Carling Cup 4th Round - Blackburn (a) - Tonight @ 8pm. NOT TELEVISED ANYWHERE

Beren

So, is this the point where we start putting out a more serious side and try and win this thing? It'd be canny to win something, I'm not too proud, I don't look down on this mickey mouse piece-of-shit waste-of-time means-nowt trophy.

So, is this the point where we start putting out a more serious side and try and win this thing? It'd be canny to win something, I'm not too proud, I don't look down on this mickey mouse piece-of-s*** waste-of-time means-nowt trophy.

Being the last 16 now, I'd actually play a near full strength side (a couple of players being rested). If we get through to the quarters, then I'd play a full strength team from that point on.

So, is this the point where we start putting out a more serious side and try and win this thing? It'd be canny to win something, I'm not too proud, I don't look down on this mickey mouse piece-of-shit waste-of-time means-nowt trophy.

After the match Pardew said this is where the serious stuff starts now, as far as the Carling Cup is concerned.

Of course if we get drawn at home to Aldershot or some shit like that, then I'll consider accepting Lovenkrands in the XI.

Same here. He's earned the 'cup' shirt with last night's goals; I'd still rather not see him anywhere near, but at least there's a basis for it when he's inevitably picked.

I haven't read the thread but surely no-one can look down on this trophy as a micky mouse cup. We haven't won a domestic trophy since '55 so we should be going all out to win this one. The only reason people think it's a micky mouse cup is because the so called big-four started using it to give young players a run out.

If we win the cup, that does make Mike Ashley a hero?

Its one for the philosoraptor.

Yeah, if we win....

Maybe not.

Sourness had us in the semi-final of the FA Cup... and the quarters of the UEFA Cup...

I'm not sure that he'd be a hero today if we had won either.  (Just. Can't. See. Past. the. Hatred.)

Far too many good teams left in :(

:sadnod:

Like any cup run for teams like us and you, some luck is needed in the draws. That said, you almost always will have to beat at least 1 good team at some point to win the thing - just hopefully at this stage, any top team drawn is at home.