Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

It's more the instant gratification aspect. Just buying a load of immensely talented mercenaries doesn't really appeal.

If they win you the title who gives a f***.

:lol:

Getting a bit ahead of ourselves here. Ashley desperately pleading for bidders in the media and suddenly we're debating how we'd feel when we win the league.

Speaking hypothetically.

Staged payments? Anyone buying who needs that option can’t afford to take us on.

Then in a year or so when Ashley calls in his loan, he can finally bankrupt us when whatever clown owns us can’t afford to pay him..

Staged payments? Anyone buying who needs that option can’t afford to take us on.

Then in a year or so when Ashley calls in his loan, he can finally bankrupt us when whatever clown owns us can’t afford to pay him..

Bloke (some "expert") on totalsport saying its a game changer cause it means the buyer will be able to invest in the squad while still buying the club

Wasn't there a similar statement made in after the whole KK thing? Not getting to excited, feels like this could be another Ashley stunt.

Aye but that was a reaction to him getting stick from us, and rightly so he deserved all he got. This is a bit different imo, well i'm telling myself that.

Bloke (some "expert") on totalsport saying its a game changer cause it means the buyer will be able to invest in the squad while still buying the club

Tend to agree with Odin. None of the buyers of Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal's investors, Everton's new guy nor Bournemouths new guy have needed to stage payments to be able to invest in the playing squad.

Strikes me that no 'big' players are sniffing if he's got to incentivise potential buyers with staged payments so publically.

Tend to agree with Odin. None of the buyers of Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal's investors, Everton's new guy nor Bournemouths new guy have needed to stage payments to be able to invest in the playing squad.

Strikes me that no 'big' players are sniffing if he's got to incentivise potential buyers with staged payments so publically.

Or his asking price is too high it's scaring them off, same thing i suppose in the end.

Possibly a nicer way of saying some money can be deferred until the HMRC case is closed.

This.

And if the buyers need our revenues to finance the deal to buy the club, we'll not have much money to spend going forward as it'll all have to be fed back into paying Ashley.

Possibly a nicer way of saying some money can be deferred until the HMRC case is closed.

Potentially but normally when there is any type of liability or potential for wrongdoing to cost a buyer money then they would seek some from of covenant until it was resolved.

So, say for example, the two sets of Lawyers agree that the potential liability of the tax case is £10m - there could be an agreement that this is set aside until a judgement is made one way or the other.

I'd say that's what we would do in relation to the HMRC matter. I certainly don't see it as a deal breaker providing we can estimate the potential liaibilities and penalties etc.

Will he put the club to sale on Amazon?

He's selling the club to Amazon.

Which will also be the name of our Stadium.

It'd be the Prime Arena. [emoji38]

Worried about how long it'd take to deliver a cross in the Super Saver Delivery Arena.

This.

And if the buyers need our revenues to finance the deal to buy the club, we'll not have much money to spend going forward as it'll all have to be fed back into paying Ashley.

Exactly this. It's basically like buying a new house, paying the mortgage every month but also paying the previous owner rent on top for x number of years.

You'd have to think that would seriously hinder us being able to compete even if the new owner(s) has the best of intentions.

Or his asking price is too high it's scaring them off, same thing i suppose in the end.

Yeah true - whether you pay £20 for a Mars Bar today or you pay £0.50p today and then pay off the remaining £19.50 over the next 6 months, you've still overpaid.