Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Probably something that's already been discussed to death, but it seems to me he is a businessman who still doesn't understand football.

He'll ensure that money is spent, but only when it's necessary. Either he doesn't understand the concept that if you don't build on momentum (finishing 5th), then you're not going to stand still, you're going to go backwards; or he does and he simply refused to put more money in. That is, until he realised his assets were under the threat of a drastic devaluation if he didn't act, hence the 4 or 5 players in 2 weeks.

It's a positive move, obviously, but one which he was forced to do.

I think it's this simple: we've got a transfer policy which, if we stick to it, long term, will do us a lot of favours, as we've seen over the last couple of years. We had one bad window but were always unlikely to have two in a row. Another bad window may / probably will happen again in the future if we stick to our way of doing things, particularly if we start going for a slightly higher calibre of player, but it is the right thing to do regardless, whatever pressure the fans might try to exert to spend more money.

Here's hoping he continues to totally ignore everyone and get on with his job then

Didn't he say £20m investment a year?

Pre the Keegan/Wise fiasco? Yes.

After that. No.

I think the aim is that we will run within our own means and he'll have to subsidise us as little as possible. I doubt he's aiming to put any amount of money in out of his own coffers.

Didn't he say £20m investment a year?

Pre the Keegan/Wise fiasco? Yes.

After that. No.

I think the aim is that we will run within our own means and he'll have to subsidise us as little as possible. I doubt he's aiming to put any amount of money in out of his own coffers.

No, not since his love for the project got a swift kick to the knackers (which yes, was to a large degree his own fault).

He may come around to it again though hopefully. http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110904040556/messaging/images/7/7d/Emoticon_fingers_crossed.png

Probably depends at least in part on the extent to which the fans are prepared to give him any credit whatsoever

Not sure that matters so much, whatever he does I'd cringe like fuck if we ever started chanting his name after all that's happened. :lol:

If he has a decent time with his family in the stadium and makes the odd jaunt to the bigg market without getting excessive stick, that'd be progress, and he might just fancy lobbing some of his own onto a player or two again.

/just no more Alan Smiths pls. Leave it to Carr.

Guest tollemache

I'd be happy if he never spent another penny of his own money on the club as long as we're run well.

As far as chanting his name goes, I think just a big "We're Sorry" banner would be enough.

I'd be happy if he never spent another penny of his own money on the club as long as we're run well.

As far as chanting his name goes, I think just a big "We're Sorry" banner would be enough.

Fuck off :lol:

In seriousness, credit to Ashley for recognising the need to strenghten. Here's hoping he won't fuck it up.

Guest icemanblue

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest Bert Shaft

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/31211417.jpg

Nice one Derek  :lol:

Might want to give that bag of a glue a rest mate.

Guest tollemache

Some kind of half time 'forgiveness parade' on the pitch might top it off nicely. Kids in the crowd wearing prosthetic double chins