Aston Villa 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 17/09/11 - post-match reaction from page 42

Rich

Playing canny... Our best performance so far this season... Still poor in the final third though...

yep- we sold all our best goal scorers, so now we struggle to score.

quite predictable tbh.

In terms of dominating possession, this is better than any of our play last season. Yeah, we haven't scored, but possession most of the time leads to goals.

Rather see Marveaux instead of Guiterrez personally.

:nods: This is the move I'd make atm.

We need Jonas.

Jonas and Cabaye have been our best attacking players. Just have no one to aim at as Ba and Best have been poor.

Have been in and out. Is Ba not playing that well then? Would make me sick if Shola comes on any time before the 90th minute.

Definitely not out of this, we just need to keep ahold of the midfield and be mindful of being caught on the counter. Radio Newcastle reckon we need more movement from  Ba and Best - fair comment or not?

Neither are exactly high-energy, pacey players, so it boils down to them not being an ideal combination. We've had plenty of play, but we look a bit predictable.

We need Marveaux to add a bit of the unexpected.

We need Jonas.

Jonas and Cabaye have been our best attacking players. Just have no one to aim at as Ba and Best have been poor.

Have been in and out. Is Ba not playing that well then? Would make me sick if Shola comes on any time before the 90th minute.

Ba is playing well, but it's been difficult to get the forwards the ball. Ba and Best have done well.

Everyone is playing well.

We just need a goal and we'll run. :lol: God! Get one goal!

We're getting an amazing amount of space to play in, but we've not taken advantage.

We seem to be relying a lot on individual efforts down the wings. There's not much clever interpassing to open things up, but I guess that's the way we're set up.

All fart and no shit at the moment; a marked improvement on the last game is overshadowed by the fact that Villa have had a clear-cut chance and scored, whereas we've done neither. Obertan for Barton looks like a dreadful transition so far. The only means of attack seems to be "pass, move, give to Raylor, waste cross."

There's goals in it from us but i'd like to see some changes sooner rather than later.

We're pinging balls right on to their twin monsters every time. Either run at 'em or win some of those headers in the box..time for the Ameobis?

agree with these btw.

think the improvement here has been primarily middle-third not final third. we looked to have no system, and our possession play has been dire, in in previous matches. that's improved dramatically in this 45 mins, but cutting edge moves are still lacking.

would like to see marveaux on, probably for Obertan. marv seems very assured on the ball unlike obertan. just hope we havent squandered our chance in this game - villa now have a chance to regroup.

I'd be tempted to drop Best for Guthrie and Jonas for Marveaux and play a 4-3-3

Really?  :idiot2:

Aye, the classic "Take a striker off, put on a shit immobile midfielder who offers nothing to the team", it's bound to see us go home with the points.

We need Jonas.

Ba is playing well, but it's been difficult to get the forwards the ball. Ba and Best have done well.

Everyone is playing well.

We just need a goal and we'll run. :lol: God! Get one goal!

Raylor isn't playing well.

Well, it's more that he's out of position. It's a hinderance.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Mike should be our next manager. It'd be awesome. Him standing there giving his post-match speech with all his YEEHAWs and BAWGAWD AUSTINS DUNIT!