Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Have any of Mike Ashley's appointments earned the right to their roles?

Llambias - Used to dish cards out for a living.

Charnley - Used to write minutes for a living.

Pardew - League one manager.

Carver - Was previously Vice President of Bibs n Cone Operations.

McClaren - Sacked Championship manager and damaged goods having been a national laughing stock.

There's a distinct theme with every single one of his appointments and it's not only that they're all cunts. They're all useless cunts promoted/appointed way beyond their abilities in the expectation that they will be grateful and subservient to him.

You can add the majority of the players to the list. There's almost nobody at the club who was employed with merit as the primary consideration.

Got into an argument about Mike Ashley the other day. A customer came in with an ENORMOUS golf umbrella and I just laughed at it/him. He said he had to buy as they were about three quid from Sports Direct. "I get all my stuff there," he said. Of course, I went off on a (mostly jokey) rant about SD and Ashley when another customer who'd been quietly browsing shouted, "NO! MIKE ASHLEY IS. A. GENIUS!" He was absolutely sincere, listing all his achievements and his brilliant business strategies: "all is he has to do is keep his football club mid-table and reap the benefits." "Er, yeah, that's the problem," I said. He only spent a quid. Bear in mind this in Cambridge but I was still surprised he to learn he has actual living, breathing fanboys.

I honestly thought, wow there may be a remote possibility that he's learned form all the lessons we've had, with his interview pre West Ham. But then he goes and appoints McClaren. Clearly there is a distinct lack of  any football acumen there at all. For such a clever businessman, ffs he's a self made Billionaire, very few people on this planet can say that, he doesn't seem to see the potential of making a hell of a lot more from his football venture, by appointing the right people and investing some more money.

He's supposed to be a gambler, but the only risks he takes with us is negative ones, by appointing unworthy individuals he risks his guaranteed TV money pot.

It has to be stubbornness now, there is no logical reason why he continues to make the same mistakes. 

Not so long ago we had Kinnear, Llambias and Irvine, as well as Charnley and Carr pulling the strings behind the scenes.

The former have all left, how can it be possible that we lose three senior figures (bellends) at the club and they are not replaced.

Ashleys structure at this club makes no sense whatsoever. What the fuck do these people do? Ignoring the fact that they are all incompetent tosspots, it still makes no sense.

Guest strongbow69

Not so long ago we had Kinnear, Llambias and Irvine, as well as Charnley and Carr pulling the strings behind the scenes.

The former have all left, how can it be possible that we lose three senior figures (bellends) at the club and they are not replaced.

Ashleys structure at this club makes no sense whatsoever. What the fuck do these people do? Ignoring the fact that they are all incompetent tosspots, it still makes no sense.

This is insanely tragic when you consider it. Its like a retarded soap opera.

This is insanely tragic when you consider it. Its like a retarded soap opera.

Made a similar point on Twitter a few days ago.

#nufc haven't hired anyone in 10 months

Departures:

Pardew

Irving

Gilroy

Ben Arfa

Mbiwa

Santon

Ferreyra

Alnwick

Campbell

Gutierrez

RTaylor

It's a dereliction of duty. But Ashley's taking the same approach at SD...

http://www.standard.co.uk/business/business-news/sports-direct-appoints-new-finance-boss-to-allay-fears-over-ashleys-power-10296238.html

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mike-ashley-quit-newcastle-board-5834601?

Mike Ashley is set to leave the Newcastle board after Steve McClaren is appointed as the new manager.

Toon are undergoing a major summer overhaul and part of the forward planning is for a boardroom reshuffle.

Two new directors will be put in place when Ashley steps aside – but the Newcastle owner will NOT relinquish any power.

:idiot2: