Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Looks like this hotel business has paid off.

I was thinking that earlier. Think it gained some people's respect. No doubt.

God ... after the way this all started with Remy, it's been a heck of a turn around.

Time for Pardew to pull it all together.

What was the hotel thing about?

Still can't abide Ashley for many reasons but if you can't be positive after the last couple of days (Colo business excepted) then I'd question what you expect from NUFC tbh. Certainly under this regime, this is about as good as it gets.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5c2nc8dMN1r6p09p.gif*

*Completely agree with you btw. :thup:

Has anyone done the sums on how much our net outlay is for this and the summer window. All in all I will be more than happy just wish we could have secured these deals in the summer, perhaps then we wouldn't be in the position we are in right now.

Well they said he was going to get personally involved, and what's been happening this week and the speed of it has been pretty fucking extraordinary.

Bit of a glimpse into how he goes about deals when he really wants them done.

Has anyone done the sums on how much our net outlay is for this and the summer window. All in all I will be more than happy just wish we could have secured these deals in the summer, perhaps then we wouldn't be in the position we are in right now.

I was thinking if all the reported prices are right we have spent next to nothing that makes me very happy but then again I agree this sort of outlay surely was possible in the summer.

Course it's not a sensible approach, but I doubt it was planned like this. All we can do is hope he's learned from his errors and will go for prevention rather than cure in future. There's a fair chance.

You doubt it was planned to wait until January where these players' prices would be quartered?

I'm sure I read somewhere a quote from Llambias saying that he/Ashley prefer the January window because everyone takes the p1ss with prices in the the Summer. As a result there are better deals to be done in January. Cannot find the quote on the net though...

Starting to think an exchange like this went down...

Ashley: Getting a little annoyed with Pards coming up with excuse after excuse in the press and blaming a lack of squad depth.

DL: Yeah, he's getting on me tits.

Ashley: So here's the plan, let's give him purples out his arse, young talent, and proper depth. Tell Graham to squeeze in every Frenchman he possibly can with 20m. Sink or swim time Alan.

Guest malandro

I'd be happy if he never spent another penny of his own money on the club as long as we're run well.

As far as chanting his name goes, I think just a big "We're Sorry" banner would be enough.

Time for some common sense / negativity.

Timing - buying one player in the summer and then going mental in January is not a sensible coherent and considered approach. What would have happened if Arsenal had come in for MYM at the start of the month or Montpellier had demanded £12m? What would we have done if Gouffran had broke his leg during the festive season, or Haidara had preferred a move to Italy. None of these things happened but we are two points off a relegation spot and it would have taken very little for things to go badly wrong when you only have a month to do business. I'd call it a crazy gamble but that implies it had been our plan to buy tons of players in January, which it clearly wasn't.

Premature Ejaculation - an awful lot of assumptions are being made about how ace our new French recruits are. MYM has done well in the French league, but so did Gervinho and playing in the PL turned him into clueless s***. How many NUFC supporters were remarking on what a good player Gouffran looked after we played Bordeux? I'm not saying they'll flop, only that it might be sensible to see how they do before unfurling the 'sorry mike' banners.

French Revolution - having so many foreign players of one nationality at a club is largely uncharted territory. One or two clubs have flirted with the idea but no longer persist with it and I don't think Houllier and Malbranque's warnings can, or should be dismissed out of hand. It's not that long ago Pardew himself was claiming home grown players were the soul of a football club. Again, time will be the best judge.

We needed players after a pathetic summer. We've bought some who will hopefully adapt well and quickly to the PL. We are two points off a relegation spot and playing badly. Forgive me if I don't join in the group wanking just yet.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lukfyaMC0v1qc5u4q.gif

Let's see if your still wanking into your croissant at the end of the season.

Yeah, wouldn't it be awesome if we got relegated, just so your post on Newcastle Online actually meant something.

How satisfying for you!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maxey6YT2u1rw0ca5o1_500.gif

Cretin.

Guest malandro

Still can't abide Ashley for many reasons but if you can't be positive after the last couple of days (Colo business excepted) then I'd question what you expect from NUFC tbh. Certainly under this regime, this is about as good as it gets.

It's not a question of being positive, it's a question of how easily views are swayed by a few treats being thrown to the plebs.

I don't agree with IWs views but I respect the courage of his conviction. He's not dictated to by random events. He doesn't just jump on whatever bandwagon is in vogue this month. He's not afraid of going against the flow. He has a considered position that he backs up with grown up reasoned posts. I think he's wrong but he's worth a million gif spouting trolls.

Looks like this hotel business has paid off.

I was thinking that earlier. Think it gained some people's respect. No doubt.

God ... after the way this all started with Remy, it's been a heck of a turn around.

Time for Pardew to pull it all together.

What was the hotel thing about?

He set up some sort of transfer super team out in France during the transfer window.

He appears to have responded to our situation with money for players. In his typical fashion he has bought with shrewdness and some of the players are very good for the money.

Do worry that he is planning to sell a few come the Summer.

Summer we'll need another CB and another Striker, plus replacements for players gone, I doubt we'll sign much more, maybe odd prospect like Bigi. If we stay in the league. If we drop we'll need to replace loads who'll flee