Man Utd 1 - 1 Newcastle Utd - 26/11/11 - post-match reaction from page 46

Beren

Guest TheSummerOf69

Pretty reasonable from MOTD. :thup:

They looked at the dodgy penalty a lot, but didn't look at the game's other goal at all - which was very strange. It looked like it came off his hand and I wanted to see it again.

Some of our combination play in midfield in the first half looked really classy. I'd keep that Ben Arfa-Guthrie-Cabaye combo.

Dodgy penalty, but I suspect it was given because the linesman thought that Ferdinand caught Ben Arfa with his follow through. Commentators are obsessed with this idea that providing the defender gets the ball, everything else is okay, no matter how many times referees come out and explain that it's not.

Having said that, I thought Ben Arfa bought the penalty by diving over Ferdinand's outstretched foot. Naughty, but they all do it.

Still travelling home,bloody M62's been a nightmare.

Anyway, cannot express how much I enjoyed that. We matched them in the first half and defended like absolute stallions in the second and got a bit of luck which we deserved.

Ref was an absolute disgrace from start to finish,gave them absolutely everything.

Colo, Krul, Saylor, Guthrie, Ba all fantastic,well done lads.

You thought Ba was fantastic? Low standards then.

We all see different things mate, he worked his bollocks off,particularly at the end when we were down to 10,he also stuck away a massive pressure penalty.

I don't think cabaye was worth an 8 but each to their own

Some of our combination play in midfield in the first half looked really classy. I'd keep that Ben Arfa-Guthrie-Cabaye combo.

Dodgy penalty, but I suspect it was given because the linesman thought that Ferdinand caught Ben Arfa with his follow through. Commentators are obsessed with this idea that providing the defender gets the ball, everything else is okay, no matter how many times referees come out and explain that it's not.

Having said that, I thought Ben Arfa bought the penalty by diving over Ferdinand's outstretched foot. Naughty, but they all do it.

Over having Tiote in there? I think Guthrie's done really well, better than Cabaye in recent games, but having him in there means Cabaye's having to play a more defensive, destroying role, one he is not used to. Means we don't get to see as much of his creative side as we normally would. For that reason i'd have Tiote back when he's fit.

Course with Jonas now missing out HBA could end up out wide.

Over having Tiote in there? I think Guthrie's done really well, better than Cabaye in recent games, but having him in there means Cabaye's having to play a more defensive, destroying role, one he is not used to. Means we don't get to see as much of his creative side as we normally would. For that reason i'd have Tiote back when he's fit.

Course with Jonas now missing out HBA could end up out wide.

The alternative, now that Jonas is out, is to go for Cabaye-Tiote-Guthrie in the midfield, Sammy and Ben Arfa further forward and Ba in attack.

Well though he's played, I've often felt that Jonas may be the casualty if and when we move to a more sophisticated style of play.

Page 1-6 a canny read. They owe us big time like

http://www.mancityfans.net/mcfnet/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=40961

They're obviously biased (who isn't?) but it's really heartening to read fans of other clubs praising us and our play. Been on a number of other clubs' forums to see what they're saying about us and most of it is class.

Are we becoming a likeable team again? Others seem to be impressed with our approach, though right now i guess manu forums don't have too many good words for us.  :lol:

Should have posted that link in the 'nice about citeh' thread, reminder there is some good in their fans before their heads explode with grandeur when they win the title. 

The way Man Utd have reverted to type and carried on like total fucking brats yet again makes me hope we turn the twats over at home, would rather get a result from that match than any other this season apart from the mackem game.  Ferguson manages to say really nice things about us when they're running away with the league and we're thirty or forty points behind, but put him in a situation like this and he has no class whatsoever.  Such a prick and he never gets pulled or criticised for it.

@peterramage83 Peter Ramage

They say decisions even out over time! I seem to remember big al should have a pen yrs ago, ole on r.lee?! Who cares it wasn't a pen! #nufc

3 minutes ago

:)

Reading that, a bag on his head and i might even sleep with him.

