Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Good little analysis of our situation, with George Caulkin, on The Times The Game podcast this week, about 25 mins in.

Good little discussion that, albeit brief. Tony Evans is a bit of a tit but I do like listening to him whenever the discussion is about fans and local pride.

Good little analysis of our situation, with George Caulkin, on The Times The Game podcast this week, about 25 mins in.

Good little discussion that, albeit brief. Tony Evans is a bit of a tit but I do like listening to him whenever the discussion is about fans and local pride.

Brilliant journo IMO if not a bit self important but I would be too.

Just depressing that it doesn't get greater coverage. Deluded Geordies, shut up.

Unfortunately despite us being backpage news often enough (rarely for owt good mind) we're just not a big enough club with enough high profile eloquent media entities to say campaign about it.

Guest Sir_Frank_Pingle

Hey,

I dont post too often on here, was a season ticket holder from 86 til a couple of years back.

Now living in Netherlands I still watch as much as I can and get to a few games when home.

Just on the Ashley situation, unsure if this has been suggested, but is it not an idea to try and take over his brand, much like he has with ours. ie the club.

Could we not hand out flyers pre-match that contain information on holding up for 5 mins during a game.

These flyers would contain a message that somehow has an effect on the sportsdirect brand in a negative yet legal light?

Now Im unsure what these could be but Im sure cameras would pick up on a stadium full of people holding a message that in some smart ways, sends a message and ideally draws negativity to this sports brand.

In theory we hijack his love as he has with ours.

Probably a stupid late night idea, but an alternative to trying to get people to not turn up at Gallowgate.

:yikes:

Good idea, lets not fuck the clubs revenue as Ashley will only drop the spending accordingly.  Instead lets use the world wide coverage we get to hit out at sports direct.  Obviously this is assuming we can think of something that defies the "no such thing as bad PR"  theory.

Guest zicomartin

I wonder how much stuff he would sell if everybody logged on to his website at once...

Without buying anything, obviously.

I wonder how much stuff he would sell if everybody logged on to his website at once...

Without buying anything, obviously.

Denial of service, did we do something like that with a reporter once when his Inbox was filled with crap?

Good idea, lets not fuck the clubs revenue as Ashley will only drop the spending accordingly.  Instead lets use the world wide coverage we get to hit out at sports direct.  Obviously this is assuming we can think of something that defies the "no such thing as bad PR"  theory.

:yao:

Guest Sir_Frank_Pingle

I'm unsure if it could ork but I dont think it would be too hard to implement - I think most fans are up to making a stand but most dont want to miss the game.

Simply using well designed - type and colour matched to his brand, we can pretty much make a huge powerful message if it is done in numbers.

As I said just pie in the sky thinking on a different angle.

Not sure he would like his brand to be hijacked for our purposes. Problem is the message has to be just right.

I don't know how representative of general opinion this forum is, but when I read threads like this I do worry about another post-Keegan meltdown, which won't do anyone any good.

This will no doubt fall on deaf ears, but can I point out two things -

Having an aim of finishing in the top ten means that 10th place is the minimum standard. It doesn't mean that you don't care whether you finish higher.

Prioritising the League against the Cups is what every Premiership club and most Championship clubs do. The only difference is that the club acknowledged it when asked a direct question in a fans forum.

We already know what Ashley's strategy is, because it was made clear at the start. He won't pay over the odds for established players - he'll go for young players who can be developed or players at the end of their contracts. The club itself will not run at a loss.

It's a long-term strategy. I'm not sure how well it will work, but unless you're prepared to pay huge amounts of money, there's no quick way of getting beyond the point we're at at this moment. The boom and bust Freddie Shepherd way is not the better alternative.

Hey,

I dont post too often on here, was a season ticket holder from 86 til a couple of years back.

Now living in Netherlands I still watch as much as I can and get to a few games when home.

Just on the Ashley situation, unsure if this has been suggested, but is it not an idea to try and take over his brand, much like he has with ours. ie the club.

Could we not hand out flyers pre-match that contain information on holding up for 5 mins during a game.

These flyers would contain a message that somehow has an effect on the sportsdirect brand in a negative yet legal light?

Now Im unsure what these could be but Im sure cameras would pick up on a stadium full of people holding a message that in some smart ways, sends a message and ideally draws negativity to this sports brand.

In theory we hijack his love as he has with ours.

Probably a stupid late night idea, but an alternative to trying to get people to not turn up at Gallowgate.

:yikes:

This is the best idea I have heard so far, something along the lines of NUFC is NOT connected to Sports Direct.

And if Ashley pulls the plug on finances, how will that be any different to now ?

I don't know how representative of general opinion this forum is, but when I read threads like this I do worry about another post-Keegan meltdown, which won't do anyone any good.

Having an aim of finishing in the top ten means that 10th place is the minimum standard. It doesn't mean that you don't care whether you finish higher.

Prioritising the League against the Cups is what every Premiership club and most Championship clubs do. The only difference is that the club acknowledged it when asked a direct question in a fans forum.

We already know what Ashley's strategy is, because it was made clear at the start. He won't pay over the odds for established players - he'll go for young players who can be developed or players at the end of their contracts. The club itself will not run at a loss.

It's a long-term strategy. I'm not sure how well it will work, but unless you're prepared to pay huge amounts of money, there's no quick way of getting beyond the point we're at at this moment. The boom and bust Freddie Shepherd way is not the better alternative.

:embarrassed:

Guest neesy111

This post was sponsored by Mike Ashley.