Gary Speed (1969–2011)

Dokko

I really can't stop thinking about this, I'm still in a state of shock over the whole thing.

I think the reason I can't stop thinking about it was him appearing to be his usual self on Football Focus yesterday, and the horrendous thoughts that had to enter the mind of a man who everyone thought of as such a genuinely nice guy.

Really at a loss over this.

I'm not normally one that is saddened by the loss of life over someone that I never knew, but I really don't think I was as moved over SBR's passing as I have been today.

I cried when Sir Bobby died like, haven't today but have just felt numb. Such a ridiculous shock, that's the thing. SBR was struck down with illness and was an old man when his body finally couldn't fight any longer. This is just inexplicable. So much still ahead of him as well. :(

I really can't stop thinking about this, I'm still in a state of shock over the whole thing.

I think the reason I can't stop thinking about it was him appearing to be his usual self on Football Focus yesterday, and the horrendous thoughts that had to enter the mind of a man who everyone thought of as such a genuinely nice guy.

I'm not normally one that is saddened by the loss of life over someone that I never knew, but I really don't think I was as moved over SBR's passing as I have been today.

Pretty much just been saying exactly the same as this to my mate, this is harder than when SBR died :(

:sadnod: I think with Bobby, because he was well into his senior years having lived a brilliant life coupled with the fact his health had been slowly deteriorating for a few years, it meant we all knew it was only a matter of time before he passed and so it was easier to accept, but this is just tragic.

Aye, I'm the same as Dave, more of a numb, confused feeling than anything else. It's so strange knowing that someone has died but not having any rational or logical explanation as to why it has happened. Really has come as a shock.

Guest Stephen927

The thought to do it may have just crossed his mind today, no one will ever know. You can learn how to tie a noose in a few minutes on the internet now, and as has been said finding a place to hang it from is fairly easy.

What gets to me is the method of suicide he chose. He was in such a dark place that he knew when he took the step it would be final. So many opt for pills or wrists as there is that chance of being found as they take a little time.

So sad and bewildering. He seemed a very stable character, and I'd never heard of any troubles in either his personal or professional life. He didn't seem to have fallen on hard times.

Presumably there's something in his character or in the circumstances of his life that we're not aware of.

I cried when Sir Bobby died like, haven't today but have just felt numb. Such a ridiculous shock, that's the thing. SBR was struck down with illness and was an old man when his body finally couldn't fight any longer. This is just inexplicable. So much still ahead of him as well. :(

I cried when Sir Bob died a few times. When i heard, when i was at the ground laying tributes etc.

But today i thnk i've shed a tear 3 times.

The emotions are totally different though. It really just bears the question of Why? :(

I cried when Sir Bob died a few times. When i heard, when i was at the ground laying tributes etc.

But today i thnk i've shed a tear 3 times.

The emotions are totally different though. It really just bears the question of Why? :(

:sadnod:

I can imagine me shedding a tear when MOTD is on later on. Surely a tribute, the Swansea and Liverpool game too. It's going to be hard for whoever is on tonight.

Yeah it's gonna be a be a tough watch.

I can imagine me shedding a tear when MOTD is on later on. Surely a tribute, the Swansea and Liverpool game too. It's going to be hard for whoever is on tonight.

same, had to fight it back when watching the matches earlier on....especially after seeing shay

Remember when I was buying our home kit 2003-2005, the one with blue northern rock. Couldn't decide between Woodgate and Speed, went with Woodgate. f***ing gutted now. Wonder if there's any where I can get an old Speed jersey to commemorate...

Best i can find

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Welsh-Football-legend-Gary-Speed-Black-T-Shirt-Supporting-Ty-Hafan-/320802439512?pt=UK_Men_s_T_Shirts&hash=item4ab150c158

I'm sure I heard on the radio earlier Michael Owen's on tonight. :pilko: