Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

You mention the word pain there… there were obviously times during your 10 years where you and the Newcastle fans had different opinions. Twice you said you were putting the club up for sale because you felt they perhaps didn't appreciate what you do. What was your thought process there? Did it hurt you personally that you were perhaps being driven out of the club?

Just seen this :spit:

You mention the word pain there… there were obviously times during your 10 years where you and the Newcastle fans had different opinions. Twice you said you were putting the club up for sale because you felt they perhaps didn't appreciate what you do. What was your thought process there? Did it hurt you personally that you were perhaps being driven out of the club?

Arselicking cunt.

Like nufc is Ashleys true love and thr fans were pushing  him out. :lol:

Such a fake interview,  it looks like is interniew  has fallen on deaf ears anyway.

A particular issue that bothers me is one that wasn't covered in the interview - namely, the nature of his involvement in the business. Ostensibly, he's delegated responsibility to Charnley, but he's also appointed this figure Justin Barnes, to what sounds like an unclear role behind the scenes. If Barnes is there as his watchdog, ready to block any move that Ashley might disapprove of and/or to act as a spy, then that can undermine the whole decision-making process. He made a similar mistake when he appointed Kinnear as DOF.

I'd assume that Barnes is there to make sure that there's still some financial discipline, and Ashley's interest in the club seemed genuine, but how realistic is this 'long distance' relationship that he has with the business? It's a recipe for an erratic involvement, and some of his bad decisions seem to get made when he suddenly gets drawn in and acts without having the time to think things through properly.

A particular issue that bothers me is one that wasn't covered in the interview - namely, the nature of his involvement in the business. Ostensibly, he's delegated responsibility to Charnley, but he's also appointed this figure Justin Barnes, to what sounds like an unclear role behind the scenes. If Barnes is there as his watchdog, ready to block any move that Ashley might disapprove of and/or to act as a spy, then that can undermine the whole decision-making process. He made a similar mistake when he appointed Kinnear as DOF.

I'd assume that Barnes is there to make sure that there's still some financial discipline, and Ashley's interest in the club seemed genuine, but how realistic is this 'long distance' relationship that he has with the business? It's a recipe for an erratic involvement, and some of his bad decisions seem to get made when he suddenly gets drawn in and acts without having the time to think things through properly.

Got to remember Ashley is a proven liar. All his actions so far have pointed at him not really being arsed about NUFC and its fans.  All he is happy about is what it brings to Sports Direct.

If Ashley thought he had hit the key note with Pardew, then that tells you everything.  Pardew lost 6 in a row to Sunderland and managed some of our lowest point totals in the league.  Pardew himself jumped ship before we were eventually relegated.

From that AO piece, the fucking nerve of this guy down the years man :lol:

It took only four months for the discontent to settle down, being replaced by the anticipation of a takeover that never materialised. So just three months later Mike Ashley announced his decision to take the club back off the market #1 (28 December 2008):

“I have withdrawn Newcastle United from the market, and for me 2009 will be the year in which we drive the Club forward together. Even when I haven’t been at games I have remained a keen supporter, kicking and heading every ball and cheering the team on TV and being the first to congratulate Joe whenever there’s a good result.

“When I took the decision to put the Club up for sale in September I made a point of saying two things were very important.

“Firstly, any potential buyer would have to show they had the best interests of Newcastle United at heart and had both the commitment and finance to be worthy custodians of such a fine football club before I would even consider doing a deal.

“And secondly, I gave you my word that as long as I remain owner, this Club would continue to be run responsibly at all levels. I hope you will accept that I have stood by that pledge.

From that AO piece, the fucking nerve of this guy down the years man :lol:

It took only four months for the discontent to settle down, being replaced by the anticipation of a takeover that never materialised. So just three months later Mike Ashley announced his decision to take the club back off the market #1 (28 December 2008):

“I have withdrawn Newcastle United from the market, and for me 2009 will be the year in which we drive the Club forward together. Even when I haven’t been at games I have remained a keen supporter, kicking and heading every ball and cheering the team on TV and being the first to congratulate Joe whenever there’s a good result.

“When I took the decision to put the Club up for sale in September I made a point of saying two things were very important.

