Newcastle United vs Chelsea - Saturday December 3rd @ 12.45pm

Kaizero

"The only reason I am predicting a draw and not a loss is the fact that Gutierrez is suspended for this game (two yellows against United). He is arguably their most influencial player going forward... "

:serious:

:yao:

Who is consistently better?

I would say anyone in midfield and the strikers. And probably Santon. Jonas is frustrating as fuck going forward, with a few exceptions now and again. He willingly runs at people yes, but he doesn't know how to distribute the ball. Note I think his defensive qualities are very useful, and there's no questioning his engine on form.

I hope Coloccini is fully fit for Saturday.

Coloccini got up from the treatment table to play against the Red Devils after a back problem looked likely to rule him out – until he insisted on playing.

Pardew told the Chronicle: “It was Colo’s bravery that got him out there, and we wouldn’t have got the results without him – 100%.”

And Pardew has backed Coloccini to play through the pain barrier again if necessary against Andre Villas-Boas’ under-fire Londoners, while praising the Newcastle medical team.

“How he played at Man United I don’t know,” he added. “He could hardly walk off the training field on Friday.

“His back seized up and the medical team did a fabulous job on him.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/11/30/boss-says-nufc-success-down-to-coloccini-72703-29867142/

Guest magpie99

I think this one has draw written all over it, tbh.

We will certainly miss Jonas because I fear Raylor/Sameobi being attacked down our left by Sturridge/Mata. I like the idea of Santon replacing Jonas but I cannot see Pardew doing this.

The pace of Obertan and Sameobi will be crucial for us in countering the threat of Bosingwa and Cole overlapping from full back but thety will equally need to be vigilant when our wide men attack on the break.

I  can see a 1-1 draw with both teams scoring from penalties

"The only reason I am predicting a draw and not a loss is the fact that Gutierrez is suspended for this game (two yellows against United). He is arguably their most influencial player going forward... "

:serious:

:yao:

Who is consistently better?

I would say anyone in midfield and the strikers. And probably Santon. Jonas is frustrating as f*** going forward, with a few exceptions now and again. He willingly runs at people yes, but he doesn't know how to distribute the ball. Note I think his defensive qualities are very useful, and there's no questioning his engine on form.

Santon is consistently better than Jonas despite never making a start in the Premiership?  :lol:

Jonas is one of our best players on the pitch, he has amazing defensive skills and I think that he has limited himself this season as he is always tracking back to cover for Raylor, and because of that he hasn't been able to go forward as much, but when he does he's one of our key men, as much as I like Oberton most of our play seems to come from the left this season.

Jonas is one of our best players on the pitch, he has amazing defensive skills and I think that he has limited himself this season as he is always tracking back to cover for Raylor, and because of that he hasn't been able to go forward as much, but when he does he's one of our key men, as much as I like Oberton most of our play seems to come from the left this season.

you reckon ? i think he's only done that recently. earlier on in the season, in the so called easier games, he pushed on more than i've seen in a long time, more like his first few months here.

could be some are falling into the "they proved it with highlights on the tele from one or two games so they must do it all the time" trap (like the idea we always play with a very high line cos chris waddle pointed it out against citeh last season, though we didn't for the vast majority of games)

Guest icemanblue

I don't quite see what's so wrong with playing Guthrie as a left midfielder, granted he's not going to act as a winger much but he'll do a fair job shielding Raylor (assuming Santon doesn't get the nod).

Did you watch us when we were in the Championship?

Its getting ridiculous now. Wish they'd just tell us how long he's out instead of pushing it back game by game.

The worrying thing is I don't think they know. As lucky as we've been so far with injuries, when we have got them, it still seems to be a way too recurrent theme of return dates being regularly pushed back.

Its getting ridiculous now. Wish they'd just tell us how long he's out instead of pushing it back game by game.

Could it be that injuries don't actually work like that? It depends how he's feeling and recovering, surely?

Never understand why people expect the club to be psychic about exactly which game a player will be back for.