Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

:lol: What a thoroughly bizarre post. No idea what the Wallsend stuff is about.

OK, ignore the horrible person comment which is harsh so I apologise.

The point I'm making about your impeccable timing is valid. To pop up at the optimal moment and dig up and mock posts by people who were genuinely and understandably concerned at the plight of the club (while you were nowhere to be seen) is a coward's trick. You know it and I know it, it's obviously beyond you to turn up again and show a bit of humility after the few months we've just had.

Who would I hate to lose? The 2 you've mentioned, absolutely. I'd have said Colo but I've unfortunately got used to the idea. Cabaye is another, so is Santon. I'd like to see us keep Marveaux too.

Fair comment, I knew it would be picked up by someone re: timing but this is genuinely my first spare couple of days in the last 5mths. Have popped on intermittently but been scared off by the sheer vitriol - I know it's a result of the dire on field results (and Oct/Nov performances) but it's always way OTT, for me.

Can't see Cabaye leaving in a month of Sundays, would be genuinely concerned if it was even mentioned (even for stupid money, like Carroll). His injury has only served to underline how important a player he is for us.

Similary, I would have said Colo and Cisse before this season (wasn't so fussed about Ba due to the ongoing contract saga) but performances and the will he/wont he issue has obviously distorted my view of him.

Getting ready to see Colo leave and hoping Tiote, if any, is the 'purple' sold to balance the books for Sissoko et al.

Guest neesy111

IP - little or no internet access (outside of tapatalk), so I've not been able to spend 4 months responding to this kind of rhetoric...

For Ashley, spending next to nothing in this window and finishing 17th would represent the greatest victory. I'm not convinced he'll walk away from the gamble and put his hand in the coffers. I honestly think the detestable scumbag gets some sort of perverted thrill from being so reckless with an entity that some people have an emotional investment in.

:clap:

Yet some idiots are still prepared to defend the cunt.

:anguish:

Some more prescient comments from the dark days of 2012

I don't think Ashley will gamble against relegation for a second time. I think we'll spend.

That massive pay day from the TV money next season will be on his mind. I think he'll stick his hand in his pocket.

He should do if he has any business acumen.

Either way, the "board" have done their bit, now it's up to the playing squad and management to justify the excitement.

My comment was from 2012.  Can't you read???

To be honest I haven't been averse to the idea of Tiote leaving for quite a while now. I used to be of the opinion that we'd never spend a penny without selling players first or later (still not convinced otherwise like but fingers crossed) and Tiote leaving was the lesser of many evils for me. Thought we could get very good money for him and spend it on 3 or 4 good players, including an able replacement.

I'd love us to keep him and get him back to his old form though, it might be easier for him if he's not playing every game in a struggling side. It would be fantastic to see us build from here and create a good squad with competition for places.

The potential of the club's there for all to see, I think getting a sniff of success last year and seeing it seemingly snatched away due to tightfisted opportunism (opportunism that is to try to do it on the cheap and hope for the same results) has really brought the frustration out of many on here. There seems to have been more patience from those in the stands on the whole but I'd put a lot of that down to generally getting a good kicking as a fanbase down the years with expectations dampened as a result. Not that I think the crowd should be kicking off every 5 minutes but I've been surprised at the lack of anger until recently.

I think my main concern now is whether Pardew's the man for the job, I personally don't think so but he's got a few months to prove his worth.

To be honest I haven't been averse to the idea of Tiote leaving for quite a while now. I used to be of the opinion that we'd never spend a penny without selling players first or later (still not convinced otherwise like but fingers crossed) and Tiote leaving was the lesser of many evils for me. Thought we could get very good money for him and spend it on 3 or 4 good players, including an able replacement.

I'd love us to keep him and get him back to his old form though, it might be easier for him if he's not playing every game in a struggling side. It would be fantastic to see us build from here and create a good squad with competition for places.

The potential of the club's there for all to see, I think getting a sniff of success last year and seeing it seemingly snatched away due to tightfisted opportunism (opportunism that is to try to do it on the cheap and hope for the same results) has really brought the frustration out of many on here. There seems to have been more patience from those in the stands on the whole but I'd put a lot of that down to generally getting a good kicking as a fanbase down the years with expectations dampened as a result. Not that I think the crowd should be kicking off every 5 minutes but I've been surprised at the lack of anger until recently.

