Nottingham Forest v NUFC - 20/09/11 @ 7.45pm - Carling Cup 3rd Round (not on TV)

Fenham Mag

Elliot

Simpson      Colo        Staylor      Raylor

Loven      Cabaye      Tiote      Marveaux

Ba        Ameobi

is what I think we'll see. Maybe Perch for Simpson.

Wouldn't be surprised if Sammy and Best got the second 45 minutes, especially if we're down at HT.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newcastle-s-Hatem-Ben-Arfa-is-their-Heineken-player-says-boss-Alan-Pardew-article801734.html

Newcastle will delve into their squad for the game, fielding some youngsters and handing a debut to new keeper Rob Elliot, even though Steve Harper wanted to play.

"I said to Steve that, on this occasion, the guy's come into the club and it's important to get a game under your belt," said Pardew of ex-Charlton stopper Elliot.

"When you come in behind two great keepers like we've got here, he's [Elliot] got a danger of sitting on the sidelines and people then start asking him when he's going to get his debut and I don't like that.

"I want him to get a game under his belt and wear the Newcastle jersey. He's a good goalkeeper and he'll play. He deserves recognition in his own right."

From an actual footballing point of view, i find it difficult to disagree with virtually anything Pardew says. When it comes to the politics i can take it or leave it, as i'm pretty confident he's well into the Ashley/Llambias circle, but in terms of footballing philosophy, i think he's got it absolutely right. His man-management seems spot on from the outside.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Just in case anyone has missed the fact, this game will be broadcast on Radio Five Live Extra.

Cheers!

I might have Leeds/Man U on the telly and United on the radio.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Dunno how people can sit and listen to a full match on the radio.  It's so s***.

Sometimes you have no choice, A few year back you couldn't catch all the NUFC matches on illegal streams so you had to listen to the radio for away games or euro away games where Justin Lockwood or some other doyle would tell you how the ''foreign pop is funny'' and how much it cost from the vending machine, meanwhile a football match is being played.

Dunno how people can sit and listen to a full match on the radio.  It's so shit.

I actually enjoy the radio to be honest.  Obviously I'd love a good TV feed but there's something nostalgic and antiquated (in a good way) about a radio feed.  It's a lost art-form, calling a game on the radio.

I can't believe this game isn't on TV anywhere. Feels like we're in the Championship again.

Amazing how conditioned we have become to the luxury of tv coverage at our fingertips. Remember living off a combination of ceefax updates and listening to the radio awaiting the updates around the grounds during their main coverage game.

In a way its a surprise all the games arent screened for the Carling cup. Im sure they will in time. Live in hope the individual teams websites can get the rights down the line. Its madness we dont use our website to screen reserve team and youth games live or even repeated in full. I would definately sign back up if they did that.

I can't believe this game isn't on TV anywhere. Feels like we're in the Championship again.

Amazing how conditioned we have become to the luxury of tv coverage at our fingertips. Remember living off a combination of ceefax updates and listening to the radio awaiting the updates around the grounds during their main coverage game.

In a way its a surprise all the games arent screened for the Carling cup. Im sure they will in time. Live in hope the individual teams websites can get the rights down the line. Its madness we dont use our website to screen reserve team and youth games live or even repeated in full. I would definately sign back up if they did that.

This! I'm sure plenty on here were watching that ceefax page when we played Portsmouth only for it to change to 1-0 in the last few minutes.

Memories.

Guest Haris Vuckic

It used to be funny if you were out shopping on a saturday & everyone would be crowded round the ceefax screens in the electrical shops.

Dunno how people can sit and listen to a full match on the radio.  It's so shit.

i remember when the only way you could follow some games was waiting for teletext to get around to your teams page again

....and i didnt read the last few posts :mike:

constant coverage is ample imo, whether it's tv or radio. i am a little but more nervous with a radio game though, there's always that second delay between something happening and hearing about it

plat ferguson, give saylor a rest. play ba, sameobi and marveuax imo

Journal suggesting Abeid will start - could see a front 6 of:

Obertan - Abeid - Guthrie - Marveaux

Ben Arfa

Ba

Looks tasty....

Ben Arfa

Ba

Looks tasty....

If Abeid starts id have Tiote or Cabaye in there with him.

Ben Arfa

Ba

Looks tasty....

And they also suggest that Ben Arfa will start on the bench.