Man Utd 1 - 1 Newcastle Utd - 26/11/11 - post-match reaction from page 46

Beren

What a match, amazing stuff. I swear to god there was a forcefield around out goal at the end - they were killing us!!! Krul, Simpson, Colo and Stevie were fantastic today. Saves, off the lines, last ditch tackles.....dunno how the hell we survived this.

Sucks about Jonas, but stick Ben Arfa out wide and bring Best back against Chelsea.

Well I'm glad to see that we didn't collapse after losing to City. The characters we have in our team exude an aura of confidence when they play so the club knows that it can properly compete with the big boys. This puts us in great stead four the Chelsea game.

Bring it on.

Never a penalty and loads of luck, but I'll take that any day if it means a point. They've had way more than their share of the luck over the years against countless different opposition, so it's about time some went the other way. Feels extra good that it's us getting it!

What a match, amazing stuff. I swear to god there was a forcefield around out goal at the end - they were killing us!!! Krul, Simpson, Colo and Stevie were fantastic today. Saves, off the lines, last ditch tackles.....dunno how the hell we survived this.

Sucks about Jonas, but stick Ben Arfa out wide and bring Best back against Chelsea.

Just play Sammy left wing man.

I actually thought we played better last week at city.

So chuffed with that, slightly disappointed that we didn't have that extra belief in ourselves to go for it more because for a 20 minute period in that first half, we were controlling them. That to me, showed the side we can become with these players and hopefully soon.

Cracking defensive effort mind, can't beat that last ditch stuff. Well played.

Shit luck to concede the goal the way we did. Good luck to win the penalty but it still had to be scored and it was. Man U will moan about the Ref but every tackle or word from our players and it was a booking. Man U players crowded the Ref after awarding the penalty and at the end of the game.

Well done NUFC!

Just play Sammy left wing man.

I actually thought we played better last week at city.

We did. Controversial (perhaps?) but I thought we started the second half completely gutlessly. We were brave and defending like lions at the end, mind you. :thup:

Guest Minusmensch

Fuck! This was fucking sick. Happy. Every single lad bled for the team today. Lovely!

But Jonas...what the fuck was he thinking? Hell!

Guest VaVaVoom

Krul has got to be worth 10mil+ and we really do need to keep a hold of this lad.

He is special but fuck me his kicking is painful at times.

He got us the draw today very closely followed but Saylor and Coloccini. Simpson too.

Krul...9 Few massive world class saves but really needs to improve his kicking!

Simpson...8 Worked hard, read game well and great goal line block at the end.

Coloccini...9 Just pure wanktastically class man!

Saylor...8 Solid, few great blocks but there was a couple of dodgey touches in there today.

Raylor...5 Left us exposed time and time again. Should have scored 1st half.

Jonas...5 Very poor, offered nothing going forward and didnt do alot in defence neither.

Obertan...7 Good first half but faded in 2nd.

Cabaye...7 Worked hard, chased everything but couldnt get on the ball enough.

Guthrie...7 Tireless and passed well in tight spots. Has improved massively this year!

Ben Arfa...7 Glimpses of magic but kept on losing concentration. Its coming though.

Ba...6 Composed penatly but i actually think he was really poor today. Hold up was good at times but movement off the ball was awful.

Very proud of the team today though. I think we will beat Chelsea at home now like.

That game was fucken amazing. One of those games like when you're playing FIFA 12 on Legendary with full manual controls and no matter what the fuck you do the ball just doesn't go in the net with the keeper and defenders saving everything and then you throw the controller after the final whistle goes.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Obertan was class 1st half but was struggling with an injury almost immediately. Hope it doesn't mean he is out for next week because his pace makes a difference to us.

Nah, probably just feeling the strain.