Newcastle United vs Chelsea - Saturday December 3rd @ 12.45pm

Kaizero

What if Pardew plays Lovenkrands on the left wing?  :kasper:

That isn't worth thinking. In any case, I reckon Pardew is more than likely to start Sammy on the left wing before Lovenkrands.

(though we may actually see Lovenkrands at some point tomorrow actually :undecided:)

Guest ykmkmdd

A little bemused why so many are suggesting starting Santon wide left when he's a right-footed defender with zero Premier League experience. Didn't even get a mention when Pardew discussed possible replacements - Sammy, Gosling, Vuckic and Lovenkrands all ahead of him for that position it seems.

Sammy will start on the left I reckon, and rightly so IMO - the pace of him and Obertan on the flanks, plus Ba and HBA through the middle should be perfect against Chelsea's high defensive line....

Still expecting a really tough game though, and would be very happy with a point.

A little bemused why so many are suggesting starting Santon wide left when he's a right-footed defender with zero Premier League experience. Didn't even get a mention when Pardew discussed possible replacements - Sammy, Gosling, Vuckic and Lovenkrands all ahead of him for that position it seems.

Sammy will start on the left I reckon, and rightly so IMO - the pace of him and Obertan on the flanks, plus Ba and HBA through the middle should be perfect against Chelsea's high defensive line....

Still expecting a really tough game though, and would be very happy with a point.

Aye that's what I want to see.