Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Guest Gh0StFaC3

SportsDirect.fr

Have you actually put that in? It just goes to the English version. At least .es is in Spanish even if it is identical to the English site and in no way changed for a different market. Tool. :lol:

Because your IP address originates from the UK?

This reminds me of the January transfer window when we were in the championship signings had to be made to push us on and it was done.

This would have happened this summer IMO but the club was unwilling to pay over the odds for players or they just simply weren't available at the time. I am delighted that the club stuck to their guns... short term pain long term gain. Obviously it can not happen every year but we have defiantly drawn a line in the sand with selling clubs.

Honestly would hate to think what would have happened if we signed De Jong in the summer. I think we would be in so much trouble at the moment. We would be unable to afford Mapou for example.

I am quite sure there will be a big sale to offset these purchases already prepared for the summer Tiote to a CL team in another league would probably be the most likely.

That said would do a player exchange of sakho for tiote if coloccini leaves... as mapou and sakho both have the same agent and will have one year left on his contract with PSG where he is still on small wages

He should have done more in the summer, but from his POV I can understand why he didn't. I don't think even the most pessimistic on here expected us to be flirting with relegation.

Pleased with this window, it looks a bit mental from the outside but the end result is that we're much stronger than before, so I'll focus on that.

I know I shouldn´t, but I can´t stop thinking about this coming summer. I have a bad feeling :undecided:

Given the performances, fitness and form of the squad so far this season - who of our squad would you genuinely be distraught at being sold?

Krul? HBA? Cabaye? Maybe, but we've had to do without the latter two for a reasonable chunk of this season (which has been noticed in the results/perormances).

Contrast to last season when we would have been screaming murder if the prospect of Cisse, Tiote, Coloccini, etc., were linked with a potential move away. Granted, the disappointment of this season has played a part in our views of who is 'irreplaceable' and who can be moved on to continue the squad rebuilding.

Probably something that's already been discussed to death, but it seems to me he is a businessman who still doesn't understand football.

He'll ensure that money is spent, but only when it's necessary. Either he doesn't understand the concept that if you don't build on momentum (finishing 5th), then you're not going to stand still, you're going to go backwards; or he does and he simply refused to put more money in. That is, until he realised his assets were under the threat of a drastic devaluation if he didn't act, hence the 4 or 5 players in 2 weeks.

It's a positive move, obviously, but one which he was forced to do.

Think he's still getting to grips with his 'business' perspective of not wanting to pay any over the minimum possible to get a deal done - which is how he's been successful in his own right - versus the murkier world of football transfer dealings.

They've evidently identified those players who are available on reduced terms (contract clauses, disputes, low-value wages, etc.) and are monitoring when the best time to do deal for those players in. From previous DL quotes, there appears to be a 'purple' option, 'b' option and a younger option for each squad position - as the form/fitness of our current players changes and the team's results impact our transfer priorities, Charnley, Carr and Llambias try and marry that up with the knowledge they have about the transfer targets and striking a deal that is in the club's best financial interests (i.e. paying a transfer fee to bring in a player ahead of a Bosman, or going for the younger option while we wait for the 'purple' player to be available at a lower price).

It's not perfect, by a long shot, but they're still continuing to do good business off the field to allow the club to live within it's means and still attract a good level of talent; the next 6-12mths should determine whether or not they need to address the coaching/managerial side if the results don't drastically pick up.

I'd be happy if he never spent another penny of his own money on the club as long as we're run well.

As far as chanting his name goes, I think just a big "We're Sorry" banner would be enough.

Might want to give that bag of a glue a rest mate.

:spit: :mackems:

Fair play for backing the manager. If we don't sell any key players.

Same to Ikon...

Given the performances, fitness and form of the squad so far this season - who of our squad would you genuinely be distraught at being sold?

Krul? HBA? Cabaye? Maybe, but we've had to do without the latter two for a reasonable chunk of this season (which has been noticed in the results/perormances).

Contrast to last season when we would have been screaming murder if the prospect of Cisse, Tiote, Coloccini, etc., were linked with a potential move away. Granted, the disappointment of this season has played a part in our views of who is 'irreplaceable' and who can be moved on to continue the squad rebuilding.

Fair play for backing the manager. If we don't sell any key players.

this. seem to have their act together and executed it well this week, a signing per day has lifted everyone, probs planned that way.

wonder if there is still cash for a striker or if the Remy money was put on mbiwa

For all his faults, Ashley is a shrewd businessman. And he's done a downright fantastic bit of business this week. Getting as many players as we have for that price. Unfortunate as it is, Ashley's looking at a big fat cheque when he inevitably decides to flip some of these guys. Unless they completely shit the bed in the PL, Sissoko and Yanga-Mbiwa especially are sure to be in hot demand in the next few years.

probably but unless clubs like us everton etc get into the champions league and can stay there thats what happens, hell look at Arsenal as much as we think we're a selling club they've taken it to ludicrous levels last 5 years.

And I think Arsenal is a good model for this club. We just need to find our Arsene Wenger.

Roughly our first choice 11 now has cost us 55 to 60 million without taking the money we made from player sales off that. Probably ends up at 12.5 million with Ba, Enrique and Carroll @ 47.5 million. Not bad for that team eh.

What did we get for Nolan?