Newcastle United 0 - 3 Chelsea - 12/03/11 - post-match reaction from page 37

Beren

Being fair to Chelsea btw, in defence and midfield they barely misplaced a pass all afternoon. We only got the ball back through good tackling or their failed attempts in the final third. For all their 'crisis' etc they still looked a cut above most other teams (including us) in that respect.

it's like their crisis last season under Ancelotti, from december to march they looked shit scared whenever a team got at them or they experienced bad luck or something to make their heads drop. if we'd had our strongest side with tiote, jonas etc i think we could've ruffled their feathers a bit more and got something. in fact if Luiz had gone i think their heads would've dropped and we'd see all their problems suddenly exposed.

:thup:

That's why it was such a key moment, even so early in the game. Pardew clearly felt that way as well, looking at his post-match comments.

I'll be over this result in no time, but I'm fucking worried about the injuries. Potentially devastating.

What is it, 2 league titles until Abramovich turned up?

1 league title, 3 FA cups, 2 League cups, 2 UEFA Cup Winner's Cups.

In contrast to West Ham's haul of 3 FA Cups, 1 UEFA Cup Winner's Cup.

Average historical crowd more than 7,000 bigger than west ham's puny amount, and a few hundred more than even ours.

Whatever way you look at it, Chelsea were a bigger club than West Ham before Abramovich came along. And it's not like you can simply discount what has happened since either.

Brilliant attendances like 7000 v Southampton in the early 90s, and regularly getting sub-10k attendances throughout the 80s.

it's specifically shite like this that prompted me to bring it up, no offence btw. for the sole reason that it reminds me so much of those cretins who bang on about our low attendances in the late 80s, early 90s pre-keegan. tiresome nonsense.

In what way is it shite? Since I was born their attendances have been absolutely hopeless and much worse than ours. They were by no means a massive club when Abramovich took them over.

Krul 9 - We've come to expect excellence as standard.

Simpson 5 - Occasional decent moments, but radiates fear whenever the ball goes near him.

Taylor 7.5 - Has really matured as a defender over the last year.

Colo 7 - Decent display.

Raylor 4 - Not his fault, but continually gets found out for a lack of pace and strength.

Obertan 3 - I'm really disappointed in him, because I thought he'd be a good buy. Seemed to bottle one or two challenges, as per.

Cabaye 7 - Did well under pressure.

Guthrie 7 - Occasionally got found out, but always played with spirit and no little skill.

Lovenkrands 6 - Surprisingly, had a few threatening moments.

Ba 7 - Decent all round performance. I just wish he was a bit quicker.

Ben Arfa 4.5 - Seemed to be playing in his own world. A game to forget.

Shola 7.5 - Had an excellent impact.

Perch 7 - Did well, considering he was coming into a difficult situation. The most convincing performance I've seen from him.

Sammy 6 - Not everything came off, but the talent and drive is there.

Chelsea didn't have as good a record as Spurs or Arsenal, but it was often said pre-Abramovich that they had the potential to be really big. They are by far the biggest club in South and West London, and could establish a dominant position in those areas.

i'm very surprised obertan seems to be getting more stick than lovenkrands. obertan at least stretched them a little in the second half, loven was woeful throughout save for a 30yd run with the ball in the first half. he gave taylor no support whatsoever and was the main reason sturridge was allowed to rampage whenever he wanted. playing him was a massive fuck up by pardew.

the game in general, they should've been down to 10 within 5mins, they looked the more fluid but we still created chances (i don't think i've ever seen the woodwork hit so much in one game). given the chances we had we could, at a push say we maybe should've got a draw but if either team was going to win it wouldn't have been us.

i'm very surprised obertan seems to be getting more stick than lovenkrands. obertan at least stretched them a little in the second half, loven was woeful throughout save for a 30yd run with the ball in the first half. he gave taylor no support whatsoever and was the main reason sturridge was allowed to rampage whenever he wanted. playing him was a massive fuck up by pardew.

I agree Loven was crap defensively but he also created a chance for Ba and i'd probably say was our most creative player. Obertan on the other hand had a nightmare performance, him and Raylor stand apart from the rest as being awful.

Not reading back through all this

Has it been mentioned what that cunt said about not sending him off?