I think my main concern now is whether Pardew's the man for the job, I personally don't think so but he's got a few months to prove his worth.

:thup: think Tiote has been a victim of his own success, the more we've built him up, the more responsibility he's tried to take on...he was culpable for trying to play his way out of trouble early on (Blackburn at home IIRC) but it's become more frequent and the suspensions/yellow cards haven't dropped off....from a year ago (when he was relatively irreplaceable)...his form and fitness have resulted in a large-ish section of the support not being too concerned if he's sacrificed for the greater good.

Still maintain that the policy of the owner/club is going to bear fruit in the long term - quite impressed that the enthusiasm of posters on here isn't about the amount of money we've spent, but the type/quality of player that we've brought in - seems that we're improving off the field and in the stands no end. Pleased to see NE1 become a hotbed of European culture...only adds to the area IMO :)

:slowclap: To our entire scouting network not just our cheif scout, Mr. Carr. From the guys that do the translations to the blokes that watch 14 year olds in the rain of the obsecure unprenoucable place you happen to end up (probably south of france but). You have all done your jobs remarkeabley well and hope to see a positive upswing in the senior team for not just the rest of the season but next season too.  :hmm: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Spot on.

RE: Tiote for me it could always be that for whatever reason he had a massive spike in form when he arrived and he's simply reverted to what he actually is. He's never been good on the ball and some of the fantasies linking him with 'top 4' were far fetched because of this, there is a decent player in there though but I'm not sure he has the mentality or the coaching available to him to realise it.

Like any of us on here I have no idea how Ashley sees his investment in the club. But it is a fact that the market value of Sports Direct has increased by about 65% in the last year and about 35% since the summer. It is only "paper" money but his shares in Sports Direct are now worth £750 million more than they were a year ago #just saying.  :whistle:

Guest tollemache

:lol: Fuck me.

You said you were quietly shitting yourself not 2 weeks ago. On here.

I think my point of view is pretty clear from the many, many posts I've made. Or you can seize on one phrase and quite pathetically twist it.

Like any of us on here I have no idea how Ashley sees his investment in the club. But it is a fact that the market value of Sports Direct has increased by about 65% in the last year and about 35% since the summer. It is only "paper" money but his shares in Sports Direct are now worth £750 million more than they were a year ago #just saying.  :whistle:

Astute observation and almost certainly linked to last week's going ons.

The remaining few on here who refer to Ashley in "stupid" or "idiot" like terms are, .....well quite frankly idiots.

He may be many things but an idiot he most certainly is not.

Astute observation and almost certainly linked to last week's going ons.

The remaining few on here who refer to Ashley in "stupid" or "idiot" like terms are, .....well quite frankly idiots.

He may be many things but an idiot he most certainly is not.

i'm not so sure. those he brought in are very good investments no matter how his other business is doing with all probably having a higher value than the purchase price.

Why would it be linked at all?

OK I'll concede, maybe not a direct link.  However if Ashley had to put any personal money into the deals (and we must remember that buying players at the end of their contracts costs a lot more than the "visible" transfer fee) then him being pretty flush, even by his standards, would have made his decision easier.

His own money? Why the hell would he do that again all of a sudden after years of not doing so?

Ridiculous this.

Possible reasons: the club isn't doing as well on the pitch as last season and he doesn't want to mess with relegation and/or he's feeling a bit flusher due to the success of that part of his business empire that accounts for well over 70% of his wealth. I don't know what the club's finances look like and consequently I don't know if the club has the cash to fund these deals right now. Only those on the inside would have that knowledge.

:lol: Fuck me.

You said you were quietly shitting yourself not 2 weeks ago. On here.

I think my point of view is pretty clear from the many, many posts I've made. Or you can seize on one phrase and quite pathetically twist it.

I'm just picking up on your latest mental comment. You weren't surprised we signed 5 players? You weren't in the least bit concerned we wouldn't plug enough gaps or that we'd get relegated? With our recent form and our general transfer window dawdling?

Wow, how's that valium working out for you?