Gary Speed (1969–2011)

Dokko

With this coming out about 2 hours prior to the Swansea game, it should have been called off imo. There's Shay his former team-mate, Williams, Allen, Taylor, Collins in the Wales setup, and even lifelong Toon fan Danny Graham - it affects too many people, it's still far too raw. Of course, Sky are a profitable organisation and that speaks for itself, sadly.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Just seen this on Twitter

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/457905959.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1322404465&Signature=GKbClCpLluQUegdTV9Bm0XjvHU0%3D

Poor Shay :weep: Credit to those players going out there and playing on today.

They said it was a contact lense issue on Sky, like. But still, don't blame him if it isn't.

Would the teams have been offered a chance to postpone the match do you think?

Yeah, they said the ref went to both managers before the Swansea/Villa game and asked if they wanted to go ahead with the game.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/457905959.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1322404465&Signature=GKbClCpLluQUegdTV9Bm0XjvHU0%3D

They said it was a contact lense issue on Sky, like. But still, don't blame him if it isn't.

Yeah, they said the ref went to both managers before the Swansea/Villa game and asked if they wanted to go ahead with the game.

Doubt that, mate.

Mcleish said pre game they'd met with the referee and decided they'd play because of the policing and the cameras. Such things are irrelevant on a day like this. Fair play to them for playing, but it should have been off.

What good would it do?

Gary Speed was a model professional and a credit to football. Hard-working, dedicated, an inspiration. One of my childhood heroes.

Speed: "Newcastle was probably the happiest time of my career. That Champions League campaign was a fantastic time."

Quite comforting to hear he enjoyed his time here, and felt appreciated her - particularly with Sir Bobby, I imagine. Bit of a golden era.

Naah man, he was clearly bawling on the live television pictures. Just after the minute applause, he ran towards the touchline, camera zoomed in, and his eyes were bloodshot and moist, and he could barely talk to the physio. The tears probably caused the contact lens issue anyway

Gary Speed was a model professional and a credit to football. Hard-working, dedicated, an inspiration. One of my childhood heroes.

Speed: "Newcastle was probably the happiest time of my career. That Champions League campaign was a fantastic time."

Quite comforting to hear he enjoyed his time here, and felt appreciated her - particularly with Sir Bobby, I imagine. Bit of a golden era.

Always spoke highly of this club, I think Sir Bobby was a real role-model for him as well...

Gary Speed: "Sir Bobby did a lot for me, sometimes without me even realising. He created a wonderful environment at Newcastle."               

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

#nufc Harper: "I am shocked and devastated at the news. Gary was a great friend, the ultimate professional and will be sorely missed."

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

#nufc Steven Taylor: "I'm totally shocked. He was a top, top man and the complete professional."