Pards on NUFCTV said he was told my Deane that Ba was not in control of the ball so therefore it was only a yellow.. is this cunt making up rules? Demba was going to run onto it for a first time strike, since when did you have to be in control of the ball?

Surely you just have to be able to beat the keeper to the ball and no other defender is close enough to get to you?

i'm very surprised obertan seems to be getting more stick than lovenkrands. obertan at least stretched them a little in the second half, loven was woeful throughout save for a 30yd run with the ball in the first half. he gave taylor no support whatsoever and was the main reason sturridge was allowed to rampage whenever he wanted. playing him was a massive f*** up by pardew.

I agree Loven was crap defensively but he also created a chance for Ba and i'd probably say was our most creative player. Obertan on the other hand had a nightmare performance, him and Raylor stand apart from the rest as being awful.

got to disagree and i've got a spare specsavers voucher if you think he was our most creative player. raylor was poor but made to look worse by being given no support at all, obertan fucked some things up because he had the ball, loven didn't even do that with raylor getting into was should've been lovens more often than the dane.

i'm very surprised obertan seems to be getting more stick than lovenkrands. obertan at least stretched them a little in the second half, loven was woeful throughout save for a 30yd run with the ball in the first half. he gave taylor no support whatsoever and was the main reason sturridge was allowed to rampage whenever he wanted. playing him was a massive f*** up by pardew.

got to disagree and i've got a spare specsavers voucher if you think he was our most creative player. raylor was poor but made to look worse by being given no support at all, obertan fucked some things up because he had the ball, loven didn't even do that with raylor getting into was should've been lovens more often than the dane.

as i said loven was poor defensively - i called it a "dereliction of duty" in my ratings.

but going forward he was alright and along with guthrie our most creative player, good cross for ba, a few good through balls including the one for the luiz incident, and a couple of good dribbles. Now what did Obertan do in comparison? nothing. Ben Arfa? very little. Cabaye? A few floated passes out wide but he was more busy defending. full backs? shite going forward. I'm no Lovenkrands fan, and it was hardly a stellar performance (gave him a 6.5 myself) but he was one of our better attacking players. any idea that Obertan was better is laughable, frankly.

Being fair to Chelsea btw, in defence and midfield they barely misplaced a pass all afternoon. We only got the ball back through good tackling or their failed attempts in the final third. For all their 'crisis' etc they still looked a cut above most other teams (including us) in that respect.

They do the basics right! Least I would expect from that collective heap of primadonnas. They used to do much more than the basics though. Not these days.

Pards on NUFCTV said he was told my Deane that Ba was not in control of the ball so therefore it was only a yellow.. is this cunt making up rules? Demba was going to run onto it for a first time strike, since when did you have to be in control of the ball?

Surely you just have to be able to beat the keeper to the ball and no other defender is close enough to get to you?

Yeah, I can only think that the ref thought that Cech would get to the ball before Ba. It seems a clear mistake, but maybe from the angle that the ref was looking, it was difficult to judge. The benefit of his doubt went to the defender, but maybe if it had been later in the match he'd have been a bit braver. Trying to be Mr Reasonable here.

Maybe the law needs clarifying, because regardless of whether Ba would have got there first, I'm quite sure that Luiz's mindset was that he was through on goal and had to be stopped.

Yeah, I can only think that the ref thought that Cech would get to the ball before Ba. It seems a clear mistake, but maybe from the angle that the ref was looking, it was difficult to judge. The benefit of his doubt went to the defender, but maybe if it had been later in the match he'd have been a bit braver. Trying to be Mr Reasonable here.

Maybe the law needs clarifying, because regardless of whether Ba would have got there first, I'm quite sure that Luiz's mindset was that he was through on goal and had to be stopped.

think he simply bottled it because it happened so early in the match. no other real reason despite what excuse he might dream up.

Luiz made sure it wasn't a penalty as well.

In any case, if the referee wasn't sure because of his angle etc he should have consulted the linesman who was staring right at it.

Pards on NUFCTV said he was told my Deane that Ba was not in control of the ball so therefore it was only a yellow.. is this c*** making up rules? Demba was going to run onto it for a first time strike, since when did you have to be in control of the ball?

Exactly. It doesn't count because he wasn't controlling the ball and yet he was running onto a through ball with a view to striking it beyond hte keeper?  :lol: Absolute fucking bollocks