Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Hope he dies in a way that nobody else around him does too.  Maybe an isolated warehouse fire where one box rammed full of nylon 85% off rrp £99.99 karrimor running shorts spontaneously combust just as the fat cut saunters past whilst saturated with alcohol.

Hey lads. Better the devil you know eh?

I for one am glad he's still here. We might get relegated but we'll never do a full on Leeds or Portsmouth as long as he's here :thup:

Howay. Let's back the team and not the regime and I'm sure it'll work out for the best eventually :indi:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's spot on. This quote from Carragher should be made into a 100ft banner at the next live Sky game:

(INSIDE THE RAFALUTION – MARK DOUGLAS):

“it won’t help the team on the pitch but the supporters have tried all sorts and whatever they’re thinking of doing, that’s the only thing left for them.

Newcastle, we always talk about how long they’ve gone without a trophy, so its not as if everybody expects we should win this, we should win that.

The fans know their club better than us. The thing as a supporter is, even if you’re not going to win, you want to have the hope something could happen.

If you’re paying for your season ticket you’re hoping someone upstairs has that same hope and belief that something could happen. Nobody expects to win a trophy – especially Newcastle  – every season but they want to have the hope that something could happen.

That’s just been killed at that club because of Mike Ashley

Even more disappointing than the result tonight is the realisation that i'm almost not bothered anymore. That's what his 'running' or should that be ruining of the club has done to me. Worked a 2-10 shift tonight and in times gone by i'd have done all i could to get away in time for the match. Not now. My enthusiasm is draining rapidly. He's making so many people, some of them fans for decades, apathetic and i hate it.

He's finally close to getting what he's always wanted with his SD advertisement's glistening in the sun whilst 25k crowds maximum, full of happy clappers, cheer on a Stuart Pearce managed team to mid table finishes in the Championship once Rafa leaves in the next few months and we go down once and for all this time around.

Michael Martin is a right c*** but that article is true in every word.

As was said in that piece, things have been bad in the past but the difference now is that the person running the club isn't even trying to make the club successful.

I wasn't around for the McKeag years and I've been unable to read too much about it apart from a snippet from the book Touching Distance. Only thing I know are best players sold for the building of a new stand, stadium in awful condition, s*** team, crowds of mostly <17,000, how different were those years to now? My dad went to games in that period and he still goes now, but he never really talks of it.

Although young myself back then, they sure were awful times. The ground was old and crumbling. As a kid i remember the old leazes end being demolished and they intended to build a new stand and join it with the East stand. We got relegated. They got as far as building a small terrace with a wall behind it then the work had to stop as we were skint. IIRC what is now the Milburn stand had to be replaced after the Bradford fire. It had wooden floors and seats and really was a danger.

Now we have the stadium, crowds, everything in place, just no ambition.

As was said in that piece, things have been bad in the past but the difference now is that the person running the club isn't even trying to make the club successful.

I wasn't around for the McKeag years and I've been unable to read too much about it apart from a snippet from the book Touching Distance. Only thing I know are best players sold for the building of a new stand, stadium in awful condition, s*** team, crowds of mostly <17,000, how different were those years to now? My dad went to games in that period and he still goes now, but he never really talks of it.

Although young myself back then, they sure were awful times. The ground was old and crumbling. As a kid i remember the old leazes end being demolished and they intended to build a new stand and join it with the East stand. We got relegated. They got as far as building a small terrace with a wall behind it then the work had to stop as we were skint. IIRC what is now the Milburn stand had to be replaced after the Bradford fire. It had wooden floors and seats and really was a danger.

So McKeag actually was just skint? Was he as much of a vile b****** as Ashley?

My era mate and i was a kid back then and football so so much more simple back then (old git mode ) .we were shit but tbh the fans were behind the team then now i think with the passion and to answer your question about Mckeag well i think he cared but greed took over but looking back i really enjoyed home and away with my mates .

My era mate and i was a kid back then and football so so much more simple back then (old git mode ) .we were s*** but tbh the fans were behind the team then now i think with the passion and to answer your question about Mckeag well i think he cared but greed took over but looking back i really enjoyed home and away with my mates .

:thup: Goes to show the way football's changed in the modern day. Absolute minging circumstances the club was in, crumbling stadium, shite team, relegations, yet fans like yourselves were still enjoying following the team. I've still got that enjoyment of following Newcastle to be sapped from me being a younger supporter (although they are doing their best to rid me of it right now, cheers Mike) but can completely understand other people's complete loss of enthusiam for the club and/or football in general.

My era mate and i was a kid back then and football so so much more simple back then (old git mode ) .we were s*** but tbh the fans were behind the team then now i think with the passion and to answer your question about Mckeag well i think he cared but greed took over but looking back i really enjoyed home and away with my mates .

:thup: Goes to show the way football's changed in the modern day. Absolute minging circumstances the club was in, crumbling stadium, shite team, relegations, yet fans like yourselves were still enjoying following the team. I've still got that enjoyment of following Newcastle to be sapped from me being a younger supporter (although they are doing their best to rid me of it right now, cheers Mike) but can completely understand other people's complete loss of enthusiam for the club and/or football in general.

must be an age thing and for me i think my friends who support the toon it is slowly being kicked out of us and all we need is a bit of hope and when we get it (Rafa) it is pulled away from us again and the romance of the cups is dead till fat cunt goes

:thup: Goes to show the way football's changed in the modern day. Absolute minging circumstances the club was in, crumbling stadium, s**** team, relegations, yet fans like yourselves were still enjoying following the team. I've still got that enjoyment of following Newcastle to be sapped from me being a younger supporter (although they are doing their best to rid me of it right now, cheers Mike) but can completely understand other people's complete loss of enthusiam for the club and/or football in general.

in those days we never thought we could be any better/bigger. took the likes of SJH and KK to show us a glimpse of the promised land.

the truth came out. we COULD succeed.

must be an age thing and for me i think my friends who support the toon it is slowly being kicked out of us and all we need is a bit of hope and when we get it (Rafa) it is pulled away from us again and the romance of the cups is dead till fat cunt goes

I don't know, from memory we were more vocally hostile to McKeag at games  than today. Fairly sure we were the originators of the Sack the Board chant  that became commonplace for poorly ran clubs thereafter.

I don't know, from memory we were more vocally hostile to McKeag at games  than today. Fairly sure we were the originators of the Sack the Board chant  that became commonplace for poorly ran clubs thereafter.

maybe true but sadly apathy has set in and some fans are happy just watching football v having a succesfull club

It seems to me that since the media started the whole "Rafa's negativity is affecting the team" narrative after the Huddersfield game that suddenly a lot of fans are becoming more vocal about Rafa needing to look at himself first and criticising his tactics and buys.

If anyone's bored, give this a read: http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,49198.0.html

It's got everything. Best part is the sarcasm from Wullie implying that Ashley would never do anything to undermine Keegan. :lol:

As long as its KKs appointment i dont really mind. I highly doubt Mort would hire someone behind KKs back.

Imagine KK, Shearer, Wise and Pearson. Those are some canny big personalities.

:lol:

In an exclusive interview with Newcastle World TV, Dennis said: "A lot of people have got a little mixed up with the reason I'm here and we need to straighten that out quite quickly.

"I'm not here to be involved in the first team. I'm not here to manage.

"I'm here to help Kevin as much as possible with bringing young players through and also recommending certain players to him.

"He'll say yes or no. He has the final word, no one else. I'm not going to do things like bring players in behind his back, I'm not into that.

"Everything that happens will be run past him and he'll say yes or no."

:lol: