Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

I watched the whole thing from the start. The union blokes were very well informed and spoke really clearly and structured, the agency people were absolute wankers and will be licking their wounds tonight and Ashley came across as a bloke that was out of his depth and his company had grown around him to the extent that he has lost control which is a bit strange considering how much of his time he is suppose to spend there.

Is it on that same link to watch back? I missed the start.

Guest Howaythetoon

He is nothing but an arrogant, bull shitting cunt of the highest order. I cringed at the way he was conducting himself with his patter and his mannerisms. The man hired Kieth Bishop to help him with his image man, he's a fat melt :lol:

The woman giving birth in the factory toilet reminded me of the goings on at the Nike sweatshops when I read about them in No Logo. Great read for those who haven't come across it before.

Had to turn it off, just made me uncomfortable.  :lol:

He was not prepared for that, least convincing thing i ever heard.

Like watching a train crash unfolding in slow motion.

Surely the train does the opposite of unfolding in a crash...

sorry this bothered me more than it should.  :lol:

That fellas...........and erm girls comment on sexual harassment is incredible especially after he voluntarily admitted after saying 'how do you know it isn't happening in sainsbury's?' That they probably have better systems in place for dealing with it and they should 'pull their socks up'

Quite taken aback at how frank he was. Clearly he knows a lot more than he is letting on....

???

Well I expected him to be sullen and give short evasive answers. I know he's pretending to be surprised at some of the practices but he did talk a lot more than I expected.

Watched about 10 minutes of him squirming. Was enough for me.

Just feels like he knew of the problems but was making too much money to care. Since the media pressure and share price fall he's had to change his ways and accept less profit.

Watched about 10 minutes of him squirming. Was enough for me.

Just feels like he knew of the problems but was making too much money to care. Since the media pressure and share price fall he's had to change his ways and accept less profit.

100% he's a morally bankrupt person.

He has a reputation for rarely giving interviews and has obviously been "advised" to steer clear of talking in public. His PR people fear he will shoot himself in the foot. Based on his tv NUFC interview at the end of last season and his performance today you can see why tbh ...

City AM have rounded up the best quotes from Mike Ashley’s appearance:

On being the boss: “I can’t be responsible for everything that goes on at Sports Direct. I can’t be.”

On giving it his all: “I can only do my best but my best might not be good enough.”

On corporate bonding: “I dunno what you call it. Fun day? Corporate day? We call its Sports Direct day.” “The value of Sports Direct is its people.”

On BHS: “I can’t resist it: 100 per cent I wanted to buy BHS.”

On ignoring PR people: “I won’t listen to them because I can’t be house trained”

On why he gets up in the morning: “I didn’t build Sports Direct, Sports Direct built me.”

On whether or not he is Santa: “I’m not Father Christmas, I’m not saying I’ll make the world wonderful.” “I don’t think I’m Santa Claus.”

On answering questions from MPs: “I’m one human being! So stop it Paul! Let’s keep things positive!” “It’s been positive so far, stop making it negative.”

On women in the workplace: “What do you call it...sexual...within the office? Harassment!”

On ending sexual harassment: “Simple as that fellas. Not just fellas. Girls. Sorry.”

On sexual harassment at Sainsbury’s: “Are you sure it’s not happening Sainsbury’s? I think it probably is.”

On managers creeping on women: “They’re repugnant, they’re disgusting”