St James' Park

Dave

Guest bimpy474

Please say there not going to put Wonga signs on the stadium roof, like the sports direct signs.

Shirt deal not stadium deal you wanga :lol:

The fact that most banks didn't back them as they started up because of their "business practice" speaks volumes.

Aren't they direct competition for banks?

A banks way of a short term loan is a credit card, you don't get a Wonga loan if a bank is willing to give you a credit card. Banks generally only do long term and higher value loans and mortgages.

Is 8M right? Sunderland is getting more than double if this is right.

"The Black Cats recently signed a £20 million deal with not-for-profit group Invest in Africa, which will see them bare the organisations logo on the front of their shirts for at least two years"

edit: or is it 20/2yrs?

Please say there not going to put Wonga signs on the stadium roof, like the sports direct signs.

They have Puma signs on the stadium, don't they?

The fact that most banks didn't back them as they started up because of their "business practice" speaks volumes.

A banks way of a short term loan is a credit card, you don't get a Wonga loan if a bank is willing to give you a credit card. Banks generally only do long term and higher value loans and mortgages.

So why would the bank's support them?

Guest firetotheworks

If Sunderland are getting 20m a year, I imagine it'll be the same kind of laundering that other clubs are using to legitimately fund themselves within the Fifa Financial Fair Play nonsense.

Guest bimpy474

They have Puma signs on the stadium, don't they?

Erm......i was attempting to lighten the mood. Seeing as that failed, i would expect to see some advertising in the ground, same as Virgin i wouldn't Wonga.

Guest neesy111

Because most businesses go to banks for lending.

With Wonga and SportsDirect as main sponsors I wonder if there is a market for them to give 20/20, Ace Lager cans and FrostyJack exclusive rights to vending alcohol on the concourses.

Is 8M right? Sunderland is getting more than double if this is right.

"The Black Cats recently signed a £20 million deal with not-for-profit group Invest in Africa, which will see them bare the organisations logo on the front of their shirts for at least two years"

edit: or is it 20/2yrs?

Think there is some confusion over the Sunderland deal.  I am sure I read somewhere that the £20m is a figure they could achieve if a certain amount of investment in Africa occurred as a result of the sponsorship. But as with us in the Virgin deal, the actual figures have never been made clear.

No way to accurately assess the likely hood of repayments within such a small time scale and with such little detail, no way to hold up any mis-payment disputes in court to an acceptable level, and then there is the APR %.

Guest pintofscottsellers

With Wonga and SportsDirect as main sponsors I wonder if there is a market for them to give 20/20, Ace Lager cans and FrostyJack exclusive rights to vending alcohol on the concourses.

To be honest I would rather drink that than Carling.

To be honest I would rather drink that than Carling.

I would rather drink a bench than drink carling