Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

:lol: when was the last time we scored 6 in the same season at OT and Arsenal?

When was the last time we shipped 11 goals in 2 games? 

Last time we shipped 7 in a game?

Last time we lost 6 away games in a row?

Longest winless away run in over 30 years now.

Last time came from behind to win?

Last time scored from a corner?

Why bother biting?

Neesy, man, always looking for something to complain about. :(

Your always trolling and sucking Ashley's cock.

:lol:

You've been banging on about me supporting Ashley (often in a sexual manner) - care to point out where this is the case over the past few months?

Similarly, going back to the trolling label - are you still relying on Admin labels or can you form an opinion for yourself? If so, some recent justification would be handy. Just to show that you're not talking out of your arse....again.

Guest neesy111

:lol: when was the last time we scored 6 in the same season at OT and Arsenal?

When was the last time we shipped 11 goals in 2 games? 

Last time we shipped 7 in a game?

Last time we lost 6 away games in a row?

Longest winless away run in over 30 years now.

Last time came from behind to win?

Last time scored from a corner?

Why bother biting?

Neesy, man, always looking for something to complain about. :(

Your always trolling and sucking Ashley's cock.

:lol:

You've been banging on about me supporting Ashley (often in a sexual manner) - care to point out where this is the case over the past few months?

Similarly, going back to the trolling label - are you still relying on Admin labels or can you form an opinion for yourself? If so, some recent justification would be handy. Just to show that you're not talking out of your arse....again.

Well Stu, you just come on here spouting your shite like typical over reaction etc etc etc without even replying to questions posters put on.  At least others like Inochi who people know I don't like respond and have engagement when replying to stuff on the football side.

You just use this place to post little digs at people to troll at to inflate that ego that's stuck in your arse.  That fact that your first post tonight was in this thread says it all.

Well this will be the last time I'll read your drivel on here hopefully.

If he buys us a CB and a RB in January it would be amazing. If not we're relying on Danny Simpson and Steven Taylor's fitness - neither of which are very reliable.

Surely with the mammoth TV bonanza next season it makes no business sense to gamble with relegation.

If he buys us a CB and a RB in January it would be amazing. If not we're relying on Danny Simpson and Steven Taylor's fitness - neither of which are very reliable.

Surely with the mammoth TV bonanza next season it makes no business sense to gamble with relegation.

Expect the worst and hope for the best.

Expect the worst and hope for the best.

:thup: I'm assuming no first team player arrives and Ba is a gonner.

Hoping that we pick up three players (RB, CB, ST) and I'm torn over Ba's contract. Love the fact that he's continuing to get us goals, not sure it's entirely in the best interests of the club/style of play for him to stay. If we can bring in a first-team quality forward who can play on the flanks, allowing Cisse to move inside more regularly, I'd not be adverse to him leaving - it'd at least put an end to this buyout clause circus every transfer window.

This isn't a knee-jerk, but with the club plateauing (imo) under Ashley, and unlikely to sell up any time soon due to his stubborn negotiating and a lack of buyers in the market, do people think that if we were to get relegated again (still a big 'if') then Ashley would actively look to sell up and take a loss?

I think the chances would certainly be increased, with a serious backlash and probable desertion from fans. But unless there are buyers out there that are willing to invest, we're stuck with him. The saying 'be careful what you wish for' is very obvious with ownership, but I think it's obvious that this great club will never full fill its potential with this clown running it. It will always be Sports Direct interest before NUFC, and until that changes we're going in circles at best.

This isn't a knee-jerk, but with the club plateauing (imo) under Ashley, and unlikely to sell up any time soon due to his stubborn negotiating and a lack of buyers in the market, do people think that if we were to get relegated again (still a big 'if') then Ashley would actively look to sell up and take a loss?

I think the chances would certainly be increased, with a serious backlash and probable desertion from fans. But unless there are buyers out there that are willing to invest, we're stuck with him. The saying 'be careful what you wish for' is very obvious with ownership, but I think it's obvious that this great club will never full fill its potential with this clown running it. It will always be Sports Direct interest before NUFC, and until that changes we're going in circles at best.

does that mean we can only fulfill our potential with some owner spending loadfs of their own money. doesn't every club have "that" potential ?

The post I made a couple of weeks back (which focused more on the youth side of things tbf) is an example of how the club are doing behind the scenes. It's that Ashley wants us to tick over nicely, not make a loss, not make stupid Shepherd-esque decisions and for Ashley/Llambias to have minimal imput. They're not great innovators, they're opportunists who have had some good fortune with Hughton, Carr, Pardew etc.

The problem with this is that while they can recognise good work by others they themselves seem to be somewhat incapable of being innovative and insightful and solving wider issues we might have. For instance handing Carr an 8 year contract seems to me less like them making a statement that we'll have the best scouting team in the league, and more an attitude of "well that's our scouting done and dusted for the next 8 years, no need to look at that again until Carr's gone." (along with the fact that if he's poached by a bigger club we'll get a nice big payoff. )

The same applies to our current set up when buying and selling players - there's a slight disconnect between the business done and the precise needs of the team and I think that needs tweaking - only they haven't really got an idea of HOW to change it. Bringing in Cisse and Ba seems like great business when you look at both deals in isolation, but it's not really been the best moves for the club as a whole because the balance of the team has suffered as a result.

Shepherd in some ways was too much of the opposite in that he tried to be far too involved and didnt have the expertise to get all decisions right in the areas where he had no knowledge. Sometimes it worked in particular areas where he had more nous - ie spending a lot on expanding the stadium. I don't think Ashley has that level of ambition or foresight or the wherewithal to make that sort of investment that might be at a cost to us in the short-term but will yield benefits further down the road.

does that mean we can only fulfill our potential with some owner spending loadfs of their own money. doesn't every club have "that" potential ?

Theoretically, yes, most clubs do have a big potential if they bump hundreds of millions into their squads- see Man City. I'm not asking Ashley to spend on that ridiculous scale, I think that with our network for scouting we should be capable of investing well and seeing a lot of positive results- last season was a taste of where it can get us! Look at our bench tonight- despite our injuries it was just embarrassing. No club our size should have to play Mike Williamson and Danny Simpson for 20 games in a season.

Surely Ashley has to realise if we go down again under him it will be a disaster, no way will as many renew their season tickets, gates would be way down and no way would we get straight back up, totally different set of players this time.

He has to protect his investment, is he dumb enough to gamble again? He must buy some players, or he stands to loose shit loads IMO.

Surely Ashley has to realise if we go down again under him it will be a disaster, no way will as many renew their season tickets, gates would be way down and no way would we get straight back up, totally different set of players this time.

He has to protect his investment, is he dumb enough to gamble again? He must buy some players, or he stands to loose shit loads IMO.

Gates won't go down enough to convince him to sell, he knows as much as we do that NUFC fans will continue to support the side whatever position we're in. We're stuck with him, sadly. As johnnypd mentioned above, he's not proactive in the sense that he'll act if we look to be in the shit - he's a hands-off opportunist. As you say, the only thing we can hope for is that his eye will be on the loss of PL TV revenue if we do go down and that he'll subsequently invest in the team.

For Ashley, spending next to nothing in this window and finishing 17th would represent the greatest victory. I'm not convinced he'll walk away from the gamble and put his hand in the coffers. I honestly think the detestable scumbag gets some sort of perverted thrill from being so reckless with an entity that some people have an emotional investment in.