Newcastle United 2 - 2 Tottenham - 16/10/11 - Post-match reaction from page 40

Dave

Times MOTD 2 tonight? On phone, can't be arsed probs scroll around for an answer. Ta.

Watched the match in the bar of a Premier Inn, made the entire bar and staff jump out of their skin when Shola tucked that in, what a fcking finish!

10pm I reckon.

Correct.

What a fucking game. I'm absolutely exhausted after that ninety minutes. The last ten minutes were unreal.

That's a fantastic result tbh, especially having fallen behind on two occasions. What a finish man.

I thought Simpson and Obertan down our right were both rubbish, particularly the latter, who is just garbage man. He's just shite; a completely nothing winger whose only asset is pace. And even then he's afraid to run at people. Get him out of the team.

Other than them two, i thought everyone had a very good game. Ba and Best didn't link up too well but separately held up the play to good effect. Jonas was an absolute workhorse, Stevie Taylor got stuck in and to be honest - i thought Ryan Taylor had one of his best games for us. As fluid and confident on the ball as i've seen him, and provided a blockage ahead of Modric on numerous occasions. Well done to him.

Man of the match was Coloccini though. What a fucking monster.

I love how much of a fucking twat of a team we are to beat at the moment. It's marvellous. :smitten:

Agree with every word except for me, Tiote just barely edged MOTM from Coloccini by a whisker. Good post though.

How happy are people by the way?

I'm over the moon today, I'm in a warm place.

I'm chuffed to bits, we gave them a proper game and arguably had the better of them which was what I was after, for the sake of all those 'you've not played anyone good yet' nobs.

:snod:

Guest Howaythetoon

In the context of how the game panned out I'm happy with a point but we should be beating Spurs at home. Traditionally its a fixture we more often than not win and traditionally Spurs are not so hot on the road, especially at SJP. Still, one point is a good point.

In the context of how the game panned out I'm happy with a point but we should be beating Spurs at home. Traditionally its a fixture we more often than not win and traditionally Spurs are not so hot on the road, especially at SJP. Still, one point is a good point.

If you don't mind me saying, that seems a poor basis for believing we ought to take three points - history/tradition has little to do with the respective stations of the two sides now.

Guest Wally_McFool

Cabaye was quiet. We've seen when he pushes forward he can really dictate football matches but it didn't happen today, he also got caught for the penalty incident. Still got stuck in and picked some decent passes, similar to Parker's performance really.

Obertan was utter s***.

Nah man not having that. If you can please watch the game again and see if you can compare Cabaye's performance with Parkers. I know Cabaye is a favourite on here but he was not good today.

From a spurs fans perspective on your players performance today..

Jonas was motm. Caused us all sorts of problems and worked his arse off. Toite was good, worked hard and made Livermore look like an amateur. Coloccini was very very good and looked calm and comfortable for most parts of the game. Ba was good, works hard, caused us problems when the ball was played to him. Your fb's were ok but were not put under pressure (simpson though gives up at times when its obvious he can get the ball). Taylor was ok other then the mistake for the pen and Krul made a good save and generally did well. Shola was immense.

Now for the bad. Best was bad today. He caused us no problems at all and he had a touch of that simpson defeatist attitude (times where he could get the ball but stops half way). He really didn't contribute to anything the 1st half. Cabaye imo was also bad as he was simply invisbible most of the game. Imo he was getting bailed out at times by Tiote being a physical monster and tracking back. He improved a bit later in the game but that's a 6/10 performance at best. Obertan was just shit.

Thing is, as bad as some of Obertan's passing was, he was the main reason Bale did fuck all today.

Cabaye was quiet. We've seen when he pushes forward he can really dictate football matches but it didn't happen today, he also got caught for the penalty incident. Still got stuck in and picked some decent passes, similar to Parker's performance really.

Obertan was utter s***.

Nah man not having that. If you can please watch the game again and see if you can compare Cabaye's performance with Parkers. I know Cabaye is a favourite on here but he was not good today.

Jonas was motm. Caused us all sorts of problems and worked his arse off. Toite was good, worked hard and made Livermore look like an amateur. Coloccini was very very good and looked calm and comfortable for most parts of the game. Ba was good, works hard, caused us problems when the ball was played to him. Your fb's were ok but were not put under pressure (simpson though gives up at times when its obvious he can get the ball). Taylor was ok other then the mistake for the pen and Krul made a good save and generally did well. Shola was immense.

Now for the bad. Best was bad today. He caused us no problems at all and he had a touch of that simpson defeatist attitude (times where he could get the ball but stops half way). He really didn't contribute to anything the 1st half. Cabaye imo was also bad as he was simply invisbible most of the game. Imo he was getting bailed out at times by Tiote being a physical monster and tracking back. He improved a bit later in the game but that's a 6/10 performance at best. Obertan was just s***.

Cabaye did his defensive duties for me like. I think you'd of seen a lot more of your midfield if he hadn't. Granted going forward he didn't do a great deal, particularly with his set pieces which were below par. He wasn't good but he wasn't bad. As for Best I also thought he did well without looking a threat, his link up play, close control and holding up play were good. He regularly took down a pointless ball from Krul and turned it into something useful.

As for the bad I thought while our full back were far from disasterous but both looked uncomfortable. Taylor did his duties but he was never convincing. Simpson was sloppy and caught out of possession too many times for my liking. Obertan as you say was s****.

Thought Cabaye had a decent game in the engine room tbh. Forever offering himself, over every square inch of grass. He's always there, ticking the play along. Some beautifully swept cross-field passes, too.

Thought Cabaye had a decent game in the engine room tbh. Forever offering himself, over every square inch of grass. He's always there, ticking the play along. Some beautifully swept cross-field passes, too.

quiet imho, was expecting a bit better

Quieter and the stats bare that up, he didn't pass as successfully, and was sad he didn't manage to test Friedel from range. Not a bad game by any stretch though, tiote just seemed to step up this game, happy enough with him.

Obertan was utter s***.

Now for the bad. Best was bad today. He caused us no problems at all and he had a touch of that simpson defeatist attitude (times where he could get the ball but stops half way). He really didn't contribute to anything the 1st half. Cabaye imo was also bad as he was simply invisbible most of the game. Imo he was getting bailed out at times by Tiote being a physical monster and tracking back. He improved a bit later in the game but that's a 6/10 performance at best. Obertan was just s***.

Thing is, as bad as some of Obertan's passing was, he was the main reason Bale did f*** all today.

honestly it was modric at left wing while bale on right wing...  so when did obertan intercept bale? O.o