Man City vs Newcastle United - 19/11/11 - 3pm

MW

I have a dream that Evra and Ferdinand will one day play in a league where they will not be judged by the colour of their skin but by the content of their footballing ability.

I had a dream that my mate said he would take me to school but then decided to go against his promise cus he was watching big brother and would only go to school after that.I was like dont worry i'll come watch with you then you can take me after that. He was like nah f*** off. Then once i saw him at school we had a big ass fight.

I fight like an absolute retard in my dreams like.

I have a dream that Evra and Ferdinand will one day play in a league where they will not be judged by the colour of their skin but by the content of their footballing ability.

I had a dream that my mate said he would take me to school but then decided to go against his promise cus he was watching big brother and would only go to school after that.I was like dont worry i'll come watch with you then you can take me after that. He was like nah fuck off. Then once i saw him at school we had a big ass fight.

I dreamt that me and a mate had a knife fight. Think I had killed a couple of random lads before, and that's why were squaring off. I managed to disarm him of his knife after a few cuts, but didn't want to finish him off, so I ran away and threw the knifes into a ditch and hopped on a bus.

Only just realised that said mate is a Man City supporter, so I guess this dream means that we'll go a couple of goals up, they will equalise and we'll get a penalty in the dying few minutes that we'll miss. Get your money on 2-2, lads.

Tough one to call for Pardew. Rely on our defensive resilience and go to pack the midfield and frustrate them. It might work and we grind out a 0-0 with City players and manager whining afterwards that only one team came to play. Or we'll get done by an early goal and the whole gameplan falls apart. If we go behind I think it'll be very hard to get back into the game.

Or do we surprise them and come to play. They have an excellent midfield but ours isn't bad either and if we can more than match them for workrate, we might get the breaks. In Ben Arfa we have a player who can create something and in Ba a striker with the movement and finishing to take rare chances. If we do nick a goal, we can always pack the midfield and defend our lead.

Whatever we do, they're going to be a massive threat on the ball. Personally I would do the latter and look to keep hold of the ball when we can, while working harder than them when we lose it. Two strikers up front would give us more chance to keep the ball in their half. If we play with one up front they will bring the defence forward and have us on the back foot most of the game. I don't fancy us to survive a 90 minute onslaught.

The other big question is Ben Arfa or Best. In Ben Arfa you have a potential matchwinner, in Best you have greater workrate and better hold-up play. Ben Arfa will look to link midfield into attack by dropping into deeper areas, while Best will look to link the midfield by holding the ball up for attacking players to arrive. I realise this contradicts what I said about workrate being key, but I reckon Ben Arfa will be fired up for this one and I'd have more faith in us getting a result with him on if I'm honest.

Pardew said in the talksport interview that teams that have come there to try and sit back have failed miserably, while teams that have come and have had a go had done a lot better, so I'm assuming we'll do the latter. It's also why I think we might see Ben Arfa on the right if neither Marveaux or Obertan are fit.

Tough one to call for Pardew. Rely on our defensive resilience and go to pack the midfield and frustrate them. It might work and we grind out a 0-0 with City players and manager whining afterwards that only one team came to play. Or we'll get done by an early goal and the whole gameplan falls apart. If we go behind I think it'll be very hard to get back into the game.

Or do we surprise them and come to play. They have an excellent midfield but ours isn't bad either and if we can more than match them for workrate, we might get the breaks. In Ben Arfa we have a player who can create something and in Ba a striker with the movement and finishing to take rare chances. If we do nick a goal, we can always pack the midfield and defend our lead.

Whatever we do, they're going to be a massive threat on the ball. Personally I would do the latter and look to keep hold of the ball when we can, while working harder than them when we lose it. Two strikers up front would give us more chance to keep the ball in their half. If we play with one up front they will bring the defence forward and have us on the back foot most of the game. I don't fancy us to survive a 90 minute onslaught.

The other big question is Ben Arfa or Best. In Ben Arfa you have a potential matchwinner, in Best you have greater workrate and better hold-up play. Ben Arfa will look to link midfield into attack by dropping into deeper areas, while Best will look to link the midfield by holding the ball up for attacking players to arrive. I realise this contradicts what I said about workrate being key, but I reckon Ben Arfa will be fired up for this one and I'd have more faith in us getting a result with him on if I'm honest.

by playing both ben arfa and jonas widish is hardly packing the midfield. we know ban arfa wont do the work of jonas but he may chase and  harrass the full backs when they have the ball allowing jonas to do what he does (don't think his game will alter much is he plays primarily on the left or right) and hopefully should tiote be fit couls lead to a central 3 that can spread to cover for ben arfa. my worry about playing best is that we'd go long far too much and try to play off him which, for me, wouldn't give enough. citeh don't play a high tempo "get the ball back" game when out of possession so keeping the ball off them has to be the way to go.

No pressure at all, everything to win, underdogs despite being unbeaten for 11 games. Can't think of a better psychological approach.

If Tioté plays I think we can nick a point. Had a look through some MOTD clips from this season last night, Tioté gives us a dimension that not many midfields in the league have. His passing and crossing has improved a lot as well, making him very dynamic.

Agüero seems to be back for this though, will be a good battle between him and Coloccini. I think Jonas can tame one of their wingers, but we need Cheik to battle with Silva.

Similar performance to the one we gave at Arsenal last season please.

I'm not sure if i'm allowed to ask this on here and I know its probably a bit of a long shot but I'm down in York this weekend with the Mrs. If anyone is from this area do you know of any pubs in York city center with the foreign channels that might be showing our game on Saturday?

I'm not sure if i'm allowed to ask this on here and I know its probably a bit of a long shot but I'm down in York this weekend with the Mrs. If anyone is from this area do you know of any pubs in York city center with the foreign channels that might be showing our game on Saturday?

The Terrace on the corner of Fossgate.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

optimistic prediction : score draw

realistic: we'll lose by one or two goals

pessimistic : we'll lose by 3 or 5 goals.

My realistic predictions have been the right/closest this season for the most part.

With Tiote & Matv out and if Obertan misses to them it makes sense to go with

----------------Krul

Simo-----Tayls------Colo------RTay

Sant-----Guth-------Cab------Jonas

-----------Ba----------Best

Agree and if Best is still not ok.. HBA has to come in

So, Tiote and Marv are out.

Front 6 of:

Obertan    Cabaye  Guthrie  Gutierrez

Ba            Best

(Or are Obertan and Best still big doubts too? Hatem and Sammy will have to get involved at some point, presumably).

The Terrace on the corner of Fossgate.

Cheers mate  O0