Manchester City 3 - 1 Newcastle United - 19/11/11 - post-match reaction from p41

Dave

Whoever mentioned that Ba doesn't have to be a 'hold up' striker to link with HBA is absolutely right btw,we can work it forwards these days

ofcourse he doesnt and that obviously depends on what team we play against,  if we're playing a team that will dominate possession and bring on pressure then it's always useful to have a striker that can hold up play to relieve pressure.

Fair play to the Beeb, showed all of our chances. :thup:

Missed the Colocinni volley straight after Ben Arfa hit the post from a corner, but no complaints, anyone have the clip of Ben Arfa just before half time when he got away from a few defenders i think? Missed it when i was watching and there was no replay.

Ive just seen the MOTD highlights. Some good positives to take from that, we created chances, good chances as well. Ben Arfa played some great balls and his vision to create passes is just what we have missed. He was unlucky with the penalty, the last time I knew of the rules contact was allowed and for their 2nd penalty he didn't tuck the guy back, he didn't shoulder barge him excessively, he nearly got his shoulder in front of Richards who went down easily.

R.Taylor despite scoring some important goals for us this season has been a liability defensively this season and today it has came to breaking point, now there is at last a chance and reason to replace him.

On another day we could have gained something out of this game.

Guest Geordiesned

What caused the incident with fans trying to kick off in stadium?

Seen something on Twitter about City fans throwing fireworks at away fans. Is that true?