Manchester City 3 - 1 Newcastle United - 19/11/11 - post-match reaction from p41

Dave

By my calculations, they paid more for Joleon Lescott than we paid for our entire 11.

Wouldn't want Lescott in our team, though.

Are you serious? Strong, composed, decent on the ball? And you wouldn't want him in our team?

Every single one of their starting eleven yesterday would be starting in our team. I wouldn't pick Lescott over Coloccini, but Lescott partnering Coloccini would be immense.

City have now scored 42 goals this season btw. Ridiculous.

Theres no pain, no shame, in losing this. Its meaningless as far as Im concerned. They are honestley a joke club to me. They didnt win three points they bought them in the transfer market. They have taken the buying of the league to a ridiculous un competative level. They have taken thier club to a place- where the games against them just dont matter anymore. they will claim sour grapes, cos we lost, or havent spent as much, but its not its far more fundemental than that.

They will probably walk to thier bought league title this season- but in all honestey it will be worth nothing- Its not even Manchester City anymore- its some super expensive plaything for some business called Etihad? what are they an airline? come to think of it, I watch football and I dont even know what they do? despite spending a billion, and changing stadium names for marketing , I dont know what they do. :lol:

In a couple of seasons thier big time charlies will get ahead of themselves , start beleiving they just need to turn up, problems in the camp, cracks will appear, and Manchester United will pick up the pieces again. :lol:

Basically spot on IMO, losing to Man City is meaningless - they don't even play the same sport as us. They've just proved that if you have infinite wealth you can assemble a world class team in a season or two. All it does is devalue the game.

Guest ykmkmdd

Theres no pain, no shame, in losing this. Its meaningless as far as Im concerned. They are honestley a joke club to me. They didnt win three points they bought them in the transfer market. They have taken the buying of the league to a ridiculous un competative level. They have taken thier club to a place- where the games against them just dont matter anymore. they will claim sour grapes, cos we lost, or havent spent as much, but its not its far more fundemental than that.

They will probably walk to thier bought league title this season- but in all honestey it will be worth nothing- Its not even Manchester City anymore- its some super expensive plaything for some business called Etihad? what are they an airline? come to think of it, I watch football and I dont even know what they do? despite spending a billion, and changing stadium names for marketing , I dont know what they do. :lol:

In a couple of seasons thier big time charlies will get ahead of themselves , start beleiving they just need to turn up, problems in the camp, cracks will appear, and Manchester United will pick up the pieces again. :lol:

Basically spot on IMO, losing to Man City is meaningless - they don't even play the same sport as us. They've just proved that if you have infinite wealth you can assemble a world class team in a season or two. All it does is devalue the game.

Agree with both these posts. In my mind we're still unbeaten.  O0

Agree with both these posts. In my mind we're still unbeaten.  O0

yep- unbeaten on a level playing field.

we need a thread for a table with Man Citys results removed, to give a true picture. ( if anyone is clever enough, probs not allowed?)

Getting a bit over the top with this questioning city and their credibilty. Let's just leave it at a meaningless defeat tbh.

Is it over the top- I rekon Its the least Ive cared about a defeat in 40 years. Litterally not bothered. Its not apathy- cos my confidence in what pardew is doing is as high as almost any other time in that 40 years- only behind KK, SBR. despite Ashley etc.

Getting a bit over the top with this questioning city and their credibilty. Let's just leave it at a meaningless defeat tbh.

Is it over the top- I rekon Its the least Ive cared about a defeat in 40 years. Litterally not bothered. Its not apathy- cos my confidence in what pardew is doing is as high as almost any other time in that 40 years- only behind KK, SBR. despite Ashley etc.

I would agree with that. It's the least I've cared about a defeat this early in the season. They were going to beat us, we played well, gave it a good shot and on another day we would have come out with a point and it wouldn't have been undeserved. But Pardew's creating something good here and I'm confident that we'll bounce back after this tough run of fixtures. We're already 1 point ahead of what I had hoped for at the start of the tough 5 matches (starting from Stoke until Chelsea), and we have played decently in every match. Things are looking good.

Feel exactly the same :thup:

Who was the bloke a number of players on both sides were greeting at the end of the match? In a City jacket.

Taylor and Shola both greeted him, I assumed it was some sort of U-21s connection, especially since Platt's at City now. No idea who he is though.