Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

One other factor to consider here is if we were a middle of the road Premier League team with no back page headlines (good or bad) it takes him and his tat brand out of the spotlight a little.

If we're in the news albeit through controversy we're still making headlines, therefore his tat emporium stays in the news.

Same as if he really was considering selling us. It wouldn't surprise me to see a condition of anyh sale that the SD advertising has to stay for a specified period, and he might even sign a 10 year shirt sponsorship deal before he sells us. Guess who wins again.......

I don't see why he would sell if he can keep us in the Premier League and make a profit.

Same.

I'm pretty certain he wont sell then, I think he'll float us on the stock market again. Run us like SD where he has enough control to decide who the sponsor etc is but have someone else run us day to day but using only money the club makes and not a penny more from him. He'll have paid himself back what it cost him to buy us, he wont have to take any responsibility about how the club is run, hiring managers etc, he'll be able to continue to push his SD brand and he can pick up a dividend/bonus from the club every now and again and make more money selling the rest of his shares at a later date.

Getting to that point will probably take the time frame suggested.

I don't see why he would sell if he can keep us in the Premier League and make a profit.

Same.

I'm pretty certain he wont sell then, I think he'll float us on the stock market again. Run us like SD where he has enough control to decide who the sponsor etc is but have someone else run us day to day but using only money the club makes and not a penny more from him. He'll have paid himself back what it cost him to buy us, he wont have to take any responsibility about how the club is run, hiring managers etc, he'll be able to continue to push his SD brand and he can pick up a dividend/bonus from the club every now and again and make more money selling the rest of his shares at a later date.

I would take that setup TBH, provided the chairman was someone with half a brain about football. I.e not Joe Kinnear.

Same.

I would take that setup TBH, provided the chairman was someone with half a brain about football. I.e not Joe Kinnear.

Guess that would be up to the new board/ shareholders

Little is known of Ashley's private life today. He is known to prefer casual dress of shirt and chinos or a track suit rather than a suit, and often carries his essential business tool of a mobile phone in a plastic carrier bag rather than a briefcase

That phone bit can not be true

He not heard of pockets? :lol:

On the New York Red Bulls (MLS):

While Marc de Grandpre, the club’s head of commercial operations, says the team is not for sale, one source says that if a buyer approached Red Bull and offered $300 million for the Red Bulls and their stadium, the deal would get done within 48 hours.

They probably won't get that much, but it just shows how much of a bargain we are (and a lot of PL clubs really). Someone could have us for the equivalent of probably $450-500 million. That difference would be made up in 2-3 years of TV money. Why the fuck won't someone buy us?

Answer: He doesn't want to sell us and if he does he's a complete pain in the ass to deal with.

Guest Roger Kint

Making sure Ryder doesnt hold the monopoly on poor writing:

The billionaire did already own approximately 4.5 per cent stake in Rangers, currently playing in Scottish football’s second tier, and owns the naming rights for Ibrox Stadium, brought for a pound. Sports Direct also full control of the club’s retail stores.

Gets paid for this :lol: