Newcastle United 2 - 2 Tottenham - 16/10/11 - Post-match reaction from page 40

Dave

Night and day when Ben Arfa and Santon came on for Best and Simpson, we were a completely different team. Hopefully much more of the same.

:lol: some people will stop at nothing to acknowledge a good performance by our 'figures of hate' :undecided: another shocking statement.

Anybody who criticises any of our players after that effort, needs to have a long hard think about thier expectations.

Obertan was wank.

;)

Night and day when Ben Arfa and Santon came on for Best and Simpson, we were a completely different team. Hopefully much more of the same.

:lol: some people will stop at nothing to acknowledge a good performance by our 'figures of hate' :undecided: another shocking statement.

Anybody who criticises any of our players after that effort, needs to have a long hard think about thier expectations.

Obertan was wank.

;)

disagree.

I have to be one of the most unprofessional barmen when we play, like. Swearing like mad, screaming at the tv, slamming the bar. Went fucking bonkers when Shola struck. Fuck it, they know who I support, they shouldn't put me on then. :laugh:

I have to be one of the most unprofessional barmen when we play, like. Swearing like mad, screaming at the tv, slamming the bar. Went f***ing bonkers when Shola struck. f*** it, they know who I support, they shouldn't put me on then. :laugh:

:lol:

Nice one wormy.

disagree.

He was.

nah, its just easy for people to whinge at the players that get involved a lot, and things dont come off. I bet the spurs players didnt think he was wank. Fantastic game today, tremendous effort. Give the team credit as a whole stop picking out individauls. You can quote me on this anytime later in the season- this bloke is going to be good for us.

disagree.

He was.

nah, its just easy for people to whinge at the players that get involved a lot, and things dont come off. I bet the spurs players didnt think he was w***. Fantastic game today, tremendous effort. Give the team credit as a whole stop picking out individauls. You can quote me on this anytime later in the season- this bloke is going to be good for us.

I agree but for now I think he'd be more useful coming off the subs bench to run at tired legs than starting games.

I really don't know why Colo passed that ball to Cabaye.  Cabaye was marked by two players.

Ben Arfa dropped us in the shit by trying to walk through 3 Tottenham players and then losing the ball.

Obertan is probably better as a sub rather than a starter. Give Marv a go on the right. If it doesn't work then bring Obertan on.

Fantastic goal by Shola! Great spirit to come back twice. The second half was like a basketball game, both teams running at each other. Great that Ba keeps scoring. I'm not looking forward to January when the African cup of nations is on. Tiote and Ba missing for a month will be a big miss.

Newcastle United Tottenham Hotspur

2 Goals 2

0 1st Half Goals 1

6 Shots on Target 6

5 Shots off Target 3

2 Blocked Shots 4

5 Corners 2

11 Fouls 15

4 Offsides 3

1 Yellow Cards 2

0 Red Cards 0

77.9 Passing Success 74.7

20 Tackles 25

75 Tackles Success 80

54.9 Possession 45.1

57.9 Territorial Advantage 42.1

448 Total Passes 372

28 Total Crosses 10

180 Lost Balls 168

79 Recoveries 65

Dominated.

Who gave the penalty?

The incident happened and the ref gave nothing.

He looked at the linesman and gave nothing.

He started running to the penalty area and gave nothing

When he got to Adebayor he then decides to give a pen.

It took between 5 and 10 seconds after the incident for him to give the pen and most people in the Leazes thought he was running over to book Adebayor for diving. Did Sky mention it at all?

Good point, was definitely a penalty but it did look like it wasn't given, even Adebayor fell back to the floor with his hands on his head (iirc) in disbelief that it wasn't given on the replays so he must have seen something from the ref that initially said no.

imo, Santon showed more positive qualities in 15 mins than Simpson did in 75. I saw it, with my own eyes, it happened, imo

nah, its just easy for people to whinge at the players that get involved a lot, and things dont come off. I bet the spurs players didnt think he was w***. Fantastic game today, tremendous effort. Give the team credit as a whole stop picking out individauls. You can quote me on this anytime later in the season- this bloke is going to be good for us.

I honestly don't know what you see in him but we’ll see.

The only positive I can remember from Obertan's game was a bit of tracking back he did towards the end. He's lazy, if there's a player near by there's not chance he'll track him, bottles any form of 5-50 challange too. Offensively he's frustrating. He squares his man up then neither takes him on nor crosses it in and on the rare occasion he does knock a ball in it tends to be piss poor.

At first I thought it was just a confidence issue but now I'm beginning to think it's more than that. Hope I'm wrong but he looks to be a very average player.

Who gave the penalty?

It took between 5 and 10 seconds after the incident for him to give the pen and most people in the Leazes thought he was running over to book Adebayor for diving. Did Sky mention it at all?

Good point, was definitely a penalty but it did look like it wasn't given, even Adebayor fell back to the floor with his hands on his head (iirc) in disbelief that it wasn't given on the replays so he must have seen something from the ref that initially said no.

Pardew acknowledges it was a penalty but he made a good point that it took the referee ages to actually give it.

If the referee is unsure, then surely he shouldn't give it? (It was definitely the correct decision to give it like).

I honestly don't know what you see in him but we’ll see.

potential- we can agree to differ for now and re-visit this point later in season.

Can't consider that anything other than 2 points dropped against one of the little teams we should beat every time.

newcastle are just another stoke and botlon by the looks of it

I dont mind drawing a game, but Newcastle are fuckin woeful. Felt like it was bolton we were playing for 90% of the match.

And yes, Newcastle are that poor. Workmanlike side but no better than wolves level who we already beat (in fact wolves were by far the better side than Newcastle the other week)

Bunch of tossers.

Pathetic and cringe worthy.

Who gave the penalty?

Pardew acknowledges it was a penalty but he made a good point that it took the referee ages to actually give it.

If the referee is unsure, then surely he shouldn't give it? (It was definitely the correct decision to give it like).

In post-match analysis on Sky, they were talking about why he may have taken a while, think they said something along the lines of deciding what to do about Taylor, yellow/red him etc? Just a stab in the dark.

Ginola's a pretty good pundit btw, only listened to him the once, today, and had a bit of good knowledge, if you ignore some of the trademark obvious Sky remarks like 'what do they have to do to get back into this?' 'score a goal' Seriously, what goes through their head that saying something so obvious is good enough for a national broadcast? :lol: