Man Utd 1 - 1 Newcastle Utd - 26/11/11 - post-match reaction from page 46

Beren

Was going to this earlier, but was completely knocked for six by the tragic news. I thought we played really well overall, once we'd gone down to ten men though it was real last ditch stuff. A couple of things that do seem to have been swept under the carpet is that the ball hit Hernandez on the arm on the way in. Le Tissier said as much but as it hit him on the upper arm he felt this was insignificant. Also Rafael and Rooney both could of walked on another day, they committed at least half a dozen bookable offences between them. Anyway, some match ratings:

Krul 9 - He's such a fine shot stopper and he really showed that today. He also showed bravery in getting to feet quickly.

Simpson 8 - Caught woefully out of position on accassion, but apart from that he was spot on. The clearnace of the line was superb.

Taylor 8 - Brilliant for the most part but he has to take some responsability for the goal. He was indecisive, ended up keeping two men onside and as a result invited pressure on himself for the clearance.

Colo 9 - It's getting ridiculous now from Colo. He's setting such a high level of consistency week after week, he's an absolute joy to watch.

Taylor 5 Got rinsed time after time. On this occasion we kept a clean sheet in spite of his presence for me. He's put in some real solid shifts this season but he's really been shown up as a weakness in the armour during the last two games.

Obertan 6 - Though he looked dangerous in the first half but faded in the second. He has to work harder when he loses the ball.

Guthrie 6.5 - Along with Cabaye controlled the game in the first half, but was somewhat overan in the second. Looks decent whenever he's on the ball.

Cabaye 7 - Said similar folloing the last game but he provides all the control Guthrie does along with the added bite and engine. Controlled the game in the first half, got stuck in during the second.

Jonas 5 - After a blistering start to the season he's been a bit subdued in his last two or three appearances. He can have no complaints about the red, daft challange to make on a yellow.

Ben Arfa 6 - Lovely turn and dribble before the penalty decision. I just feel we have that little bit more cutting edge when he's on the park.

Ba 7 - Thought he scraped really hard, at times without little to no support. Took his penalty well too.

Ferguson highlighted and criticised the fact that assistant referees aren't full-time professionals. His military service is relevant in that context.

Sustained.

Absolute nonsense.

Hang on, Ferguson questioning the status of his part-time job doesn't give rise to his primary profession?

Yeah, right.

Yes, that's right.

What he does as his primary profession, unless it is football related, has no bearing on whether Ferguson has a right to question why we are still using part time Linesmen. Ryders tweet is Sun or Mail standard dislocated emotional wummery at its finest.

Ferguson highlighted and criticised the fact that assistant referees aren't full-time professionals. His military service is relevant in that context.

Sustained.

Absolute nonsense.

Hang on, Ferguson questioning the status of his part-time job doesn't give rise to his primary profession?

Yeah, right.

Yes, that's right.

What he does as his primary profession, unless it is football related, has no bearing on whether Ferguson has a right to question why we are still using part time Linesmen. Ryders tweet is Sun or Mail standard dislocated emotional wummery at its finest.

Ferguson went beyond questioning why we are using part-time officials, though.

Sustained.

Absolute nonsense.

Yeah, right.

Yes, that's right.

That's, a really odd use of a comma.

Sustained.

Absolute nonsense.

Yeah, right.

Yes, that's right.

In what way? ???

Sustained.

Absolute nonsense.

Yeah, right.

Yes, that's right.

It's correct, though.

Sustained.

Absolute nonsense.

Yeah, right.

Yes, that's right.

:thup:

Man. Seen my Man U supporting mate yesterday after the match and today when we watched Liverpool/Man City. Doing my head in with the 'undeserved' bullshit. Every other mate who watched it said we were worthy of the point considering how well we defended that second half when they pushed us. He just sums up the worst kind of Man U fan who thinks it's an utter disgrace that a team doesn't bow down to them at Old Trafford. Yeah, we played well, but apparently we should've got the point from a proper, deserved goal. :lol: :lol: Dick.

Man. Seen my Man U supporting mate yesterday after the match and today when we watched Liverpool/Man City. Doing my head in with the 'undeserved' bullshit. Every other mate who watched it said we were worthy of the point considering how well we defended that second half when they pushed us. He just sums up the worst kind of Man U fan who thinks it's an utter disgrace that a team doesn't bow down to them at Old Trafford. Yeah, we played well, but apparently we should've got the point from a proper, deserved goal. :lol: :lol: Dick.

Man Utd fans by and large have a pathetic sense of entitlement. Whenever they don't win, so often there has to be a reason for it other than it being their own fault.

It is of course led by SAF - a great manager who will go down in history as one of the very best, but my word, he likes a good moan when things don't go his way.

Got a text from my Man U supporting mate "worst penalty shout ever", I replied "Never a pen, Rooney was lucky to stay on the pitch" he replies "What the fuck are you on about" I pointed out the three incidents and he doesn't reply :lol:

Got a text from my Man U supporting mate "worst penalty shout ever", I replied "Never a pen, Rooney was lucky to stay on the pitch" he replies "What the fuck are you on about" I pointed out the three incidents and he doesn't reply :lol:

Oh aye, that was a fun one. I pointed out the Rooney 'tackle' on Colo, he just said 'what tackle was that? He done nothing wrong' I had to describe the whole incident, and he just kept going 'nah, nah, nah', couldn't get a reasonable explanation as to why Rooney's foot was ploughing into Colo after the ball had travelled yards away from the both of them.

Guest Chubby Jason

Ferguson implying that the lino shouldn't work again. Disgusting.

And that's exactly how he's gone too far. Horrible old b******.

It's all the more outrageous that nothing has been done about it. No one has even flagged his comment as anything more than Fergie "setting the officials straight". Hardly surprising though, he's been getting away with it for decades.

In light of today's sad news, it's all the more poignant but a great moment in my supporting history yesterday. As Ba lined up the penalty all our row stood arm in arm a la most teams acknowledging a minutes silence and collectively went mad when he scored. As I say seems a bit daft looking back but a good example of what makes following the club so great.

Sustained.

Absolute nonsense.

Yeah, right.

Yes, that's right.

It's correct, though.

Fair enough, just reads strangely :-)

We played decent enough yesterday I thought. I enjoyed our possession in the first half, Obertan's runs down the right and Cabaye/Guthrie's strong midfield performance.

Of course, Man U had their chances to kill off the game but Krul and our defence were brilliantly solid. Was pretty much shitting myself in the final 10 minutes or so. Thank f*** we survived the onslaught!

(Was never a penalty for us like).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2066924/Sir-Alex-Ferguson-set-escape-FA-ban.html

Sir Alex Ferguson is expected to escape punishment from the FA despite his stinging criticism of linesman John Flynn for awarding Newcastle a fiercely controversial penalty at Old Trafford.

The Manchester United manager branded Flynn's decision to flag for Rio Ferdinand's challenge on Hatem Ben Arfa as 'one of the worst I have ever seen' and questioned whether he would be allowed to officiate in the Premier League again.

The FA will analyse Ferguson's comments on Monday morning but the initial reaction is that he stopped short of questioning the integrity of the officials, and is therefore unlikely to face a charge of improper conduct.

Ferguson was hit with a five-match touchline ban in March for criticising Martin Atkinson's performance when United lost at Chelsea, and he also received a warning for remarks made about Howard Webb before the two clubs met again at Old Trafford in May.

It is still possible the FA may write to ask Ferguson for an explanation after he hit out at Flynn, who failed to spot Ferdinand making contact with the ball before persuading referee Mike Jones to overturn his original decision to give Newcastle a corner.

Cool.

"he stopped short of questioning the integrity of the officials, and is therefore unlikely to face a charge of improper conduct."

:lol: :lol: What part of "worst decision I've ever seen" and questioning whether the linesman should "ever get a game again", is stopping short?!