Manchester City 3 - 1 Newcastle United - 19/11/11 - post-match reaction from p41

Dave

Guest Geordiesned

What caused the incident with fans trying to kick off in stadium?

Seen something on Twitter about City fans throwing fireworks at away fans. Is that true?

Other way around.

Disgraceful. That firework should have been reserved for De Jong. 

ronaldo said it in the HBA thread for me, we were executing a good gameplan against the best team in the league and it fell apart through the mistakes of an individual, i'm encouraged as much as anything

man city are the best team in the league and the most expensive in the world (?) and they certainly didn't carve us open, the only team on the planet that could probably go there and try to play them would be barca so our gameplan is the best option and it looked to be working at one point

i'd expect more of the same at manyoo

Might be worth checking out the context of that post. O0

Oh, I'll admit I only saw it as a stand alone post. Can I assume it was laced in sarcasm?

:razz:

There's really no comparison between the two situations. Our striking partnership consists of two players who've both been playing well. The defence consists of four players, one of which has been shown to be abysmal over the years as well as within the current side.

Does Best make Ba's job easier? Yes.

Does Raylor make Jonas and Coloccini's job easier? Does he blithering f***.

our fans getting a hell of a lot of stick on bluemoon because of the firework....sounds like there was a fair few cunts travelled down there

a lot of stick for our attendance as well, cheers mike  :booze:

Got absolutely zero interest in what their 'fans' think of us, the vast majority of them are small-time wankers who've only popped up in the last couple of years. The arrogance that they've built up in such a short space of time is sickening.

our fans getting a hell of a lot of stick on bluemoon because of the firework....sounds like there was a fair few c***s travelled down there

a lot of stick for our attendance as well, cheers mike  :booze:

Got absolutely zero interest in what their 'fans' think of us, the vast majority of them are small-time wankers who've only popped up in the last couple of years. The arrogance that they've built up in such a short space of time is sickening.

aye, some of them are fast becoming on par with the scousers for their arrogance

Fair play to the Beeb, showed all of our chances. :thup:

Missed the Colocinni volley straight after Ben Arfa hit the post from a corner, but no complaints, anyone have the clip of Ben Arfa just before half time when he got away from a few defenders i think? Missed it when i was watching and there was no replay.

Skills

http://imageshack.us/clip/my-videos/535/lws.mp4/

Sorry no idea how to make Gifs. Well i do but it wouldnt upload for some reason.

the plan we set out with was good but we didn't make enough of our time with the ball, particularly in the first half, even just to hold it and take the pressure off. ba had a turn on their defenders when he got the ball on his chest, so we stopped doing it despite his repeated calls for it there. it's also finally been pointed out to me what irritates me so much about danny guthrie, he does something good then stops/switches off, a bit like shola. ben arfa is looking sharper which can only be good for us, taylor and colo seem to be making a very good partnership, sammy showed some nice touches and some discipline and yaya toure absolutely dominated the game.

well...probably can´t complain too much about citeh winning. BUT i can´t help thinking we were very unlucky. we gave away 3 goals...we were not outplayed....three individual errors...and that cost!

first half we were in almost full control....good gameplan! Raylor cost ushard today! think we hard 3-4 really big chances.

bring on man u and chelsea...im sure there will a point or 3 to grab from those 2 matches!

No complaints overall with the result but what was disappointing was we didn't really make them work for their goals. Two crap pens to give away and some tomfoolery from Taylor.

This. You can't go to City and give them goals like that. That 2nd was a real killer too coming right at the end of the first half. Furthermore we missed a couple of great chances to take the lead and then get back in it at 2-0 and then the game is a different kettle of fish altogether.

Still City are a ridiculous machine of a side, look at the players they have on their bench :lol: :lol: It'll almost be embarrassing if they don't win the title ffs, they've got a sovereign state behind them!

City have now scored 42 goals this season btw. Ridiculous.

Theres no pain, no shame, in losing this. Its meaningless as far as Im concerned. They are honestley a joke club to me. They didnt win three points they bought them in the transfer market. They have taken the buying of the league to a ridiculous un competative level. They have taken thier club to a place- where the games against them just dont matter anymore. they will claim sour grapes, cos we lost, or havent spent as much, but its not its far more fundemental than that.

They will probably walk to thier bought league title this season- but in all honestey it will be worth nothing- Its not even Manchester City anymore- its some super expensive plaything for some business called Etihad? what are they an airline? come to think of it, I watch football and I dont even know what they do? despite spending a billion, and changing stadium names for marketing , I dont know what they do. :lol:

In a couple of seasons thier big time charlies will get ahead of themselves , start beleiving they just need to turn up, problems in the camp, cracks will appear, and Manchester United will pick up the pieces again. :lol:

"But Newcastle can hold their heads up - they've had a great start. I know people will go 'it's their first test'; it isn't their first test, because Newcastle - no disrespect - are not a great team so every game they play is a test, in my opinion."

:lol: :lol:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11096/7317824/City-streets-ahead

Fucking horrible thick drunkard twat.

to be fair he's sort of right.  although at this stage we should be shown more respect, we're still not a great team and most matches we've played should have been a test, we've just passed with ease.

was good to us during the match aswell, said we should have been 2-0 up at one point.  also made a point of saying how good Stevie Taylor was, made sure no one confused him with Raylor and his fuck ups.  which is impressive for Merson, who even watching the right match was a bonus for him.

It is a shame that we gifted them their goals yesterday.

I think it is 11 goals we have conceded so far and 4 of them have been penalties so we are obviously making it very difficult for teams to score against us in open play.