Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Guest firetotheworks

https://www.reddit.com/r/NUFC/comments/6uwboz/unpopular_long_opinion_about_rafa_and_his_signings/

This is currently one of the top posts on r/nufc which kind of sums up the state of that sub.

Thread Upvote is not necessarily equal to a "Like". It's a discussion point. The top voted comment disagrees with it.

:thup:

I can't find it right now, but the main one was after the Ashley interview where most of the top rated comments began with 'fair enough...'

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, it's like arguing with flat-earthers. If people can't see what's right in front of them with the overwhelming evidence available, you've got no chance within the space of 140 characters.

Just had a horrible thought.

What if the apology to Hippo Head clears the way for when Rafa inevitably has enough?

You don't think the walking arsehole meant any of those apologises do you ?

If it suits him, of course.

Michael Martin is a right c*** but that article is true in every word.

As was said in that piece, things have been bad in the past but the difference now is that the person running the club isn't even trying to make the club successful.

I wasn't around for the McKeag years and I've been unable to read too much about it apart from a snippet from the book Touching Distance. Only thing I know are best players sold for the building of a new stand, stadium in awful condition, shit team, crowds of mostly <17,000, how different were those years to now? My dad went to games in that period and he still goes now, but he never really talks of it.

The club was more than happy to suggest money was available when we were promoted and season tickets went on sale. It has since transpired that those fans were lied to.

As ever, the question that remains what is the point in a sports team that doesn't try. In an entertainment provider not trying to provide entertainment. Since the club is irrevocably linked to its traditions and its place in the region, it reflects badly on Geordies and the region as a whole.

The money is there, it is just a matter of "spend in advance" or not.  That's probably what Ashley "tricked" Rafa, but that's controversial in finance sense.

Anyway, it is not about trying anymore.  We basically need to survive first.  Ashley need to take a gamble by allowing Rafa to spend in advance or else we are hot favourite for relegation.  That said, I start to wonder, does Ashley afraid of relegation anymore?

The money is there, it is just a matter of "spend in advance" or not.

The worst thing is there's absolutely no reason not to except to be a massive fucking cunt. Even if the 100m only comes in at the end of the season or whatever, what bank in the world wouldn't secure a loan now against that guaranteed income? No matter what the %rate, having the money to spend now, to strengthen, is better than having it later when our fate may already be sealed. Utterly ridiculous spending only what's in our pockets at this exact time. Infuriating. So sad.

Ashley probably reserve the money for relegation. That's my guess. He does not want to gamble anymore - if we spend the money and relegate, we would take another huge hit.  So to him as long as the money is reserved he would be safe - relegation cost covered, or further investment cost saved if we survived.

He is a massive cunt for sure, but it's kinda rational if you ask me, because he knows we won't be getting any decent manager if Rafa walks and we must relegate.  That's why I wonder whether Ashley really afraid of relegation this time - he seems like preparing for it already.

Ashley increases Sports Direct shares in Debenhams to 23%.  He's going to own everything.  :lol:

What was his share previously? And I thought his money was tied up in Sports Direct shares, hows he bought wallpaper with other wallpaper?