Newcastle United 2 - 2 Tottenham - 16/10/11 - Post-match reaction from page 40

Dave

Guest Howaythetoon

Regarding Modric, I don't get the love in myself. He's a good player but nowt special. Not in my view anyway. Physically weak, doesn't score many and goes missing too much for my liking. Yes he's neat and tidy but he's a luxury player for me in the same way Van Der Vaat is, another player who is obviously decent, but nothing amazing. As for Bale... the lad's an athlete but again, I just don't get what is so special about him?

Regarding Modric, I don't get the love in myself. He's a good player but nowt special. Not in my view anyway. Physically weak, doesn't score many and goes missing too much for my liking. Yes he's neat and tidy but he's a luxury player for me in the same way Van Der Vaat is, another player who is obviously decent, but nothing amazing. As for Bale... the lad's an athlete but again, I just don't get what is so special about him?

Thought it was quite difficult for our players to win the ball back when the ball was at Modric's feet as he keeps position so well....  thankfully he didn't do too much damage with it today.

also Livermoore for them was excellent I thought, 1st real good look at him and he impressed me

I thought he was dominated massively not only by Tiote but Cabaye too, in fact their whole midfield was dominated by our two guys in the middle, none more so than Parker.

Totally agree with this - over 90 minutes we won the midfield battle.

Parker served up more turd in front of the St James' faithful. He's Joe average that kid.

Guest Geordiesned

By the way can someone tell me what the fuck the ref was on about when Santon came on? He seemed to have invented a rule whereby a sub coming on isn't allowed to take a throw in!! Stupid fucking mong!

Guest kingdawson

Honestly forgot Parker was playing today apart from his booking, especially 2nd half.

eh? Parker was good today. Of all the average performances from our players Parker is one of the last i'd pick out.

Spurs best periods came when Modric started pulling the strings that Tiote had cut off earlier and would eventually cuff again.

He's no luxury player. He was Spurs best midfielder today but he didn't dominate.

There's a lot of talent in that Spurs side, so even if a few have a bad day there's someone ready to step up. VDV & Bale where poor. Yet they had Ade, Defoe & to a lesser extent Modric to inject them with quality.

Parker was decent but no more than Livermore. Cabaye & Tiote controlled them largely.

Thought it was quite difficult for our players to win the ball back when the ball was at Modric's feet as he keeps position so well....  thankfully he didn't do too much damage with it today.

Honestly forgot Parker was playing today apart from his booking, especially 2nd half.

eh? Parker was good today. Of all the average performances from our players Parker is one of the last i'd pick out.

One of the first I'd pick out tbh.

Spurs best periods came when Modric started pulling the strings that Tiote had cut off earlier and would eventually cuff again.

He's no luxury player. He was Spurs best midfielder today but he didn't dominate.

There's a lot of talent in that Spurs side, so even if a few have a bad day there's someone ready to step up. VDV & Bale where poor. Yet they had Ade, Defoe & to a lesser extent Modric to inject them with quality.

Parker was decent but no more than Livermore. Cabaye & Tiote controlled them largely.

Average at best, which for the best player in da whole universe is pretty underwhelming.

Seriously though, game passed him by IMO. Livermore was canny, Modric ended the game quite well, Parker started alright but faded before the first half was even out.

Kyle Walker impressed again, shame we couldn't have him here.

wow most saying Parker was bad...yep theres something much more to it then just people not rating him.

I don't rate Parker, and while he was nothing special today he got stuck in and kept things ticking over. It's what he's in the side to do.

Guest Howaythetoon

I've always liked Parker and consider him a good player and someone who did well here. However, in Cabaye especially, I've seen a much more rounded player on and off the ball. That said, I still like Parker and think he adds balance to Spurs' midfield. He adds some steel and cover to a pretty lightweight midfield and keeps things ticking.

Will give more later, but subs should have come earlier and Simpson/Obertan partnership really let the side down.

Tiote played well, as did Jonas (though he looked knackered by the end). Shola looked really competent and actually good on the ball :kasper:

Overall - happy with the point, but would definitely consider taking Obertan and Simpson out, And finding places for Santon and HBA in the next game.

Average at best, which for the best player in da whole universe is pretty underwhelming.

Seriously though, game passed him by IMO. Livermore was canny, Modric ended the game quite well, Parker started alright but faded before the first half was even out.

I thought Parker had a good game. Was sharp in the tackles and got high up the pitch a lot. Bale was the quiet one for me. I forgot he was playing a few times.

Guest Howaythetoon

I rate Walker but I thought Jonas destroyed him at times. He's clearly a good prospect though and much better than Simpson.

Guest kingdawson

wow unreal tbh.

Kyle Walker impressed? it was obvious your manager just told Jonas to run at him...and did you see him for the Shola goal? me neither. He kept backing off and Jonas was getting past him to easily. TBF to him he's been good for us this season generally and was carrying a niggle but he wass not good today.

Livermore? he was invisible. If you go to our forum you can see what people think of his performance generally. Parker was good today, good passing, couple of nice through balls, good tracking back.

What I like most about this side (including Marveaux & Santon removing Simpson/Obertan) is that the vast majority of our starting XI are all very good at the basics. Touch, technique, passing.

For a British defender Taylor has always been impressive with the ball at his feet. He's not shy to bring it out and generally looks for a pass. Colo is a Rolls Royce of a player and seemingly was raised in a football sense as a Libero. We all know that. Santon looked so much better on the ball than Simpson. Don't really know about defending or anything but touch, control and general composure he was miles better.

Marveaux, Tiote, Cabaye & Jonas are real footballers. Cabaye was a little quiet but he provided several quality balls to Obertan especially in the 1st half. Most of them are real Bobby Robson type players and imo the best footballers we've had in a long time. We are not the most fancy but we can definitely play.