Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Though I obviously can't stand the man, it's in everyone's interests for him to be happy about the state of the club and how it's being run. Until he leaves, all we can ever do is hope he doesn't come up with any bright ideas.

Aye, as much as I hate him we could and would likely end up with worse owners. If he backs Rafa and stops making idiotic decisions then he's on to a winner. Have us competing for honours and he could sell the club for £500m or more, or sit back and watch the money flow in.

I'm glad he's happy today. If Rafa is still in charge come August then he's done his job which is to ensure Rafa has a platform to continue the rebuild of the club. He has a huge opportunity here to shift away from the villain. He has a financially stable club, now he needs to build it into a successful one. Just make sensible choices and back the man who's forgotten more about this sport than he himself will ever know.

I hope this daft twat realises that he needs to keep Rafa and the fans onside and digs deep.

The fact he awarded the largest budget of his time here to Steve McClaren to relegate us.

Hes got to trust Benitez.

I'm glad he's happy today. If Rafa is still in charge come August then he's done his job which is to ensure Rafa has a platform to continue the rebuild of the club. He has a huge opportunity here to shift away from the villain. He has a financially stable club, now he needs to build it into a successful one. Just make sensible choices and back the man who's forgotten more about this sport than he himself will ever know.

September.

We need to all sing from the same hymn sheet. If Ashley is happy, he's more likely to financially support the club. Personally pleased he was here, saw us win, and I hope to see some positive news re the future of the club under Rafa.

Though I obviously can't stand the man, it's in everyone's interests for him to be happy about the state of the club and how it's being run. Until he leaves, all we can ever do is hope he doesn't come up with any bright ideas.

Said this for years now. He needs to be kept happy, informed, involved, but not allowed to make any decisions based on his reactionary thoughts and Vermin gnawing his ears off.

all he has to do is meet rafa, this week or whenever, and tell him what the transfer budget (and otherwise) is he can afford to offer within the means of the club supporting itself and that should be job done, we'll have rafa for years and not have to think much about ashley ever again

don't be an arsehole for once in your life ashley, ffs

After seeing Blackburn go down yesterday with their chicken owners, Villa still struggling even with an owner who was willing to splash the cash in January, those pathetic owners down in their neighbouring Birmingham, and of course our very own dear neighbour with their financial troubles, I'm just glad we achieved our objective of returning to the top flight at the first attempt even with Ashley as owner. Sure enough he was cunt in January for trying to risk our promotion but with what we did spend in the summer and us winning the title, I'm willing to give him a chance and see whta his next step is to take us forward.

After seeing Blackburn go down yesterday with their chicken owners, Villa still struggling even with an owner who was willing to splash the cash in January, those pathetic owners down in their neighbouring Birmingham, and of course our very own dear neighbour with their financial troubles, I'm just glad we achieved our objective of returning to the top flight at the first attempt even with Ashley as owner. Sure enough he was c*** in January for trying to risk our promotion but with what we did spend in the summer and us winning the title, I'm willing to give him a chance and see whta his next step is to take us forward.

That league is getting more and more difficult, I'm seriously worried about Sunderland...Given their financial mess they may end up like Blackburn.

After seeing Blackburn go down yesterday with their chicken owners, Villa still struggling even with an owner who was willing to splash the cash in January, those pathetic owners down in their neighbouring Birmingham, and of course our very own dear neighbour with their financial troubles, I'm just glad we achieved our objective of returning to the top flight at the first attempt even with Ashley as owner. Sure enough he was c*** in January for trying to risk our promotion but with what we did spend in the summer and us winning the title, I'm willing to give him a chance and see whta his next step is to take us forward.

It really could be worse tbh, some good examples there but don't forget the likes of the Oystons. Not that I advocate Ashley in any way, but he did bring in Rafa. Seems quite bipolar in his approach to be honest... Keegan in, Shearer in, Kinnear in, Hughton out, Pardew in, Rafa in. It's either he's with us or spiting us, there's no middle ground. Just enjoying the fact he doesn't seem to be actively spiting us right now.

That league is getting more and more difficult, I'm seriously worried about Sunderland...Given their financial mess they may end up like Blackburn.

You're worried about the mackems? Give over. :lol:

You're worried about the mackems? Give over. :lol:

a little.

Charnley's got the egg-iest shaped head i've ever seen. It's like a comedy head

It's more of an egg shape than Humpty Dumpty. Just wish it was Charnley who was falling off that wall and smashing himself up.

• 4 weeks later...

soooooooooo.........don't think i can start a new thread as he has his own  :lol:

what do YOU think of MA now?    has anyone mellowed towards him?

i look around and see the state of some clubs, we are not in a bad position now, are you prepared to cut him some slack now ?

me.........ermm a little, he lost a lot of fans for years, wasted big chances and made stupid football decisions its hard to trust him maybe that's the problem, dunno really just wondered how the rest of you feel about him RIGHT NOW.  :undecided: