Man Utd 1 - 1 Newcastle Utd - 26/11/11 - post-match reaction from page 46

Beren

Still trying to comprehend how a team ending with 10 men on the field, two of which are Lovenkrands and James Perch, manage to get 1-1 at the champions place. It reminded me alot about the time we beat them 1-0 on a David Edgar goal, with a injury-plagued team.

Good times.

Wasn't a penalty and I don't think the goal was offside. Our goal was lucky as fuck. Once I got over the disappointment and look back on the game, you outplayed us in the first half and deserved a point from the defending in the second. Under severe pressure in the last fifteen or so but a man down and a workhorse was the one sent off so understandable.

Personally thought your full backs were excellent. The best defenders in the world find it hard to keep Nani and Young quiet.

Also, Tim Krul is fantastic. Decky told me about him about three or four years ago when he was unknown. You will do well to hold onto him.

-------

Well done lads. :thup: Probably just finished the league. :lol:

:(

Wasn't a penalty and I don't think the goal was offside. Our goal was lucky as fuck. Once I got over the disappointment and look back on the game, you outplayed us in the first half and deserved a point from the defending in the second. Under severe pressure in the last fifteen or so but a man down and a workhorse was the one sent off so understandable.

Personally thought your full backs were excellent. The best defenders in the world find it hard to keep Nani and Young quiet.

Also, Tim Krul is fantastic. Decky told me about him about three or four years ago when he was unknown. You will do well to hold onto him.

-------

Well done lads. :thup: Probably just finished the league. :lol:

:(

it clearly was though  :thup:

Carrick got a slight touch on the cross at the end. By the time he touched it, Hernandez was definitely offside.

Aye I only watched the game once but the angle Setanta showed it looked on.

Danny fucking Simpson too. :lol: Unbelievable defending.

Fair play to the guys on Sunday Supplement, they gave us our dues, but then I've always had a lot of time for Henry Winter - top journalist. Of course the exception was Shaun Custis who despite his alleged love for Newcastle surely has to a mackem WUM. Defending Fergie to the hilt while totally failing to mention our own bad luck in going behind and getting nothing from the ref all game other than the pen. Incidentally, while it wasn't a pen, in real time it did look like one I thought. You could understand why the  faint touch was missed by the linesman. While it was a poor decision it was nowhere near the worst we've seen in ages as Fergie was trying to claim.

The 'united' thing has always p*ssed me off, more so because there's two teams in Manchester FFS! How can you be 'united' when there are two teams in your city? ???

They changed their name to United because of how successful that name was made by clubs like us rather than actually being United. In conclusion even 100 years ago they were all glory hunting c***s :lol:

Ferguson highlighted and criticised the fact that assistant referees aren't full-time professionals. His military service is relevant in that context.

Sustained.

Absolute nonsense.

Hang on, Ferguson questioning the status of his part-time job doesn't give rise to his primary profession?

Yeah, right.

It was hilarious watching their reactions on MOTD for the penalty. It was like the very idea that a penalty had been awarded against them was fundamentally unacceptable to the players and fans.

And not to mention the classic Fergie watch-pointing, comedy gold.