Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

The idea of staying away from a league cup game is not a bad one in itself, I just think the Leeds fixture is the wrong game at the wrong time. They are a former big club who will bring 5000 fans itching to have another crack at the big time. It's one I would rather see our supporters turn out to back our team against their rabid fans.

The idea of staying away from a league cup game is not a bad one in itself, I just think the Leeds fixture is the wrong game at the wrong time. They are a former big club who will bring 5000 fans itching to have another crack at the big time. It's one I would rather see our supporters turn out to back our team against their rabid fans.

We will always find a reason to turn up, next round it will be a different reason but we'll find one. 

We will always find a reason to turn up, next round it will be a different reason but we'll find one.

:yao:

Ashley runs the club from London, and so long as we are in the Premiership he has no reason to be ambitious, buying a club that you have no emotional ties to is done for money and I think he hates us as much as we hate him.

I'm not a big fan of boycotting like, it's a bit like cutting your nose off to spite your face. If it was to happen though, fans should gather outside the ground and support the team (as crazy as it might sound).

There's a lot of scrutiny gaining pace on Ashley, the NUFC accounts and the unholy union with SD, the mainstream media are already picking up on it and I can really see this snowballing.

This summer has really bit him on the arse, it was a gamble but I don't think he anticipated this level of backlash. Probably expected a few chants and dummy spits but not the scrutiny.

There's a lot of scrutiny gaining pace on Ashley, the NUFC accounts and the unholy union with SD, the mainstream media are already picking up on it and I can really see this snowballing.

This summer has really bit him on the arse, it was a gamble but I don't think he anticipated this level of backlash. Probably expected a few chants and dummy spits but not the scrutiny.

are they ?

hope so as they'll have better resources than us.

There have been various protests since Ashley arrived. Have any of them had a positive effect? They've arguably made the situation worse.

I seem to remember you being a big fan of protests against the NUFC board in the past.

Guest neesy111

From NUST Facebook Page:

SPORTS DIRECT NEWS

On the 3rd September, NUST had a request from a reporter at SportsDirect News for some quotes on the summer transfer window, this is what the reporter sent us;

"I should begin by saying that editorially speaking we are in no way connected to Sports Direct and Mike Ashley! I know this has caused some confusion amongst Newcastle United fans in the past. I was hoping you might be able to help me in an article I'm researching regarding the fans' perspective on Newcastle's summer transfer window activity."

In response a few hours later (still on 3rd September) we gave the following quote for SportsDirect News to use;

"Newcastle fans have reacted in disbelief to the events of this summer. To say the return of Joe Kinnear was 'surprising' would be the understatement of the millennium.

At a time when every other Premier League club is strengthening their squad, it defies belief that Newcastle United's is numerically weaker than the one that finished last season.

To not make one player purchase this summer is astounding and calls into question the ambition of Mike Ashley and those tasked to run Newcastle United on his behalf. A squad that narrowly avoided relegation is now once again left right on the edge with no margin for error, only two or three injuries in key positions would lead to potential disaster.

NUST hope that one day we will see a management structure worthy of the name at St.James' Park and the club run with the ambition to match that of the fans, the same fans who make Newcastle United the tenth best supported club in Europe.

While in addition the money the supporters plough into the club has helped push NUFC back into the top twenty football club turnovers in the world."

SD News had obviously done the same with every other Premier League club as we saw the views of the fans of every other club go up on the SD News website but no sign of our Newcastle United quotes.

Instead of the quotes appearing we instead received the following message from the SD News journalist stating;

"Unfortunately my editor told me late last night he has spiked the story..."

Claims of any kind of editorial independence by SportsDirect News instantly blown out of the water.

If they have no link with the club, how did they manage to get exclusive quotes from the manager on several occasions over the summer? Rooney nonsense aside, how were they first on the Gosling situation and other transfer news? Seems odd for some nobody from a two bit website to suddenly have better access than any of the established regional or national journalists. :rolleyes:

are they ?

hope so as they'll have better resources than us.

Me too, because the media will be taken a lot more seriously than disgruntled fans. Any articles which cover SD's alleged grab of the club's merchandising profits should be posted here.

If they have no link with the club, how did they manage to get exclusive quotes from the manager on several occasions over the summer? Rooney nonsense aside, how were they first on the Gosling situation and other transfer news? Seems odd for some nobody from a two bit website to suddenly have better access than any of the established regional or national journalists. :rolleyes:

I wonder if Josef Goebels is now working for NUFC and SD? It would seem so.