Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

If we do get taken over by Staverley or someone else who wants to make us a force, I wonder if Rafa would turn his attention to someone like Butland. He’s at Stoke but surely he would jump at the chance to come to us with Rafa being backed and building a squad to compete. I’m not sure if hhis distribution skills would be good enough for Rafa, but surely the players like him who are at clubs like Stoke and are being overlooked by the bigger clubs because they want bigger names are the sort of players Rafa will be after and with him having financial backing we may finally be in a position to snap them up.

If we do get taken over by Staverley or someone else who wants to make us a force, I wonder if Rafa would turn his attention to someone like Butland. He’s at Stoke but surely he would jump at the chance to come to us with Rafa being backed and building a squad to compete. I’m not sure if hhis distribution skills would be good enough for Rafa, but surely the players like him who are at clubs like Stoke and are being overlooked by the bigger clubs because they want bigger names are the sort of players Rafa will be after and with him having financial backing we may finally be in a position to snap them up.

As soon as i started reading your post i was going to mention his distribution being abysmal.  I don't think he's the type of keeper Rafa would be after at all.  I agree on your point about going after that type of player though, that would be class!

Guest neesy111

Just HMRC showing that they are going to make things more difficult for us now because we made things difficult for us.

*them.

thought the 500m figure was across all the clubs being investigated? Would be much more believable.

Has to be, I mean £500m worth of business in the last 10 years for us might be believable (ins and outs).  But we've done nowhere near that in just the 3 year period mentioned there.

This talk of a takeover only really got mentioned once Rafa exposed the fact that Ashley hasn't changed his spots by lying again.  It's amazing how it never fails to not work.

Can just imagine Ashley and his clan laughing about it.

One thing that doesn't make sense in all this is why the club would want to defraud the tax man by paying high amounts to agents to pass on when they could have paid less on just using one to do a deal?

The only way I can see some logic in that is if it was in someway passed back to people involved in the club.  Just doesn't seem worth it though. Big risks for minimal gain.

One thing that doesn't make sense in all this is why would the club would want to defraud the tax man by paying high amounts to agents to pass on when they could have paid less on just using one to do a deal?

The only way I can see some logic in that is if it was in someway passed back to people involved in the club.  Just doesn't seem worth it though. Big risks for minimal gain.

That bit doesn't really surprise me when talking about the club tbh.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-united-facing-major-tax-11305023

:scared:

If there was 'any' hope of a buy out I recon it's gone with the Clubs Tax issues.  Doesn't sound good.

If its to the extent they claim, takeover is the least of the issues, we'll be kicked out of the football league.

Nevermind the football league, it's feasibly possible the club could leave the atmosphere.

:lol: :lol:

I seem to remember a few years back when we had the success of picking up Cabaye and the others from France, I can recall something Llambias said along the lines of setting up a network of agents in France to cut the deals for us.  :lol:

Re: the piece about Rangers.

Wow, what an agent saboteur he was. Not surprising because he has form. For example he was a menace, to Dave Whelan and his/DW's effort to keep JJB afloat & competing with SD, as a sitting member on JJB's board (before eventually absorbing JJB brand, as part of the SD umbrella)

Shows how dangerous & manipulative Ashley can be, even as a minor shareholder of the club, in the event of a partial buy-out. Has to be a 100% takeover at the very least, that's before a potential buyer has to pay a premium price (to shed the attachment to SD, and the price Ashley values this association at).

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-united-facing-major-tax-11305023

If there was 'any' hope of a buy out I recon it's gone with the Clubs Tax issues.  Doesn't sound good.

If its to the extent they claim, takeover is the least of the issues, we'll be kicked out of the football league.

Could this whole thing be the reason Ashley all of a sudden wants a "quick sale"

Could this whole thing be the reason Ashley all of a sudden wants a "quick sale"

Possibly but the charges would still follow him and his team, whether they're here or not. The club might get a points deduction or something worse because of their actions but i'm pretty sure they'll face consequence personally.  As others have pointed out though, the likelihood of someone wanting to take us over while this is hanging over us are not good. Just another thing to add to the long list of ways in which Ashley and his team of cunts have fucked us.