Newcastle United 2 - 2 Tottenham - 16/10/11 - Post-match reaction from page 40

Dave

I think Obertan would be much more useful coming off the bench. loses the ball so fucking often.

HBA held onto the ball far too long on more than one occasion, but looked good except that, looking forward to next week, should rip wigan apart

Krul  7

Simpson  5

Taylor  7

Coloccini  9.5

R.Taylor  6

Obertan  4

Tiote  9

Cabaye  6

Jonas  8.5

Best  6

Ba  8

Shola  7

Santon  6

Ben Arfa  6

Spot on here. Would have had Jonas a tad higher. Colo my MOTM too.

Guest Haris Vuckic
The difference between Simpson and Santon was like night and day,there can't be any more excuses for Santon not playing. He was comfortable on the ball,positive,and could pass

Definitely, I thought He would have been targetting a starting place at left back but perhaps Pardew has identified Simpson as the biggest weakness.

Santon was total class in his 20 minutes or so and I can only see this team getting better.

Dont normally do this but

Ben Arfa playing behind Shola? Not sure that will work with Shola being so shite like.

NOOOOOOOOO... Not Ameobi FFS!!!

Shola the shiting on the cake.

Why Shola for BA

Ba for Ameobi is a mistake. Ameobi is a mistake

Ameobi lolz

Ba off is bad enough... But for Shola too :lol:

Ameobi for Ba :lol:

Hey, as 'unfair' as it is...might make some people realise how cretinous they are when 'supporting' their team O0

The only cretinous one is you. People have a right to say what they see when it happens.

I still think Ameobi is shit and although I apologised when he scored...I'll stand by it. Love hate thing.

But you really are the lowest of lows, sad as fuck and such a poor WUM.

We just got a good draw and the first thing you want to do is spit on supporters of the club.

Shameful.

Bang on Poot.

Think Obertan gets some unfair stick, he's alright, and one day he'll race clear and get a goal, or race clear and be hacked down for a red. Would still think he'd actually work better as an impact sub, coming on against tired legs is a good idea, though then for that I'd prefer Sammy ahead of him anyway...

I'd love to see Obertan start off the bench. His most impressive performance for us was as a sub. He could be a good squad player, but he's done nothing to warrant going 90 almost every game.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

some numpties calling up 606 now like, saying why can't we get 4th spot?  Pardew could be considered for the England job etc.

I'm sure they screen the calls to make sure there are no level headed, alcohol free callers getting through.

some numpties calling up 606 now like, saying why can't we get 4th spot?  Pardew could be considered for the England job etc.

Part 1 no but the England bit is hardly unreasonable considering the lack of options of English managers doing well atm

Krul - 6

Simpson - 6 (Santon - 6)

R.Taylor - 7

S.Taylor - 6

Coloccini - 7

Obertan - 6

Jonas - 7

Cabaye - 6

Tiote - 8

Best - 6 (Ben Arfa - 6)

Ba - 7 (Ameobi - 8)

Some very conservative marks there. Colo and Jonas 7?

also Livermoore for them was excellent I thought, 1st real good look at him and he impressed me

I actually forgot he was playing, didn't notice him. Tbf I couldn't give a shite about focussing on their players, as no one really stood out for them so I'll take your word for it.

Guest Howaythetoon

also Livermoore for them was excellent I thought, 1st real good look at him and he impressed me

I thought he was dominated massively not only by Tiote but Cabaye too, in fact their whole midfield was dominated by our two guys in the middle, none more so than Parker.

btw one thing that did disappoint me were the empty seats, a game this big should've got sold out, the atmosphere was great though, did anyone else notice the angreist man in the world at the Gallowgate? fucking loved his passion, made me feel liks a piss poor fan.

I thought he was dominated massively not only by Tiote but Cabaye too, in fact their whole midfield was dominated by our two guys in the middle, none more so than Parker.

Parker I'd agree with but personally I thought Livermoore held his own, played his part in the penalty incident too maybe I'm overblowing it but I was impressed

Was really impressed with Kaboul today like, thought he was Spurs best player. Parker was Parker, Modric oozed class while Bale was anonymous. It's truly bamboozling how the man received PFA player of the year.

All because of that one game. In Europe. That they lost.

Honestly forgot Parker was playing today apart from his booking, especially 2nd half.

He played better than I thought he would, tbh.

That said, he's not half as good as the media would have you believe IMO.

Bale stunk the place out. The worst attacking player on show today.

Top player on his day, but thats about 3 or 4 times a season.