Newcastle 3 - 1 Blackburn Rovers - 24/09/11 - post-match reaction from page 27

Disco

Before people start saying Ryan Taylor was s**** he did a great tackle in the box on Hoilett to deny him a goal scoring chance. I'm pretty sure he did a few other good tackles too. He gave the ball away for their goal but it wasn't like they scored directly from the ball he gave away. They passed it around a bit first. For an average player playing out of position he's doing a good job.

Krul 6- Only because he had very little to do. Can't see Harper dislodging him.

Simpson 7- First half he was great, really opened up the right side for us, second half he was a little quieter.

Coloccini 9- Captain fantastic right now. So composed and calm he really is a vital asset.

Taylor 7- Seems to have fitted well with Coloccini and is still a real danger in attack.

Ryan -7 Dealt with some difficult crosses but to blame for their goal, he's not the answer by any stretch but he did well.

Obertan 7.5- Best performance yet, full of running and caused them real problems can't fault his effort.

Tiote 7.5- Did what we know him best for, broke their play up and kept us ticking over. Some of his passes in the second half showed some lovely technique.

Cabaye 9- Wonderful to watch simple as that. Wasn't as present in the final third, but even still he's already a central figure at this club.

Jonas 7 - Full of running which is always good but wasn't as involved as I would of liked. Still on the counter he gives us such options.

Best 6.5- Frustrating day watching him, would do the first bit right but his finishing was rash and he should really have come away with a goal or two.

Ba 8- Great stuff from him. Caused Samba a host of problems and seems to have got going over the last week or so.

Subs:

Ben Arfa 6.5 Fairly nice cameo for him, didn't really get to do much but just seeing him is enough.

Marv 6.5 Kept possession looked tidy, can't really fault him, gives Pardew a real selection problem.

General thoughts:

Great performance from the team. As many have probably said the fullbacks is really our issue. With Santon and a more comfortable (better) right back we improve significantly. Midfield was really impressive and it was nice to see us really impose ourselves on a side like Blackburn.

Guest neesy111

Before people start saying Ryan Taylor was s**** he did a great tackle in the box on Hoilett to deny him a goal scoring chance. I'm pretty sure he did a few other good tackles too. He gave the ball away for their goal but it wasn't like they scored directly from the ball he gave away. They passed it around a bit first. For an average player playing out of position he's doing a good job.

If it was the tackle 1st half, both players completely missed it.  2nd Half was a good challenge though.

Very conservative marks Nixon, I'm not sure we'll see too many individuals play much better than that throughout the season.

Yeah I think as good as we were, they were really shit.

Very conservative marks Nixon, I'm not sure we'll see too many individuals play much better than that throughout the season.

Yeah I think as good as we were, they were really shit.

:thup:

I'd be dishing out a 9 or two though, personally.