Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Lets all turn a blind eye to nufc being turned into sports direct fc

most will want to see it proven before being accused of turning a blind eye to it.

Much is already proven, the free advertising for example.

most will want to see it proven before being accused of turning a blind eye to it.

i was meaning the possibly illegal siphoning off from the tills.

They also said they made a mistake last summer, this year we've gone 1 better by not signing a single player permanently.

Guess they would argue based on the January dudes.

Again this is connected to last summer's inactivity.

Sure, I don't even know how much weight I give to it. I do think it deserves some credit, but obviously it doesn't entirely make up for the two quiet summers.

It was made quite clear in January that the glut of signings then was the summer spending brought forward.

They can say that every day until the heat death of the universe, but it still remains that the signings in January should have been made the summer before, not the summer after.

Also, it's complete rubbish as we also got plenty of statements that there was money to spend, learning from earlier mistakes and looking to bring a few players in. There is no way that anyone can seriously suggest we were made abundantly clear there would be no summer signings before or during the transfer window.

Illegal? Do you mean to suggest it would be fine by you if the merchandising/retail revenue no longer went to the club as long as it was fucking legal?

It was made quite clear in January that the glut of signings then was the summer spending brought forward.

They can say that every day until the heat death of the universe, but it still remains that the signings in January should have been made the summer before, not the summer after.

Also, it's complete rubbish as we also got plenty of statements that there was money to spend, learning from earlier mistakes and looking to bring a few players in. There is no way that anyone can seriously suggest we were made abundantly clear there would be no summer signings before or during the transfer window.

I wonder whether the intention was lies, or whether they were just incompetent. I suspect the latter TBH.

Illegal? Do you mean to suggest it would be fine by you if the merchandising/retail revenue no longer went to the club as long as it was f***ing legal?

you know i didn't mean that, in the same way that you know it's worse if it's also illegal.

They also said they made a mistake last summer, this year we've gone 1 better by not signing a single player permanently.

Sure, I don't even know how much weight I give to it. I do think it deserves some credit, but obviously it doesn't entirely make up for the two quiet summers.

Did the club/Lambsarse/Pardew admit last summer's frugality was a mistake and that January would go someway to rectifying that? Pretty sure I recall some bumph of that nature. Now they're saying that this summer's frugality is down to the splash out in January. Cake and eat it merchants.

Just read this from the chronicle:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mike-ashley-protest-how-newcastle-5845812

Reading this p*ssed me off. I was actually looking forward to going to the leeds game.  Can't see what this is going to prove, boycotting a game which you need to buy a separate ticket for? They probably weren't even going to go anyway which is fine by me as its extra £££.

When are they going to realize that boycotting games are never going to work because proper fans like me+others will go and support the team no matter what. If you don't want to go and see the lads no more then f*ck off, i don't care, don't sing and dance about it and expect a medal because your boycotting a league cup match.

Go you SUPER FAN!

So do you think they are making a big statement by not going to a 3rd round capital cup game?

Loads of little statements will do for the time being. As your lass always tells you, size isn't everything.

Illegal? Do you mean to suggest it would be fine by you if the merchandising/retail revenue no longer went to the club as long as it was fucking legal?

Are there any related party disclosures in the latest set of accounts?

Did the club/Lambsarse/Pardew admit last summer's frugality was a mistake and that January would go someway to rectifying that? Pretty sure I recall some bumph of that nature. Now they're saying that this summer's frugality is down to the splash out in January. Cake and eat it merchants.

then they'll say debuchy, gouffran and haidara were in response to last summer. mapou and sissoko were this summer early.

They know what they're doing, constantly shopping in January. Right before season ticket renewal, chance of some of those lovely cheapo deals as contracts run down and it allows them to claim the spending was instead of either summer, depending on what lie they're attempting to push at the time.

They know what they're doing, constantly shopping in January. Right before season ticket renewal, chance of some of those lovely cheapo deals as contracts run down and it allows them to claim the spending was instead of either summer, depending on what lie they're attempting to push at the time.

tbf I'd be quite happy with january shopping if it was better value (like it seemed like last january) but I still see that even as a one off.

Illegal? Do you mean to suggest it would be fine by you if the merchandising/retail revenue no longer went to the club as long as it was f***ing legal?

you know i didn't mean that, in the same way that you know it's worse if it's also illegal.

Ok, must have misinterpreted. Apologies.

I don't care when we shop as long as the squad is fully equipped to make, at the very least, an attempt at a European place and compete properly in both cups. Anything less is unacceptable. We're a long long way short at the moment and will remain so under Ashley.

Nothing disclosed to do with merchandising.

Slow day:

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/2149/xzka.jpg

It doesn't really matter if January spending is aligned to this summer or that summer. We're in desperate need of another 2 forwards, simple as. Again we'll go without.

That's the bottom line at the end of the day. We needed at least two more players to make the squad capable of aiming for the top 6 and we didn't get them. Even if they arrive in January it might well be another season written off. Again.

Slow day:

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/2149/xzka.jpg

Yup that's the note - free advertising but no merchandising arrangement