St James' Park

Dave

So sad that the Guardian has sunk to this level of "news" reporting.

If NUFC still exists they should maybe run a poll to see what Newcastle fans think of them. My guess is a big majority will know nothing about them and amongst those who do most will think they're a complete waste of time and in no way represent Newcastle fans.

:rolleyes:

So sad that the Guardian has sunk to this level of "news" reporting.

If NUFC still exists they should maybe run a poll to see what Newcastle fans think of them. My guess is a big majority will know nothing about them and amongst those who do most will think they're a complete waste of time and in no way represent Newcastle fans.

:rolleyes:

Getting late Mick, gonna change it now  :D

NUST sounded like RAWK from members experience I read about, power struggles and a lot of with us or fuck off attitude by the slim majority. Surprised to hear they are still going actually. Probably an advert for new members.

NUST sounded like RAWK from members experience I read about, power struggles and a lot of with us or fuck off attitude by the slim majority. Surprised to hear they are still going actually. Probably an advert for new members.

Some people have invested their pensions with them, put in their life savings, and even re-mortgaged their house, they are worse than the church for conning people out of their money, they virtually have an unlimited amount of resources and once every so often they raise their ugly heads so people don't ask "Where's my money"?

NUST sounded like RAWK from members experience I read about, power struggles and a lot of with us or f*** off attitude by the slim majority. Surprised to hear they are still going actually. Probably an advert for new members.

Some people have invested their pensions with them, put in their life savings, and even re-mortgaged their house, they are worse than the church for conning people out of their money, they virtually have an unlimited amount of resources and once every so often they raise their ugly heads so people don't ask "Where's my money"?

Is this the group that basically said "Give us some money so we can buy the club" but have done 'nothing' with it?

NUST sounded like RAWK from members experience I read about, power struggles and a lot of with us or f*** off attitude by the slim majority. Surprised to hear they are still going actually. Probably an advert for new members.

Is this the group that basically said "Give us some money so we can buy the club" but have done 'nothing' with it?

Yes.

Arsenal's cheapest day out (£34.30) comes in exactly £100 cheaper but it is Newcastle who offer the Premier League's best value day out, with a ticket, programme, pie and cup of tea coming in at £23.

Taken from the BBC Football look into prices - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19984968 & http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19842397

Sounds like those £9 flights and £15 return London train fares that don't really exist. Anyone ever had this deal?

Guest neesy111

Arsenal's cheapest day out (£34.30) comes in exactly £100 cheaper but it is Newcastle who offer the Premier League's best value day out, with a ticket, programme, pie and cup of tea coming in at £23.

Taken from the BBC Football look into prices - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19984968 & http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19842397

Sounds like those £9 flights and £15 return London train fares that don't really exist. Anyone ever had this deal?

The flights don't but train fares do but only in very limited supply and circumstances nowadays.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2220761/Newcastle-1-5m-Wonga-stadium-rights.html

Controversial new Newcastle sponsor Wonga is paying the club £1.5million a year for the naming rights to St James’ Park — less than half the valuation estimated by sports marketing experts.

It has been revealed Newcastle commissioned an investigation into the valuation of naming rights prior to rubber-stamping the Wonga deal and were informed they could expect to command between £3m-£4m each year.

Despite the findings of the report, Newcastle owner Mike Ashley and the club’s directors gave the green light to a deal worth considerably less. It is a decision that has restored the traditional name of the ground.

It is understood Newcastle have actually signed two separate contracts with the loan firm.

The stadium naming rights deal will run for four-and-a-half years, while Wonga has also agreed a four-year shirt sponsorship deal, starting next season, which is worth between £6m-£8m a year.

Well worth all that 'showcasing' then. :mackems:

Still expecting Wongaworld or some such bollocks further down the line anyway. Why pay out £6m for a week of good PR?

Because Wonga badly need good PR?

The other week they did. Why in a year's time, when nobody gives a shite about the sponsor any more?

Not sure why they even need it in the first place actually. They're making a forture aren't they?