Manchester City 3 - 1 Newcastle United - 19/11/11 - post-match reaction from p41

Dave

I know, I can barely post there anymore. The US forum is like a graveyard for intelligent thought. Good for insight on more obscure nations/competitions (Bosnia), but that's really it.

Yeah I usually just snoop there as it's good for articles and news etc. Some of the gloryhunters for the Prem clubs make you want to tear your hair out. Talk about not 'getting it'.

First thing I saw looking over at the BigSoccer was 2 threads on Neymar, he's the new "I know loads about footy me like, so i'm going to discuss (insert name)", it used to be Bojan when I used to snoop the EA board before FIFA releases. I doubt 90% of them have ever seen him kick a ball tbh.

The most embarrassed ive been by any fan this season was a guy in his 40s being a total cunt in the pub at Villa, ripping down Irish flags and screaming abuse at barstaff. Its not just young people.

It's generally worse when it's games where we get lots of tickets. Bolton last year stands out. Apparently Blackburn in the cup was full of charvas too. Generally don't get them at games like Sunderland or Man Utd away.

Yep, Barnsley away in the Championship was the same. Our away support is fast losing it's reputation of being hardcore loyal fans and becoming a p*ssed up charver kids day out.

Just a thought, but maybe one of the reasons for taking reduced away allocations? You'd imagine our club gets feedback from opposition stewards, police, clubs, etc.

The nonsense at Darlington certainly hasnt helped but I think the over riding reason for reduced allocations is that the club has palpitations about being left with any unsold tickets which they have to pay for regardless.

Walking away from the ground was quite funny, about 1 in 3 of the coppers lining the route had proper handlebar moustaches for Movember, so everyone was booing the ones who hadn't done it and cheering and singing ymca when they passed the ones that had.

Guest Heneage

The Bosnian fans seem to be gushing with praise for him and want him starting for the NT right now :lol: Not sure how they could have seen him play to know this mind.

I think the read his links to Ac Milan and presume. Last I'd heard he was declared for Slovenia but awaiting his first cap (he was raised in Slovenia thus why he chose them).

I'm not sure how much to read into him getting Dzeko's shirt. I guess there aren't many prominent Slovenians in the Premier League to compare with.

Toon fan in front of me with a broad Australian accent made me laugh, going fucking mental at the city fans at the end "YEAH? YEAH? COME TO THE UNITED GROUND AND SAY THAT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS MATE, YOU TRY THAT AT THE NEWCASTLE UNITED GROUND YOU FUCKING CUNTS!"

Toon fan in front of me with a broad Australian accent made me laugh, going f***ing mental at the city fans at the end "YEAH? YEAH? COME TO THE UNITED GROUND AND SAY THAT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS MATE, YOU TRY THAT AT THE NEWCASTLE UNITED GROUND YOU f***ing c***s!"

Beats him saying 'Come to the Sports Direct Arena'

Toon fan in front of me with a broad Australian accent made me laugh, going f***ing mental at the city fans at the end "YEAH? YEAH? COME TO THE UNITED GROUND AND SAY THAT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS MATE, YOU TRY THAT AT THE NEWCASTLE UNITED GROUND YOU f***ing c***s!"

Beats him saying 'Come to the Sports Direct Arena'

Yep, mustn't be sydneycove.

Having watched this again I'm actually slightly annoyed we didn't get something from the game. We created and missed some great chances and conceded due to two individual errors and a questionable refereeing decision. On top of that we dominated large parts of the second half and limited City to three real chances from open play.

Some real positives to take from the game though.