That interview on the skysports site by ferguson is a disgrace. Completely belittles our team and also says things like "i dunno if the kid will ever get another game, it's not for me to decide" about the linesman. Utterly pathetic

I generally respect Ferguson but today he's come across as an embittered auld goat, having a paddy because he's not won.

It's what sets SBR ahead of him, a total lack of class and dignity at times.

He must hand on heart realise that we gave his side a game today FFS, we matched them in the first half at the very least.  When we went down to ten men we hung on desperately and that was mainly down to some terrific last ditch defending. 

You'd think a 70 year old man would grow the fuck up one of these days, the abuse he gives officials is criminal and if he gets a ban or a fine then he'll take it on the chin because it's job done, he's intimidated the FA and referees up and down the country again and they'll revert to giving Man Utd every debatable decision against 'inferior' opposition.  He's been at it for years, the worst example being the dreadful shite he was coming out which prompted the infamous Keegan outburst.  People seem to forget that that was the result of Ferguson trying to fuck about with the heads of referees and other teams in the final week of the season for fuck's sake, it was beyond a joke.

He must hand on heart realise that we gave his side a game today FFS, we matched them in the first half at the very least.  When we went down to ten men we hung on desperately and that was mainly down to some terrific last ditch defending. 

You'd think a 70 year old man would grow the fuck up one of these days, the abuse he gives officials is criminal and if he gets a ban or a fine then he'll take it on the chin because it's job done, he's intimidated the FA and referees up and down the country again and they'll revert to giving Man Utd every debatable decision against 'inferior' opposition.  He's been at it for years, the worst example being the dreadful shite he was coming out which prompted the infamous Keegan outburst.  People seem to forget that that was the result of Ferguson trying to fuck about with the heads of referees and other teams in the final week of the season for fuck's sake, it was beyond a joke.

telling the linesman he would never run the line at a premiership match again. unacceptable behaviour that, especially to a part-time linesman. what a dick. fact is plenty of challenges where the defender slides in from behind and takes some of the man are given as fouls whether or not they get a bit of the ball. so it is not exactly a shock to see one given in the box now and again, we've certainly been on the wrong end once or twice. while it's probably not a pen, it's asking for trouble to play that way.

maybe Fergie should go back and have a think about why he's letting rusty old Ferdinand, who can't cope with skill and movement, mark Hatem ben Arfa of all people.

i'd gotten over the hate or even fury i had for the man and his team of borderline cheats a decade or so ago, but today brings it all back. it was a fairly even game, some decisions went our way, some went your way. shut the fuck up whiskeynose.

I generally respect Ferguson but today he's come across as an embittered auld goat, having a paddy because he's not won.

It's what sets SBR ahead of him, a total lack of class and dignity at times.

Spot on. Even on this forum, try saying Ferguson is classless and you'll have so many people defending him (not today obviously) because of his results and achievements. No debate about his success but you'd expect more class from a 'Sir', world of difference between him and wor Bobby. The latter is a true gentleman of football, Ferguson is a class A cunt, I hope people remember today the next time they want to lick his balls for his success.

His comments about Pardew are just petty to the extreme.

Lost a lot of respect for him today. He conveniently forgets we had a man sent off whilst Fabio and Rooney could have both easily walked.

You sometimes have to consider managers doing these things more for the morale of the team than for the press, but have to think he contributes more to the players thinking they should act like total tits on the pitch. It was effectively a 0-0 with two flukey goals.

His comments about Pardew are just petty to the extreme.

Lost a lot of respect for him today. He conveniently forgets we had a man sent off whilst Fabio and Rooney could have both easily walked.

He's always like that, we haven't been in a position to cause him any problems and that's why we haven't seen it for a while.

You sometimes have to consider managers doing these things more for the morale of the team than for the press, but have to think he contributes more to the players thinking they should act like total tits on the pitch. It was effectively a 0-0 with two flukey goals.

one flukey goal, and one very well taken penalty (questionable decision aside).