Gary Speed (1969–2011)

Dokko

Dan Walker, who presented Football Focus, with Gary Speed as a guest, yesterday: "He was as bubbly as I've known him. He was talking about his kids how they were really coming on and talking about playing golf next week. Even small things like how he'd just got into Twitter. It's awful to think someone who was so gifted and so well liked with the rest of his life to look forward to has been cruelly removed. He was in such a good mood about the show and said he'd love to come back before Christmas, he said: 'I really enjoyed it.'"

:undecided:

With this coming out about 2 hours prior to the Swansea game, it should have been called off imo. There's Shay his former team-mate, Williams, Allen, Taylor, Collins in the Wales setup, and even lifelong Toon fan Danny Graham - it affects too many people, it's still far too raw. Of course, Sky are a profitable organisation and that speaks for itself, sadly.

McCleish was saying his side were OK to go ahead and play but more than happy to postpone if Swansea wanted to do so, then started talking about all of the cameras, the police, the "logistics" of it and suggested it wasn't really feasible to call it off.  I think if either team were adamant that they wouldn't play then you couldn't really have stopped them or punished them retrospectively, but it does seem like the fact that it's televised has played a role in it going ahead.

Dan Walker, who presented Football Focus, with Gary Speed as a guest, yesterday: "He was as bubbly as I've known him. He was talking about his kids how they were really coming on and talking about playing golf next week. Even small things like how he'd just got into Twitter. It's awful to think someone who was so gifted and so well liked with the rest of his life to look forward to has been cruelly removed. He was in such a good mood about the show and said he'd love to come back before Christmas, he said: 'I really enjoyed it.'"

Heartbreaking :(

It just doesn't make any sense.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

It just doesn't make any sense.

Makes it far worse reading stuff like that.

Guest bimpy474

Is Taylor magnetically attracted to cameras and journalists?

Even for you, that's an incredibly fuckwitted and ill-timed post. There you go, I've bitten, hope you're happy.

I nearly bit, just ignore him.