Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

can see a few of our youngsters on loan to rangers then, the quicker rangers get back in the spl the more money mike will get his hands on.

Just can't see it myself. MA couldn't give a monkeys about Rangers in a footballing sense, it's all about SD imo.

We'll have no tie in to Rangers at all.

Guest reefatoon

can see a few of our youngsters on loan to rangers then, the quicker rangers get back in the spl the more money mike will get his hands on.

We could get a game in the Scottish third division, never mind sending our kids.  It would be a total waste of time.

anyone want to play detectives?  What you've got to do is read the following and work out what club Brian McNally might support.

Brian McNally ‏@McNallyMirror

Mike Ashley made a billion buying & selling downmarket sports tat so SFL 3rd Division Newco #Rangers a perfect fit for him. #nufc

think I'm going to unfollow him.  He talks so much bollocks at times its unbelievable.  Nearly as bad as Ryder.

McNally drinks in my local. Awful human being. Brays at the top of his voice like an absolute tool to a gaggle of drooling inbreds about what "Alan" told him that day.

Guest sicko2ndbest

@SkySportsNews: #Rangers chief executive Charles Green hopes to have three billionaire investors including Mike Ashley in place at club within weeks. #SSN

I thought Old Firm sponsors had worked out that if you sponsor one, you sponsor the other because otherwise half the football fans in Scotland won't touch you with a fucking bargepole?

Shame they weren't sponsored by Oxygen.

I thought Old Firm sponsors had worked out that if you sponsor one, you sponsor the other because otherwise half the football fans in Scotland won't touch you with a fucking bargepole?

Not a total agreement as such, more a common sense approach.

Not that Ashley would give a horse's large penis about that.

Tennents is pish anyway!

Shame they weren't sponsored by Oxygen.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/000/681/what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

Wonder what players they'll get....

Rangers: Newcastle's Mike Ashley ready to buy Ibrox share

By Chris McLaughlin Senior Football Reporter, BBC Scotland

Rangers will be able to borrow as many as nine Newcastle players in a deal that will see Magpies owner Mike Ashley buying a share in the Ibrox club.

The Scottish FA are ready to ratify the move on the condition that Ashley owns no more than 10% and has no personal involvement in the running of Rangers.

Ashley's Sports Direct firm will then take over Rangers' replica kit merchandising operation.

Negotiations are under way with JJB Sports to end their retailing contract.

JJB Sports and Rangers entered a 10-year merchandising contract in 2006, when the Glasgow club received an initial payment of £18m with a guaranteed minimum annual royalty of £3m.

Any Newcastle players switching to Rangers on loan would need to do so before the end of this month, when a year-long signing embargo comes into place for the Division Three club.

Rangers are also likely to play Newcastle in a friendly under the terms of the agreement.

Ashley assumed control of Newcastle in 2007, spending £134m in the process.

Ibrox chief executive Charles Green hopes to announce other new investors in the club shortly.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19225698

Hope this doesn't taint us too much. If we send over lots of talented youngsters we'll be despised in the SPL. Not that it's particularly important in a business sense but Ive enjoyed the fact we've been a likable club again these past two years

I really don't understand why NUFC would lend any players to Rangers. When commenting on Forster's loan to Celtic, Alan Pardew said he didn't rate the SPL as a high enough standard. Why would we send any of our development players to Scotland's 3rd division?

Is it Mike Ashley or Sports Direct who are buying the 10% of shares in Rangers? Mike Ashley owns about 70% of Sports Direct. He owns 100% of NUFC. Is the idea behind this story that Ashley will send NUFC development players to Rangers to help them get promoted so 10% investment will be worth more? Is this idea based on any fact or are the BBC just thinking because Ashley owns NUFC he's bound to send our players to help Rangers?

Exactly. Nobody of note is going to effectively play Sunday League football.

And thats the key point. The players loaned out will be academy players, players willing to prove themselves in a fully competitive league, someone who is years away from our first team but will slot right into Rangers teams.