Gary Speed (1969–2011)

Dokko

The minutes silence respected properly followed by a massive applause on the referee's whistle is the best way to do it.

chorus of "one gary speed" after the minutes silence. no doubt there'll be a few choruses throughout the game aswell.

Probably already posted but still:

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/381080_10150393840831481_677311480_8932128_1746036409_n.jpg

Fucking hell!  One of my favorite players of the last 20 years for his intelligence and work ethic.  Love him even more for completely turning around so many opinions about him from the early days. 

RIP, man.  You being the true marshal of Bobby's side got me through some very difficult times. :(

so impressed with shay playing on despite clearly not being in the right frame of mind.

Robbie Savage on Gary Speed on 606: "I remember when Gary took over as Wales manager and there were rumours I'd come back. I was on the phone to him constantly saying 'Speedo give me one more chance.' He said: 'listen, 10 years ago maybe.' I kept on and he said 'I'll give you one more chance' I said 'seriously?' and he says: 'Yes, we need a bus driver.'"

so impressed with shay playing on despite clearly not being in the right frame of mind.

Robbie Savage on Gary Speed on 606: "I remember when Gary took over as Wales manager and there were rumours I'd come back. I was on the phone to him constantly saying 'Speedo give me one more chance.' He said: 'listen, 10 years ago maybe.' I kept on and he said 'I'll give you one more chance' I said 'seriously?' and he says: 'Yes, we need a bus driver.'"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Savage and others told some great stories about him on 606, podcast is worth a listen, him and Fletcher could hardly finish the show, very emotional. He was playing for Birmingham when Speed scored that screamer off the post, said that he went over to him two minutes later and said "how did you do that Speedo?", Speed just winked and said "you'll never be able to do that son" :lol:

So, so sad. I'm really struggling to get my head around this. There are numerous 'celebrities' who when they die early you think it's sad but you genuinely aren't shocked or surprised - Amy Winehouse for example. For this to happen to a good man like Speedo is a difficult one to get your head around. Thinking of him at his final

moments is enough to break any man to tears

RIP. Shay Given looked so upset and it was a credit to him for playing and keeping a clean sheet. People slated Given for leaving our sinking ship, going for good money etc but this shows how pathetic any of us are for even thinking such thoughts when you stop and think objectively. It's a game FFS and this is a man (among many) who has lost a dear friend. The only good to come out of this is that it has truly united the football world and the country

Brilliant  :lol: