Gary Speed (1969–2011)

Dokko

Can see Given playing with his heart here and being unbeatable today. Really sad seeing him like that. :(

I've hated Given since he jumped ship instead of at least staying until the end of our relegation season, however today I feel for him.

Can see Given playing with his heart here and being unbeatable today. Really sad seeing him like that. :(

I've hated Given since he jumped ship instead of at least staying until the end of our relegation season, however today I feel for him.

Same. Really feel for him and that just shows how sort of unimportant football can be in this world.

A legend for Wales, Newcastle and football in general. A hero of mine in both black and white and red shirts of club and Country. People here is Wales cannot believe it, I've cried like a kid and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

RIP Speedo.

I really hope next week against Chelsea we pay a proper tribute to him. Deserves more really.

This. He was a proper club legend. He gave us great service and was a model professional. At least if the club do nothing the fans will sing his name for the 90 minutes.

Wow, in complete shock here :( Is it confirmed that it was suicide? He seemed to be the last person I would've thought was capable of doing that :(

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Shola, John Carver, Derek Wright are the ones off the top of my head who are still here from Speed's time at the club.