Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Do worry that he is planning to sell a few come the Summer.

I hope we do get rid of a fair few, tbh.

We do have ones worth selling/releasing, I'm more concerned about our better ones actually fetching a bigger fee or wanting out.

If Jonas, Willamson, Simpson, Shola etc. were moved on/released I'd be pretty happy.

Guest neesy111

Same.  I don't see a big future for Tiote tbh now.

Anybody else suspect that the Remy shenanigans have got the ownership more pro-active- in that they have told thier targets- heres the offer take it or leave it now, today, and not given them the chance to go away and think about it ( look for better deal) - hence they all jumped aboard.

Anybody else suspect that the Remy shenanigans have got the ownership more pro-active- in that they have told thier targets- heres the offer take it or leave it now, today, and not given them the chance to go away and think about it ( look for better deal) - hence they all jumped aboard.

Well if that's true, then hats of Mike and company.

absolutely-

Same.  I don't see a big future for Tiote tbh now.

I'm hoping Tiote feels the pressure now with Sissoko joining.

Something has definitely changed as we have been astute since last week and pushed through the signings with no hitches, unheard of with our lot. This must give our current lads a big boost and shows ambition to improve. If we can get over this rough patch we must be stronger for it

For all his faults, Ashley is a shrewd businessman. And he's done a downright fantastic bit of business this week. Getting as many players as we have for that price. Unfortunate as it is, Ashley's looking at a big fat cheque when he inevitably decides to flip some of these guys. Unless they completely shit the bed in the PL, Sissoko and Yanga-Mbiwa especially are sure to be in hot demand in the next few years.

true they are a few we should off load, hopefully this will happen. as it the only way forward . Get rid of the ones that are no longer required. save on thier wages and everyone is happy.

Guest chicken little

Unfortunate as it is, Ashley's looking at a big fat cheque when he inevitably decides to flip some of these guys.

as long as the model holds, i'm not even that arsed. we'll punt ben arfa and cabaye down the line for massive cash. but it doesn't matter, because somewhere in paris there's a lad whose balls haven't even dropped who is going to be even better, and who graham carr knows all about. in about five years time, after said lad has earned his second cap, fat mike and dekka will somehow convince his club to swap him for a fucking handful of magic beans.

things are literally never, ever going to go wrong from here on in. trust me.

Aye, seems that way to me. And we are one step ahead of Wenger the whole way it looks like, all these transfer articles seem to mention that Wenger was in touch but didnt have his bid together in time.

Aye, seems that way to me. And we are one step ahead of Wenger the whole way it looks like, all these transfer articles seem to mention that Wenger was in touch but didnt have his bid together in time.

tbh If  my business I was getting gazumped like the Remy carry on- its exactly how I would deal with it- ie  put the deal on the table but its take it or leave it there and then. to much fucking about with agents, i think MA DL have had enough of it.

Big money TV deal next season and the very real possibility of relegation has resulted in this I think, survive relegation and bring in a decent manager and it could work out very well for us next season. Long way to go yet.

Unfortunate as it is, Ashley's looking at a big fat cheque when he inevitably decides to flip some of these guys.

as long as the model holds, i'm not even that arsed. we'll punt ben arfa and cabaye down the line for massive cash. but it doesn't matter, because somewhere in paris there's a lad whose balls haven't even dropped who is going to be even better, and who graham carr knows all about. in about five years time, after said lad has earned his second cap, fat mike and dekka will somehow convince his club to swap him for a fucking handful of magic beans.

things are literally never, ever going to go wrong from here on in. trust me.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Not thanking him or giving him praise until the window is closed and we have a clear picture of ins and outs full stop.

He's gone up in my estimation so far by sanctioning these outlays. I'll give DL's deal team and Carr's scouting team (whoever they are in both areas) huge praise for the job they are doing so far.

Guest Bert Shaft

If Jonas, Willamson, Simpson, Shola etc. were moved on/released I'd be pretty happy.

... but we're just building up the squad size that  we have needed for ages.  :laugh2:

For all his faults, Ashley is a shrewd businessman. And he's done a downright fantastic bit of business this week. Getting as many players as we have for that price. Unfortunate as it is, Ashley's looking at a big fat cheque when he inevitably decides to flip some of these guys. Unless they completely shit the bed in the PL, Sissoko and Yanga-Mbiwa especially are sure to be in hot demand in the next few years.

probably but unless clubs like us everton etc get into the champions league and can stay there thats what happens, hell look at Arsenal as much as we think we're a selling club they've taken it to ludicrous levels last 5 years.

Regardless of the Remy deal - I think the board has learnt quite a few lessons in the last year.

Mostly spanned from the launch of SportsDirect.fr. Imagine the sales man Dekka. There won't be a donnay sock a all of Paris.

Have you actually put that in? It just goes to the English version. At least .es is in Spanish even if it is identical to the English site and in no way changed for a different market. Tool. :lol: