Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

So does anybody still think that relegation will see him sell up? I don't. I know there were a fair few wanting us to go down in the hope that he would somehow lose heart and flog the club, but he'll just be looking to bounce straight back up and get his brand plastered all over the screen again.

So does anybody still think that relegation will see him sell up? I don't. I know there were a fair few wanting us to go down in the hope that he would somehow lose heart and flog the club, but he'll just be looking to bounce straight back up and get his brand plastered all over the screen again.

Our only hope of moving him on is if we fail to bounce and start gurgling around the Championship drain, but I think that would lead to an even unhappier marriage as no one will want to buy.

Don't think he cares what league were in tbh,where else will he have the chance to advertise his brand for fuck all cost.

Also isn't he still involved with Oldham? renamed the ground to sports direct something iirc.

Our only hope of moving him on is if we fail to bounce and start gurgling around the Championship drain, but I think that would lead to an even unhappier marriage as no one will want to buy.

It's the only option we as fans have.

9 years as owner; 8 in the PL hasn't forced him to sell. Maybe 5 out of the PL may make his cut his losses

It's unfortunate that even if we go down again, there will still be 40,000+ every home game. Again.

When will enough be enough?

This is the problem, people,have to turn their backs or he is here forever.

It's unfortunate that even if we go down again, there will still be 40,000+ every home game. Again.

When will enough be enough?

There wasn't 40k+ for every home game last time we were in the Championship. Under 37k for our first home game that season and even the match v West Brom only pulled in 39k. Since then more people have cancelled their direct debits so I think there'll be plenty sub 40k gates next season, especially when you consider we won't tear the league up like we did last time.

The bloke is an absolute muppet.

He has one business plan to fit all, it must be quite clear to him now that his methods are flawed outside of the retail business.

Just like sauron and the one ring. Except instead a big menacing red eye or a 12 foot demonic suit of armour we have some podgy c*** in a s*** tie.

Did he run discount sportswear store in Mordor, with branches stretching out to the rest of middle earth?

Yep. Full of Elf and safety hazards and zero hours w-Ork-ers.

Highly successful enterprise. Orcs, after humans, were the second dipshit populace to be hoodwinked by all those mock closing down sales & dodgy 'mark down' prices.

I do. His tat empire is struggling really badly and the consensus in the City is that he wants to take s*** Direct private again. To do that, he's going to need the cash and selling the club is the only way he can raise the required revenue. The loss of the TV cash will be a huge blow as that won't be available for him to continue to siphon off, the advertising space & revenue he's stealing from the club will plummet in terms of international exposure, merchandising sales are down and will continue to drop, so that's more money he's stealing from the club which will dip sharply in value. He'll struggle to find a shirt sponsor of any repute and if he makes the mistake of putting 's*** Direct' on the shirt then... wow.

So unless we look like coming straight back up (which was nailed on last time, but won't be this time IMHO) I think the worse we do, the more likelyy he is to sell. For the first time since the c unt turned up, I'm cautiously optimistic we might get our club back.

Once again, when we go down we will be managerless and in complete disarray with the bulk of our squad scrambling for a move away. If he thinks it will be as easy as last time he will be in for a huge shock. Last time we didn't spend a penny (apart from £2m on Leon Best in January) in the summer, and flung the job the way of one of the coaches who thankfully turned out to be quality.

Now everyone is extremely aware of how the club is run and what is going on, it is a complete atmosphere of depression and resignation- it will only get worse once Benitez leaves as well. 

It will be at least another year before Ashley thinks of selling in my view - he will hang on in the forlorn hope that the club comes straight back up(not a cat in hell's chance with this load of losers)and then the harsh reality of the money he is losing will begin to hit home...esp as crowds will be less than 35,000 if we struggle in the Championship. His morons in the board room never took the precaution of inserting relegation clauses in players' contracts, so they will have to be paid their going rate.

Nobody in their right minds is going to buy most of these donkeys so he will be stuck with it - he is pig-headed enough to keep Charnley and Carr on too..

This topic will still be under discussion this time next year.

We'll see crowdsin the 20k's next season in the Championship. Midweek, midtable clashes.

Agree. You wouldn't be able to pay people to watch Burton Albion at home on a Wednesday night in January. Season ticket sales won't be anywhere near the levels they were last time we went down either.

Guest neesy111

I do. His tat empire is struggling really badly and the consensus in the City is that he wants to take s*** Direct private again. To do that, he's going to need the cash and selling the club is the only way he can raise the required revenue. The loss of the TV cash will be a huge blow as that won't be available for him to continue to siphon off, the advertising space & revenue he's stealing from the club will plummet in terms of international exposure, merchandising sales are down and will continue to drop, so that's more money he's stealing from the club which will dip sharply in value. He'll struggle to find a shirt sponsor of any repute and if he makes the mistake of putting 's*** Direct' on the shirt then... wow.

So unless we look like coming straight back up (which was nailed on last time, but won't be this time IMHO) I think the worse we do, the more likelyy he is to sell. For the first time since the c unt turned up, I'm cautiously optimistic we might get our club back.

His business really isn't struggling, still makes a good profit.

I don't think getting relegated will make him more likely to sell at all.

To be honest, it will make it harder. He has his price and that won't change - who is going to pay such a phenomenal amount for a has-been failing Championship club?

We have to be succeeding for him to sell. Which makes his decisions even more bizarre.

We all thought exactly the same last time round when we got relegated, but I can remember being shocked at just how shit the standard was in the championship. We even got outplayed a few times but still ended up winning because the teams down there just couldn't finish. We have a high value squad, even if we have to flog off a few prima donnas, we'll be in a much better position than most other clubs to buy the replacements to get us straight back up.

Ashley won't sell, he'll just tighten the belt in areas which in the short term won't impact on our chances of bouncing straight back up. That means backroom staff, tea ladies and the like. I'm not even sure he'll hire a cheap manager necessarily since that policy has got us relegated at the end of the day.