Aston Villa 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 17/09/11 - post-match reaction from page 42

Rich

Yup, our lack of width down the left-wing is worrying. R Taylor overlaps but whenever he receives the ball, he cuts back onto his right foot instantly and crosses it. If we had an LB who could actually overlap and take the ball down to the byline then we'll probably get more joy but as it is, their RB has been able to push up and defend higher, and thus the crosses are coming in with no real angle.

Guest Dontooner

We are playing shit tbh, controlling possession but never really look like threatening. Need Marv to replace Best or Ba...need another player that has the balls to shoot outside of the box and make a dribble when we are clueless.

We will be struggling all season to score goals if we intend to cross and expect our impotent strikers to convert them. We sold Carrol, Nolan which shone in those tactics. The strikers we have now lack the ability to score from crosses and also lack the ability to run behind defenders...

Starting to get a bit worried like...

Now i realize how important it was for us to get a speedy and fast striker...

We are playing shit tbh, controlling possession but never really look like threatening. Need Marv to replace Best or Ba...need another player that has the balls to shoot outside of the box and make a dribble when we are clueless.

We will be struggling all season to score goals if we intend to cross and expect our impotent strikers to convert them. We sold Carrol, Nolan which shone in those tactics. The strikers we have now lack the ability to score from crosses and also lack the ability to run behind defenders...

Starting to get a bit worried like...

Now i realize how important it was for us to get a speedy and fast striker...

I'm not watching this game live but I'll bet the reason the strikers aren't scoring from crosses has more to do with the quality of the crosses than the strikers movement.