On This Day... Personal Memories

TheGuv

One of the best moments I've ever had supporting NUFC! Unbelievable :)

For a one off intense buzz, it's either Bellamy's goal or when Tiote scored v Arsenal.

Rather sad, when you think about it.

Guest Slippery Sam

As much as I can remember Bellamy's goal, I can't forget the abysmal effort by Dyer that 'set up' Bellamy (via the goalie). 

Couple of the old fellas I was watching it with at the club have sincd died. They were loving it that night though. :-(

Ten years, bloody hell that's frightening.

• 3 weeks later...

Wigan away in the Carling Cup, 2005 - http://nufc.com/html/2005-06html/2005-11-30wigan-a-cc4.html

The only positives were the fact we filled the away end (about 5000 of the sparse 11000 crowd) and, well, that is it. A fucking disgraceful game and even seven years on, I'm still angry.

We may be poor at the moment but it doesn't come close to that night.

Wigan away in the Carling Cup, 2005 - http://nufc.com/html/2005-06html/2005-11-30wigan-a-cc4.html

The only positives were the fact we filled the away end (about 5000 of the sparse 11000 crowd) and, well, that is it. A f***ing disgraceful game and even seven years on, I'm still angry.

The atmosphere was so sour that night. I got into a pretty agressive argument at the end with a guy who was telling Michael Chopra to fuck off and giving him the fingers when he came over at the end.

The only positives were the fact we filled the away end (about 5000 of the sparse 11000 crowd) and, well, that is it. A fucking disgraceful game and even seven years on, I'm still angry.

That was one of the lowest nights as a Newcastle fan. Everything about it other than the journey down there was fucking shite. Wigan had their 2nd team out as well.

Guest Roger Kint

2 years ago that Hughton got booted, hard to believe at the time what was to happen in the following 18 months.....just another quiet, dull period in NUFC history!

I can't believe it's 16 years today since Tino held his shirt on the corner flag against Metz. And I was only 7! Remember it very well, I was sure I was a hardened fan by then, not a 7 year old with a barely-formed brain.

wow 16 years, had a job interview that day, met the ex mrs in old orleans for lunch, with the metz fans.

2 years ago that Hughton got booted, hard to believe at the time what was to happen in the following 18 months.....just another quiet, dull period in NUFC history!

I was ready to give up that day. After all the pain relegation meant, that man restored my pride in supporting this club.

The way he went was one of the all time lows, regardless of how things turned out.

I love it how well he's doing at Norwich.

Guest Roger Kint

I was ready to give up that day. After all the pain relegation meant, that man restored my pride in supporting this club.

The way he went was one of the all time lows, regardless of how things turned out.

Agree with that, except for the giving up part(i lasted til 31 Jan that season to give up on my ST)

Same like. I was convinced we'd be relegated again.

Was absolutely gutted for the bloke, not many managers I can say that about :lol:

Glad he is doing well and showing he can do it in this league. Was worried he would be ignored and drift off into obscurity.