“Firstly, any potential buyer would have to show they had the best interests of Newcastle United at heart and had both the commitment and finance to be worthy custodians of such a fine football club before I would even consider doing a deal.

“And secondly, I gave you my word that as long as I remain owner, this Club would continue to be run responsibly at all levels. I hope you will accept that I have stood by that pledge.

Bet he didn't have to talk to Uncle Joe very much :lol:

From that AO piece, the f***ing nerve of this guy down the years man :lol:

He is unreal. Such an awful liar.

He is a bare faced liar and I think everyone has cottoned on to it now.  4, 5 or 6 years ago everyone in the media was suggesting that Newcastle fans were being unreasonable about Ashley, It doesn't seem that way now. It now looks like everyone has finally realised what this fat mess is about.  Shame we've had to argue with everyone left right and centre to get our message out there.

The main thing to take from the interview is that he cares what fans think of him enough that he's scheduling a half hour interview to be televised in the face of Rafa putting out a few soundbites about transfers. He does care about his reputation, which means he is reactive to criticism & the pressure of making the right choices or he wouldn't be trying to excuse himself & explain things away. (Through how many tv interviews now?)

That means Rafa does have some sway, especially if he has fans onside.

He is a bare faced liar and I think everyone has cottoned on to it now.  4, 5 or 6 years ago everyone in the media was suggesting that Newcastle fans were being unreasonable about Ashley, It doesn't seem that way now. It now looks like everyone has finally realised what this fat mess is about.  Shame we've had to argue with everyone left right and centre to get our message out there.

Nah man, appreciate his HONESTY.

:lol:

Wouldn't trust him on any level.

He's a full on liar.

Guest neesy111

:lol:

Wouldn't trust him on any level.

He's a full on liar.

This. 

Regarding the Barry Moat takeover bid, he never had anywhere near the amount of money required to buy the club for £80m or £100m. My Dad was a financial advisor and was contacted by Barry Moat's team to essentially try and arrange a huge loan so that he could pay Ashley's asking price. For the club to say that the asking price was met was complete nonsense, at no stage could Moat prove that he had the funds or would ever be able to raise the funds. He was essentially a relatively wealthy fan but had nowhere near that amount of money.

Oh, and the Moat business plan (called 'Project Magpie' :lol:) was to sell all of our most valuable players, which included Coloccini, Gutierrez and Enrique. They were costed in to the revenue the club would generate in that Championship season. So it was probably for the best he couldn't raise the funds, seeing as they all played a massive part in us coming back up.

Regarding the Barry Moat takeover bid, he never had anywhere near the amount of money required to buy the club for £80m or £100m. My Dad was a financial advisor and was contacted by Barry Moat's team to essentially try and arrange a huge loan so that he could pay Ashley's asking price. For the club to say that the asking price was met was complete nonsense, at no stage could Moat prove that he had the funds or would ever be able to raise the funds. He was essentially a relatively wealthy fan but had nowhere near that amount of money.

Oh, and the Moat business plan (called 'Project Magpie' :lol:) was to sell all of our most valuable players, which included Coloccini, Gutierrez and Enrique. They were costed in to the revenue the club would generate in that Championship season. So it was probably for the best he couldn't raise the funds, seeing as they all played a massive part in us coming back up.

Moat was never gonna make it happen and that is why I moved on from him as a partner and tried to go it alone.  I was making progress twards raising the funds (almost $20K) when MA pulled the team off the market.  The funds are in escrow should the opportunity arise for me to bid again.

Moat was never gonna make it happen and that is why I moved on from him as a partner and tried to go it alone.  I was making progress twards raising the funds (almost $20K) when MA pulled the team off the market.  The funds are in escrow should the opportunity arise for me to bid again.

I'm confused. You had 20k sitting there and this indicated you were on your way to matching Ashley's asking price?

I'm confused. You had 20k sitting there and this indicated you were on your way to matching Ashley's asking price?

Please tell me someone else is gonna jump on this too.

I've got £20k sat in the bank too, can I join in?

Please tell me someone else is gonna jump on this too.

I've got £20k sat in the bank too, can I join in?

My 20k, your 20k, his 20k, we're so close to our goal.