Gary Speed (1969–2011)

Dokko

Guest Haris Vuckic

I just keep thinking Gary f***ing Speed, Man! f***!

Still doesn't seem real at times. Can't really explain, just still hoping it isn't true I suppose, not him.

Same here, cant seem to shake the thought.

I might just be naive, but I don't believe for a second that this has anything to do with a possible scandal just about to be published.

I'm the opposite tbh, I can't help but feel that there has to be a bigger picture to the event. I am devastated by what's happened and hope that if true then who ever is behind feels the weight of his death on their shoulders until their dying day.

Never mind crap about reporters just doing their job, there has to be a line that should not be crossed, it's not journalism it's ruining people's lives to sell papers.

I can see how and why you'd feel that, but to me it sounds like just needing a reason for it, as that would make the whole thing easier to understand. As it is, it's just completely baffling, no one understands why, and I think that's what's leading to these kinds of rumours.

Not trying to start an argument here btw, it's not the time or the place, I respect your opinions, I just needed to get that said.

Your more then likely right tbh, I hope you are infact.

The most recent comparable event was prbably two years ago when Robert Enke the German goalkeeper took his own life. He was ten years younger than Speed and still playing at the highest level. In his case there was a very clear reason for his depression, the death of his 2 year old daughter.

Suicide just seems so much worse than any other type of death.

Figured it makes more sense to share this with you guys rather than on my Facebook page.

Jesus, what a day!  Suicide is beyond fucked up for the living.

Gary Speed!

There's only one Gary Speed!

Gaaaryyy Speeeed!

There's only one Gary Speeeed!

RIP

Rumours that the Sun were going to run with accusation of him being gay.

:weep:

rumours............and so fucking what of he was ?

I don't have a problem if he was or not, just unhappy if those rumours are what made him commit suicide.

I've said along that people being gay doesn't bother me and that newspapers shouldn't get involved with people's private lives.

That's The Sun finished if true.

New corp, it's time it all ended. Rupert Murdoch, how much blood on your hands do you want?

it's more than just that, it's the populace that craves the shitey celeb scandal and tittle tattle, if the population didn't want it they wouldn't have a market to sell it to.

A message on the paper’s official Twitter account read: “No truth in this story. The Sun was not investigating Gary Speed in any way.”

Hope that's sincere.

Of course they are going to say that.

Maybe so, but it doesn't help to continue spreading rumours like this.

A message on the paper’s official Twitter account read: “No truth in this story. The Sun was not investigating Gary Speed in any way.”

Hope that's sincere.

Aye they're not gonna say 'Yeah it's true. We were planning to out Gary Speed like a bunch of dickheads.'

Aye can we lay off / remove speculation, just as bad as the papers really...I do understand it's tempting, especially as we are all struggling to understand why it ended up like this.

Stick to remembering the man, his work, his personality and the Mark he leaves on so many. :)

Guest Heneage

I hope the club are able to organise something befitting for him at the Chelsea game. A fantastic servant to our club and a nice man.

Rest In Peace.

Hope that's sincere.

Very much this :thup:

I'm the opposite tbh, I can't help but feel that there has to be a bigger picture to the event. 

I've been thinking this all day. I can't get my head around the fact that a guy who seemingly has it all, and everything going for him, has taken his own life.

I'd sooner remain baffled than hear in the press that he'd done a giggs.

New corp, it's time it all ended. Rupert Murdoch, how much blood on your hands do you want?

it's more than just that, it's the populace that craves the shitey celeb scandal and tittle tattle, if the population didn't want it they wouldn't have a market to sell it to.

I don't read the front pages of papers for that very reason.

I can't stand this culture where everyone needs to know the ins and outs of celebrities private lives and how celebrities and such are what everyone looks up to.

From the media who expose scandals and tap phones for stories too the magazines who buy the rights to wedding photos of celebrities who have hooked up for the money too the forced fed celebrity "reality" factor TV crap. It's all fucking wrong.

Hope that's sincere.

That wasn't my intention, my intention was to point out how the media now appear to have sent a man to suicide.

I don't read the front pages of papers for that very reason.

I can't stand this culture where everyone needs to know the ins and outs of celebrities private lives and how celebrities and such are what everyone looks up to.

From the media who expose scandals and tap phones for stories too the magazines who buy the rights to wedding photos of celebrities who have hooked up for the money too the forced fed celebrity "reality" factor TV crap. It's all fucking wrong.

And yet, you come running straight into this thread to repeat the gossip? ??? WTF?